Boardwalk balcony on Oasis

They sell these views as a boardwalk view....not an ocean view. So I guess my point is, if you want an ocean view, book an ocean view...if you want a Boardwalk view, book a boardwalk view....pretty simple. I don't think many people will book a boardwalk view for the ocean, and if that is your intent, you may be disappointed

They sell these views as a boardwalk view....not an ocean view. So I guess my point is, if you want an ocean view, book an ocean view...if you want a Boardwalk view, book a boardwalk view....pretty simple. I don't think many people will book a boardwalk view for the ocean, and if that is your intent, you may be disappointed

Well the pix above your posting is a pretty nice water view. On Harmony I am the last cabin to the water on deck 12. On Oasis I am 2nd to the outside on deck 10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank you Doug for your extremely helpful info. You must of been on O or Allure.

The most recent of this conversation is about Abyss and the fact it is going to be a major intrusion on the view on Harmony. I think even the beautiful 12329 view will be impacted[emoji49]!

I am so concerned that I just booked 10727 on Oasis for my Sept 2017 birthday cruise.

Yes Oasis. Would not have wanted that ugly slide in there, and would there be noise from the line crowd above?

Yes Oasis. Would not have wanted that ugly slide in there, and would there be noise from the line crowd above?

Actually I bet that you are going to be hearing the people in the tube screaming[emoji13], and I also bet that just the weight of people going through the tubes at certain places is going to produce noise and I bet it all will bounce off the structures[emoji21]. I bet it is going to add a lot more noise! Man ms O is sounding better every second I think more about this.

Tell me is it overly noisy on O? I want to say I have experienced the boardwalk once, but I don't want to be tortured by too much loud extraneous noise continously. I am expecting during day til 9pm, but does it calm down after?

Tell me is it overly noisy on O? I want to say I have experienced the boardwalk once, but I don't want to be tortured by too much loud extraneous noise continously. I am expecting during day til 9pm, but does it calm down after?

The noise actually goes on until about 10 or 11pm, depending on what time the shows end. There was an NBA game one night on our cruise, which went on until 11:30 pm. The crowd was especially loud that night. We quickly got used to the noise, but it is definitely there. Early mornings were fine and quiet.

The reason we book a Boardwalk balcony is the price is usually much lower than an ocean view balcony, and we still get to see the ocean. Hope this helps. Since you are curious about the boardwalk balcony, go for it. I was too, and I am glad we tried it, because it was a unique experience and we will keep booking them if the price is right and we can get the far aft ones. [emoji846]

For our upcoming Allure cruise, the oceanview balcony guarantee was actually a lot cheaper than boardwalk... so, I am excited to experience it on an Oasis class.

Edited by APDMOM

I made the mistake of booking 2 boardwalk rooms on Harmony for March 2017when they opened bookings - great deal... assuming we would have a nice view from 10329 &11329.

From the minute they announced Abyss I have been looking to move from Boardwalk to Ocean View. The price is $1500 more currently - so my choice is to 1) Stick it out 2) Downgrade to a CP Balcony 3) Cancel/Book another cruise 4) Keep watching for a "sale" on Harmony OV rooms.

The noise actually goes on until about 10 or 11pm, depending on what time the shows end. There was an NBA game one night on our cruise, which went on until 11:30 pm. The crowd was especially loud that night. We quickly got used to the noise, but it is definitely there. Early mornings were fine and quiet.

The reason we book a Boardwalk balcony is the price is usually much lower than an ocean view balcony, and we still get to see the ocean. Hope this helps. Since you are curious about the boardwalk balcony, go for it. I was too, and I am glad we tried it, because it was a unique experience and we will keep booking them if the price is right and we can get the far aft ones. [emoji846]

For our upcoming Allure cruise, the oceanview balcony guarantee was actually a lot cheaper than boardwalk... so, I am excited to experience it on an Oasis class.

Thank you for the info. That is me at the end on Harmony or 1 in on O.

I made the mistake of booking 2 boardwalk rooms on Harmony for March 2017when they opened bookings - great deal... assuming we would have a nice view from 10329 &11329.

From the minute they announced Abyss I have been looking to move from Boardwalk to Ocean View. The price is $1500 more currently - so my choice is to 1) Stick it out 2) Downgrade to a CP Balcony 3) Cancel/Book another cruise 4) Keep watching for a "sale" on Harmony OV rooms.

Here is what I migt suggest since it looks like you are doing this during school break month!

1) I would wait until Harmony starts sailing in just mere weeks. See what the Paxs are saying and the pixs! You may find you are not alone.

2) Maybe the reaction might prompt Royal to take an action for people who feel the way U do. It was not cool to leave out this tiny detail affecting so many. They really should honor people who want off due to it.

3) If Royal doesn't institute a plan than I would go to C&A if you belong, or CS, and see if they may offer to help you.

4) Keep looking for those sales but the 60% is somewhat decent.

Good luck!

There are also fairly new added perks with those Boardwalk Balcony cabins too. For sailings after November 2016.

lunch or dinner for 4 at JR's

soda package for 2

private session rock climbing wall

We have the last 4 aft cabins on deck #9 for HOTS March 2017.

Are those perks automatic?

No you can't have 2 bookings for the same cruise.

You can have multiple cruises booked for the same week but you can't make more than 1 booking in your name on each cruise.

When it comes to final payment date you cancel all but the one cruise you decide to go on.:)

Bill

Gotcha...thanks Bill

I think #11329 will be fine, at least I hope so!

In 22 days I will take pics from #11325!

6332e881dcc819b428e091a5fa855031.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo A816 mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If this is not allowed my apologies, it is Abyss on Harmony with the director of something at RCL being filmed going down Abyss. It really gives no clues and it is dry.

It is loud, and you can hear staff outside the tube, so the noise can be heard both ways!

Thought I would follow up with the first rearward pics from Harmony.

Looks like deck 12 - 12729. Sorry to share the bad news. I hate to say I told you so....but...

55865cbeb2e05361c2d5c534d8b7cdc6.jpg

Yeah, they posted that it was from deck 12. Looks like at the end. Really impacts the view and not in a good way! :eek:

Curious to see if the lower decks are better or worse since it snakes around and inward.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not the person who made the statement about choosing deck 11, but I will weigh in on why I think 12729 and 12329 are the best boardwalk balconies... They are directly under the cover of the super structure. We had rain a couple of days on our Oasis cruise, but our balcony stayed dry. So we were able to sit out there despite the rain. Another reason is that there was a nice breeze coming through because of that structure. I will try to find a picture to show you what I mean.

Note that the overhang/super structure covers the whole balcony for 12329, just like it does for our 12729 starboard side:

0953fd14e79b50e0ec98b6811dcd6850.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Excited ..... Just booked 12329 for a B2B on the Allure in 2018 !!! This will be our first time on this class! I'm a little worried about the size of the cabin! :eek:

I am booked on Harmony for May 2017 in 11729. I'm just afraid from all the screams from the Abyss slide all day. I know the Allure/Oasis has nothing blocked. I hope to hear soon in the next couple of months about those rooms and either change or leave it be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in the same room on the harmony in January- worried about screams all day and that it might block out view.

We've been now a week in BV #11325 and I must confirm it will block your view a bit!

If one's not interested in slides (f.e. for kids) I would prefer Oasis or Allure.

I did Abyss once. It's been not bad but won't do it again.

Abyss has not been used a lot last week.

So I didn't hear many screamings.

Thanks Kruisefan -

I've been looking forward to your pictures from 11325.

I called RC C&A in an attempt to move our rooms (10329/11329) to the lowest cost OV (D8) balconies. As expected.... the cost is ridiculous at this point in time ($1200 per room). I'm now looking to replace this booking....which is :(:confused:.

A lot of people seem to like these balconies. Many people don't care for them. Lack of privacy, view of the ocean is not as good as you have with a ocean view balcony are a couple of reason for not liking them. The biggest negative for me is the long walk from the elevators to your cabin. DW has trouble walking long distances. Perhaps if they ran a shuttle from the elevator to your cabin we could book one

Im sailing in 9303 on July 3rd. I will take pictures and post them here. We usually sail in Ocean view balconies, but wanted to try something different. We thought we were getting the best of both worlds..a view of the ocean and the experience of the Boardwalk. Of course when we booked almost a year ago, there was no mention of the ugly purple Abyss. That is disappointing..and especially since we wont get any of the perks that start in November. I plan to make the best of it and hope to enjoy the experience. I will come back here and let you all know what my experiences were. For now, I can't wait to board her!

I keep seeing all these pictures of Abyss on HOS - does anyone know if Oasis will be getting this? If so, when? I'm sailing in April '18 and have an aft boardwalk balcony room and really don't want to be looking at this thing.

Edited by ramja96