In Suite liquor set up

machotspur

Hello

Mrs machotspur and I have recently booked our first cruise on Regent - a 20 day journey in the Caribbean on the new Explorer, in a Seven Seas Suite.

We have cruised quite a lot with Silversea & Seabourn but wanted to give Regent a try.

There is however one aspect that is puzzling us, particularly as the Regent policy appears to be so different to Silversea & Seabourn ...

Presumably as a result of the suite category we have chosen we are able to order two bottles of liquor to be in our suite fridge on arrival - no surprise there - same as Silversea & Seabourn.

Where the lines appear to differ however is with the ongoing replenishment of our chosen drinks. Silversea & Seabourn always replenish throughout the cruise without any problem but it appears that with Regent once the initial 2 bottles have gone then that's your lot !

We don't drink much hard liquor, preferring to stick with wine.

A bottle of Bacardi, or Johnnie Walker would provide approx 20 drinks, but a bottle of wine a maximum of 6.

We would therefore expect our two bottles of wine to have been consumed by day 4 of our 20 day cruise. So - if my reading of the policy is correct, if we would like a drink in our cabin/suite from Days 5-20 then we have to either get it from a bar, or from room service.

Any knowledgeable experienced folk out there that can advise if we have understood this policy correctly ?

Thanks so much.

Edited by machotspur

We have never had a problem getting wine replenished, and we seldom have a Butler suite, I just leave a note for our room steward. I ask for wine in our cabin on the first day and it is there when we return that evening. We usually also ask for a bottle of Gin and its been no problem, other than DH never uses it all up and he hates leaving partially used bottles of Gin....:)

I have also discovered that if I especially like one of the included dinner wines, I ask to have a bottle sent to our cabin, and it happens.

Enjoy....we will sail on Explorer next March and are looking forward to the new ship.

I hate to put a damper on this discussion but we had a rather disappointing experience with champagne while on the Mariner, twice. We asked for two bottles of champagne because we prefer wines to liquor. After we consumed our two bottles our stewardess (we did not have a butler on this sailing) told us that she was not allowed to give us anymore because we used our two bottle allotment. I went down to the purser's office and inquired and was told that yes, that is Regent's policy. I was told by the chief purser that we should just order food from room service and ask for a bottle of wine and just don't eat the food! Honestly, this was the response. I then made an appointment with the hotel manager. He confirmed that this was Regent's policy but he would make sure that we had as much champagne as we wanted in our suite whenever we wanted. By the time we were back in our suite, there was a new bottle of champagne and our stewardess replenished our bottle daily for the remainder of our 19 day cruise. When the hotel manager called our suite to see if all was well, we asked him if this is an issue we will have to deal with on all future Regent cruises. He told us to be sure to let our travel agent know and that our agent will be able to insure we won't have to deal with this again. Not so-- on our next cruise we had the same situation (even though our agent spoke with Regent, and we called Regent as well). We immediately called the hotel manager and it was resolved on the second day. We have been sailing on Seabourn and Silversea (where this never happens) but are booked Regent again. We will be in a Penthouse this time, so we are assuming our butler will take care of replenishing our wines at our request.

I hate to put a damper on this discussion but we had a rather disappointing experience with champagne while on the Mariner, twice. We asked for two bottles of champagne because we prefer wines to liquor. After we consumed our two bottles our stewardess (we did not have a butler on this sailing) told us that she was not allowed to give us anymore because we used our two bottle allotment. I went down to the purser's office and inquired and was told that yes, that is Regent's policy. I was told by the chief purser that we should just order food from room service and ask for a bottle of wine and just don't eat the food! Honestly, this was the response. I then made an appointment with the hotel manager. He confirmed that this was Regent's policy but he would make sure that we had as much champagne as we wanted in our suite whenever we wanted. By the time we were back in our suite, there was a new bottle of champagne and our stewardess replenished our bottle daily for the remainder of our 19 day cruise. When the hotel manager called our suite to see if all was well, we asked him if this is an issue we will have to deal with on all future Regent cruises. He told us to be sure to let our travel agent know and that our agent will be able to insure we won't have to deal with this again. Not so-- on our next cruise we had the same situation (even though our agent spoke with Regent, and we called Regent as well). We immediately called the hotel manager and it was resolved on the second day. We have been sailing on Seabourn and Silversea (where this never happens) but are booked Regent again. We will be in a Penthouse this time, so we are assuming our butler will take care of replenishing our wines at our request.

We have been in a "regular" deluxe suite on the Mariner since 1/13 and it is definitely not a problem getting as much Champagne or wine as we wish. We have simply left a note for our steward and the bottles appear at the next room servicing time. Red wines on the counter and whites/Champagnes in the fridge. Defeninitely NOT a problem. Do not need to involve the GM or anyone else.