Prepay DSC ?

baryton

Hi, I am on the Escape in August 2016. I have tried a couple of time to prepay my daily service charge. I have done so with my two previous NCL cruises. When I go to my Vacation Summary and attempt to pay at the proper link, it is blank.

Has anyone else had this issue? I would think they would be glad to get the money :)

Thanks, Rusty

:confused:

I had the same problem a few days ago for my 5/21 sailing on the Escape. When I logged into MyNCL it just showed a blank gray bar on the DSC section. I called the customer service number and paid it over the phone. I got an invoice in my email before we hung up. Might just be the website is having some glitches at the moment.

That link has been quirky.I booked back in July and didn't realize that I hadn't selected to prepay then. When I tried to do it after the fact, I ran into the same problem as you. You can either keep trying and one day it will miraculously work as it did for me, or give them a call and do it over the phone.

Hi, I am on the Escape in August 2016. I have tried a couple of time to prepay my daily service charge. I have done so with my two previous NCL cruises. When I go to my Vacation Summary and attempt to pay at the proper link, it is blank.

Has anyone else had this issue? I would think they would be glad to get the money :)

Thanks, Rusty

If you are using and iPhone or iPad to try to pay that could be the issue. That apparently was what they told me but who knows

In my case she had to allow me access on my iPad to be able to pay it

Regardless just call the number on your trip summary and pay it by speaking to a human

If you are using and iPhone or iPad to try to pay that could be the issue. That apparently was what they told me but who knows

Regardless just call the number on your trip summary and pay it by speaking to a human

Definately think the IPad is the issue, as I can't make payment when trying. Just call and let NCL personnel handle it. Email confirmation will follow minutes later!

Why would you prepay DSC?

* Some people prefer to pay ahead (everyone who asks this is usually fishing for this response so they can say how stupid it is to give the cruise line your money before it's due...whatever) for convenience.

* Pay DSC with gift cards.

* Someone else is paying the DSC as a gift.

* Someone else is paying the DSC who is not traveling.

* Someone may prefer to open a ship account based on a small amount of cash.

Why would you prepay DSC?

Because for the most part it makes absolutely no difference either way unless you have ta obc that will go toward it....and good luck and fingers crossed that the ncl system can distinguish between ncl obc and ta obc should you have both

It may work....or it may not

As far as waiting

to see if your service warrants dsc payment ....well while I am all for asking for a refund when you get poor service (I don't care about the laundry crew btw because ncl has the responsibility to pay their salary and I'm not in the habit of tipping back room people who I don't see...that is a waiters job or an employers job...and I'm not changing my mind on that so don't bother with the bleeding heart posts. Lol).....

If you are trying to prepay dsc months this in advance....well that's silly...but paying a week in advance....that's prudent in my book....just to make your sign and sail bill less cluttered and easy to read...or when you have more than 1 cabin

I pay mine a week in advance and then promptly go online and pay the credit card bill...

However a very realistic and good reason to prepay is as follows....

While I have never reduced or disputed dsc....it might also help to show this charge separate on a credit card....just in case it needs to be disputed should ncl give you a hard time in sending the dsc refund check

That would make it much easier than to try to dispute part of the larger non detailed sign n sail charge

IMHO I think that's the foremost argument for paying dsc separate and early

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too

The service rep did something on her end that allowed the dsc prepayment to be done on an iPad

So in my case I had the pleasure of calling plus the convenience of paying online. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

I've been trying to pay our DSC for a few days without success and using my trusty desktop.

We pay our DSC ahead of time because I like having a low final bill. I don't want an OMG moment when I see the final bill. And, if we did have an issue I think it might be taken more seriously if the DSC had already been paid.

We all know the guy who sees his final bill and decides without the DSC he could shave off a few bucks. Same passenger sometimes has never voiced any problems or claims the lines at customer service were too long, etc.

Thanks, Rusty

Pick up the phone and call the 800#. Will take less time than worrying about why the web site is not working.

Pick up the phone and call the 800#. Will take less time than worrying about why the web site is not working.

Why would I call, when the cruise line, supposedly, provides a convenient way to pay for your cruise, excursions, extras, etc.?

My original question was just to see if I was the "lone ranger" or if it was a systemic error.

I have plenty of time to deal with this, 4 months, and was curious.

:cool:

If you pay in advance, the price is locked in if the rates increase. I like to have it taken care of before I cruise. That's less on my bill at end of cruise & it leaves me more for additional drinks or trinkets.