Circle (Curtis Stone) magazine

smellycruzer

I will disagree with an earlier poster on this thread. The comment was made that if you have not eaten in Share, you cannot have an opinion. I do have an opinion though, for myself, on the menu, which is not at all tempting to me, dont really seen one item there I would like to order. I have also seen quite a few photos posted here on CC, of the actual food served. Not a bit appetizing from the looks of what I saw. Someone here on this thread also posted that the restaurant looked like a public library, which to me, it really does. Not comfortable, not cozy, not restful, not somewhere I would choose to have dinner. So...my opinion is that Share is not a place that I would like to have dinner. And I do find it annoying that items many loved were removed from the Always Available menu in the dining room because of C.S. items, which I have no interest in trying. So there.

Edited by stoneharborlady

I will disagree with an earlier poster on this thread. The comment was made that if you have not eaten in Share, you cannot have an opinion.

I have my own opinion - based on what the CS food tasted like in the main DR- it was terrible. Now based on that why should I spend $39 P/P + tip to eat in SHARE when anything with his name on it stinks? :p

Bring back Sabatinie's, redo the decor of the SHARE DR to what it was & I'll return, otherwise they'll never see me in there again.

Of his 6 dishes in the MDRs' date=' I only found one to be edible...and anyone can make a pot pie!

If I don't like his MDR food, why would I spend extra to eat at his upcharge restaurant? Princess made a big mistake on this guy. THey should cut their losses and move on.[/quote']

I agree completely. Although I'm worried who they would choose next. I'd prefer dishes and selections by the Princess culinary staff, not any celebrity chef.

I will disagree with an earlier poster on this thread. The comment was made that if you have not eaten in Share, you cannot have an opinion.

That was quite a tussle awhile back when the CS fans were out in force. That was one of their main points, that you can't knock it if you haven't tried it. They refused to accept the argument that someone might know from precious experience that they didn't like an ingredient, such as cauliflower, because CS can make cauliflower taste like something else. Then why use it? And on it went, devolving into some pretty vile name calling on the part of one of those fans (who seems to have disappeared entirely from this latest round of CS bashing.) Your CC history lesson for the day. LOL.

We haven't tried any Curtis Stone dishes yet. We will on our next cruise in November but it certainly has to be better than Carnival's clown Priince of the kitchen, Guy Fiere.

While I am not a supporter of CS branding on Princess, I am VERY glad Guy Fieri isn't affiliated with Princess.

Imagine the discussion here on the CC boards about the dress code at a restaurant like this :eek:

guy-fieri-burgerjoint.jpg

Curtis Stone has gone from the cover boy on the first new version of the Captain's Circle magazine that began this thread to not being mentioned anywhere in the 3rd magazine that I received yesterday.

It promotes Club Class, Luxury Bed, Majestic and the Sanctuary but not one word about Curtis Stone which is another indication to me that he's on his way out of the Princess door.

Edited by Astro Flyer

While I am not a supporter of CS branding on Princess, I am VERY glad Guy Fieri isn't affiliated with Princess.

Imagine the discussion here on the CC boards about the dress code at a restaurant like this :eek:

guy-fieri-burgerjoint.jpg

Given his culinary circus act, his placement on Carnival seems about right.

Curtis Stone has gone from the cover boy on the first new version of the Captain's Circle magazine that began this thread to not being mentioned anywhere in the 3rd magazine that I received yesterday.

It promotes Club Class, Luxury Bed, Majestic and the Sanctuary but not one word about Curtis Stone which is another indication to me that he's on his way out of the Princess door.

Maybe, its all a lead-in to club class dining, where he will graciously leave the M.D.R and set up shop, in club class.:eek:

He could be on his way out, but why would they do another article on CS when they did one not too long ago. I don't know that he needs to be mentioned every time.

Denise

Edited by dtb55

I'd wager a bet that the reason for that is the voices of all CC'ers here who chimed in against such propaganda!

Bring in Paula Deen - now we're talking about good food! She cooks with lots of butter!

I suspect her 'cuisine' would go down well with those who like to eat three courses off of the same plate, usually in alternate mouthfuls :D

Frankly I'm rather bemused by the whole SHARE / Curtis Stone / MDR thread here. It does seem that most comments here are from people who've never tried his menu options (guilty as charged) but if it is a success expect to see a further roll-out, if not, the experiment will be consigned to the annals of history.

Frankly there's more than enough dining choices to suite most palates.

I suspect her 'cuisine' would go down well with those who like to eat three courses off of the same plate, usually in alternate mouthfuls :D

Frankly I'm rather bemused by the whole SHARE / Curtis Stone / MDR thread here. It does seem that most comments here are from people who've never tried his menu options (guilty as charged) but if it is a success expect to see a further roll-out, if not, the experiment will be consigned to the annals of history.

Frankly there's more than enough dining choices to suite most palates.

The issue with CS is primarily that Princess took some beloved dishes off the menu and replaced them with Curtis Stone items. I guess someone who has not been a regular Princess cruiser would miss this finer point.

The issue with CS is primarily that Princess took some beloved dishes off the menu and replaced them with Curtis Stone items. I guess someone who has not been a regular Princess cruiser would miss this finer point.

Quietly working my way to Elite Status, since you ask :cool: