Circle (Curtis Stone) magazine

smellycruzer

I've just about had it with Curtis Stone. I used to enjoy receiving and reading the Captain's Circle magazine but the latest editions have essentially been promotional material for Curtis. It is not doing anything to persuade me to book yet another cruise (although needless to say I will!). There are so many other interesting topics that could be covered in that magazine. Is anyone else tired of hearing about Curtis or is it just me?

I saw him on the cover, flipped thru it looking for promos and then tossed it. But I am sure others r enjoying it...I would like to try Share but I don't need propaganda thru the mail...if you have got my email me....email me don't waste the glossy print.

I saw him on the cover, flipped thru it looking for promos and then tossed it. But I am sure others r enjoying it...I would like to try Share but I don't need propaganda thru the mail...if you have got my email me....email me don't waste the glossy print.

Agreed. I think Curtis got the better end of the deal partnering with Princess. As a heavy cruiser I like that they're trying out new things, but I don't need to be inundated with glossy articles about a "celebrity" chef.

Is anyone else tired of hearing about Curtis or is it just me?

Be careful. Criticizing the Great Curtis Stone on CC will get his fans after you. :p They do seem to be pushing his food awfully hard. I wonder if they need to do that because it hasn't been the success they hoped?

Be careful. Criticizing the Great Curtis Stone on CC will get his fans after you. :p They do seem to be pushing his food awfully hard. I wonder if they need to do that because it hasn't been the success they hoped?

I got the same magazine. I browsed it and tossed it.

BTW, did you notice how many times Stone played up the sharing aspect?

I suspect that the reason Princess is pushing Stone is that they agreed to promote SHARE in their publications, on the web site, etc.

BTW, did you notice how many times Stone played up the sharing aspect?

Yes. Glad you mentioned it. I was going to comment, but I figured I'd get hit with another round of nonsense. :rolleyes: It really isn't accidental that the restaurant is named "SHARE."

Yes. Glad you mentioned it. I was going to comment, but I figured I'd get hit with another round of nonsense. :rolleyes: It really isn't accidental that the restaurant is named "SHARE."

Every time Stone talks about his restaurant he emphasizes the sharing aspects of SHARE. I realize that one doesn't have to share to dine there, but the whole concept of the restaurant is sharing food. It's like liver. Why would you call something liver if it doesn't include liver?

I realize Princess has a considerable investment in Curtis Stone and his restaurant and food onboard and needs to promote it; but I am also weary of hearing about it.

I am also so disappointed that they have converted Sabatini's on some ships to SHARE dining rooms. Sabatini's, especially the ones on Sun Deck, were the most beautiful dining rooms I have seen on any ship. Now they look cold and uninviting.

Now that I am reading about the "Sharing" ...it really doesn't go with Norovirus does it?;);) I suppose Crown will never get a Share.....leaving on her next Sat...hope that deep cleaning is working today.....sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edited by land lover

I've just about had it with Curtis Stone. I used to enjoy receiving and reading the Captain's Circle magazine but the latest editions have essentially been promotional material for Curtis. It is not doing anything to persuade me to book yet another cruise (although needless to say I will!). There are so many other interesting topics that could be covered in that magazine. Is anyone else tired of hearing about Curtis or is it just me?

I tossed it in the garbage - like you, I'm sick of him too and I refuse to eat at his "Share." I'm not impressed! Bide your time, he'll be gone soon enough.

Every time Stone talks about his restaurant he emphasizes the sharing aspects of SHARE. I realize that one doesn't have to share to dine there, but the whole concept of the restaurant is sharing food. It's like liver. Why would you call something liver if it doesn't include liver?

I'd share the liver, as a matter of fact I'll give you my whole portion of it because I HATE LIVER! Gag me!

Having experienced SHARE, I am of the belief that Princess is promoting so much because it's not going too well. The food was just too out there to be experienced again and again. It was usually empty, and it was being pushed even out on the pool deck. I would bet they don't end up rolling out to the other ships, and that would be a good thing. We will happily eat at Sabatini's this summer and won't miss SHARE at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will be upfront and say that I have not yet eaten at SHARE. Hopefully I will be able to book a short coastal on the Ruby next year to try it out at least once. What I have seen posted is that you are limited to one item in each section (unless you pay more) and that the portion sizes are small. That certainly isn't conducive to sharing.

No it's not just you. You can add my name to the list.

Tony

I think we need a new thread. "People that hate Share without ever trying it."

I'll join. Menu doesn't sound appealing to me. :(

(I really loved the Crab Shack, though! And it only cost $20 for all you could eat delicious fresh seafood.)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

I think we need a new thread. "People that hate Share without ever trying it."

When I read the menu and there's nothing on the menu that appeals to me, I won't eat there. It's the same for any restaurant I go to. There's plenty that I avoid and then I have my favorites because I like what's on the menu.