Regal Princess Disembarkation May 12, 2016 from Copenhagen

Shelbell340

Hello. I disembark from the Regal on May 12th in Copenhagen at the Oceankaj Pier. My Delta flight is at 10am. I would prefer to walk off the ship as early as possible with my luggage and hail a taxi at the pier. My three questions for anyone who has recent experience with this situation:

1. Are taxis going to be readily available early in the morning at the pier?

2. Can I prearranged a taxi pick up prior to the cruise?

3. Should I take the Princess transfer to the airport?

Thank you for any help! I'm kind of freaking out!

You have good reason to be freaking out. 10am would seem awful early, especially for an international flight. I don't know how to do it, but I would pre-book a taxi or other private vehicle.

I am not sure that Princess will sell you a transfer with such an early flight. Even if they do, they will wait until the bus is full.

I would ask this question over on the Northern Europe boards, there are some very knowledgeable posters there. We did a Baltic cruise last year and disembarked in Copenhagen at the same pier, you are speaking of (which by the way is not particularly close to town or to the airport) and took the cruise line transfer. But I did my flights through the cruise line and I don't remember the flight being that early.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Hello. I disembark from the Regal on May 12th in Copenhagen at the Oceankaj Pier. My Delta flight is at 10am. I would prefer to walk off the ship as early as possible with my luggage and hail a taxi at the pier.

How many hours before flight time has Delta said you should be checked-in?

Yikes! I'd never book this early a flight from anywhere! I hope you have (a) EZ Air flights, (b) insurance, and © a backup plan! If there's any type of delay with disembarkation, or traffic, you'll miss your flight. Oh, another thing, I don't think you'll be able to get Princess transfers as this flight is likely way too early.

Good luck!

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

OP - I disembarked in Copenhagen two years ago on the Royal. It was a mess and took over one hour just to drive past the street leading up to the ship as it was a virtual standstill of cars, buses, and cabs. I, personally, think 10am is way too early. Maybe the congestion has eased in the two years since I was there, though. Good luck.

Princess said the earliest flight advisable was 9:30, so I can make my 10am. Another cc member states that she has a 10am flight Purchased through Princess and a princess transfer. I'm getting on that transfer! Plus, I have priority check in and boarding with Delta. I feel better knowing that if Princess booked a 10am flight on Ez air, they must be confident to get the passengers there on time. Thanks everyone!

We did this cruise last year. Danish Viking is the person to ask. When we sailed, we changed our departure to a walk off. We were out early. We stayed for a couple more nights in Copenhagen, so we caught a bus from the cruise terminal to our hotel. The same bus would take you to the train station. From there, you can take either the train or express train. Again - Danish Viking is the person to ask. He (or she?) lives in Copenhagen and is the local CC ambassador for info in Copenhagen.

We did this cruise two years ago. We were one of the first off the ship, and onto a bus quickly. We probably hit the airport around 7:30 - 8:00am. Our flight to Heathrow left at 10:55am, and we spent several hours in the airport waiting. The way Princess does these cruises in the baltics is that they have multiple ports of embarcation/debarcation. Therefore, there is not the normal 4,000 people getting on and off the ship at one port. THe actually ship your luggage to the airport before you, and when you arrive at the airport, you go to a big room, collect your bags, and then go check in. I would guess that you will make it fine if your flight leaves at 10:00am. Honestly, I wouldn't worry a bit

Princess said the earliest flight advisable was 9:30, so I can make my 10am. Another cc member states that she has a 10am flight Purchased through Princess and a princess transfer. I'm getting on that transfer! Plus, I have priority check in and boarding with Delta. I feel better knowing that if Princess booked a 10am flight on Ez air, they must be confident to get the passengers there on time. Thanks everyone!

You will be fine...as I posted prior to this, we did the same cruise two years ago when they had all the construction in the port and bad traffic. We had a 10:55am flight to Heathrow, and were at the airport quite early.....so early in fact that we got kind of bored waiting around.

The ship docks at 5 AM and they clearly tell you that you can take a flight at early as 9:30AM. We are sailing Regal in June and have gone ahead and purchases the Princess transfers thru our travel agent so we don't have to worry about the taxi situation!

I'd check and see how many ships are in port that day....you'll probably be one of the first off the ship that morning so I don't know if I'd worry that much about a taxi...but booking the transfer ($39 per person) might be the best bet!

Good luck!

I am on the same cruise in July...it clearly says 9:30am or later on Princess' website. I have a 9:55am booked home. I went ahead and booked the Princess transfer to the airport so I wouldnt have to stress out about getting a taxi at the port. I read somewhere on the message boards that the early transfer will leave the ship around 6am. that will give us plenty of time to check in.

When you are on the ship and asked to fill out the disembarkation information, make sure they know you want to be first off, first transfer to airport..youll be fine! good luck!

I am on the same cruise in July...it clearly says 9:30am or later on Princess' website. I have a 9:55am booked home. I went ahead and booked the Princess transfer to the airport so I wouldnt have to stress out about getting a taxi at the port. I read somewhere on the message boards that the early transfer will leave the ship around 6am. that will give us plenty of time to check in.

When you are on the ship and asked to fill out the disembarkation information, make sure they know you want to be first off, first transfer to airport..youll be fine! good luck!

and don't forget that you will not pick up your luggage when you get off the ship. You will go to a bus (transfer) that will take you to the airport where your luggage will be in a big room. You collect it and then head in to check in for your flight.

and don't forget that you will not pick up your luggage when you get off the ship. You will go to a bus (transfer) that will take you to the airport where your luggage will be in a big room. You collect it and then head in to check in for your flight.

great tip. ty

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I disembark from the Regal on May 12th in Copenhagen at the Oceankaj Pier. My Delta flight is at 10am. I would prefer to walk off the ship as early as possible with my luggage and hail a taxi at the pier. My three questions for anyone who has recent experience with this situation:

We just disembarked the Regal in Copenhagen yesterday. We had a 10:40 flight on BA; took the Princess transfer and got off the ship at 6:15 am and were at the airport before 8:00 a.m. Our luggage was waiting for us in a tent at the airport, we picked it up, walked to the terminal, and stood in line to check our bags, then had to go through security. We had enough time but if I had a 10:00 a.m. flight I think I would opt for the taxi since it's about a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic and several people on our bus had an earlier flight and were concerned they might not make it. Sorry, I can't help you with the taxi situation since we didn't walk through the terminal but they may have been there.

We just disembarked the Regal in Copenhagen yesterday. We had a 10:40 flight on BA; took the Princess transfer and got off the ship at 6:15 am and were at the airport before 8:00 a.m. Our luggage was waiting for us in a tent at the airport, we picked it up, walked to the terminal, and stood in line to check our bags, then had to go through security. We had enough time but if I had a 10:00 a.m. flight I think I would opt for the taxi since it's about a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic and several people on our bus had an earlier flight and were concerned they might not make it. Sorry, I can't help you with the taxi situation since we didn't walk through the terminal but they may have been there.

thanks for the update.

Do you know if you were the first Transfer Bus to leave the port? Im curious, why did it take almost 2 hours before you arrived at the airport if only a 30-45 min drive?

I agree, arriving at the airport at 8am is too late if you have a flight that leaves at 10am or earlier.

thanks for the update.

Do you know if you were the first Transfer Bus to leave the port? Im curious, why did it take almost 2 hours before you arrived at the airport if only a 30-45 min drive?

I agree, arriving at the airport at 8am is too late if you have a flight that leaves at 10am or earlier.

Our time to meet for debarkation was 6:15; we were the second number called (after all the walk offs, etc.) we actually got on the bus about 6:35 and there were three buses that left ahead of us. We had to wait until our bus was full (we were Red 3 and I know some Red 4 & 5 got on the bus after we did) so I don't remember exactly when we actually left the terminal. It was sometime before 8 when we got our bags but the BA counter only had one agent there at the time and others didn't appear until there was a huge line. Don't know if Delta handles it better.

Our time to meet for debarkation was 6:15; we were the second number called (after all the walk offs, etc.) we actually got on the bus about 6:35 and there were three buses that left ahead of us. We had to wait until our bus was full (we were Red 3 and I know some Red 4 & 5 got on the bus after we did) so I don't remember exactly when we actually left the terminal. It was sometime before 8 when we got our bags but the BA counter only had one agent there at the time and others didn't appear until there was a huge line. Don't know if Delta handles it better.

thanks for the info!

We were on the Baltic cruise in May last year. Yes, taxis are available at the pier.

It was orderly after immigration. There were directional signs to terminal exit for taxi station.

Terminal staffs, not porters, were present at exit to call a taxi for you and even helps with luggage so as not to stall the line.

With your flight schedule however, no one can predict if the taxi will encounter mechanical or other problems.

In your situation, Princess transfer is the safest option.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading different posts and talking to Princess, I decided to book a car service called Limos4Copenhagen. I filled out the disembarkation papers on the ship, I was in the first group to walk off the ship at 6am. I was off the ship and through the terminal by 6:15. The car service picked me up at 6:30. The ride to the airport was about 35/40 minutes, it was smooth and easy. Worth the money and I was sitting in the Sky Club lounge by 8 am!