Seattle Crown Princess embarkation question

kt6453

We are leaving out of Seattle on Crown Princess in May. We had planned to be at terminal around eleven to get on ship and have lunch in dining room, etc.

The times on my boarding info have now changed to list 1pm as the beginning of checkin, etc.

Anybody have any experience? I need to make reservation with town car and am now second guessing myself!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always arrive early to the port (10:45 or so), no matter which port. When we disembarked in Seattle last year, people were already lined up to check in.

I would recommend you re-post this on the Princess board and ask if check-in times are being enforced. They are not enforced on RCI cruises out of North America; they simply do it in an effort to stagger boarding and manage crowds.

We are leaving out of Seattle on Crown Princess in May. We had planned to be at terminal around eleven to get on ship and have lunch in dining room, etc.

The times on my boarding info have now changed to list 1pm as the beginning of checkin, etc.

Check-in at Pier 91 normally starts around 11am. Normally, the ships don't allow boarding until around noon but that's not carved in stone.

Tom

Tom is right as he always is. He posts great information. We’ve sailed a number of times out of Pier 91 and we always arrive at around 10:45 – 11am, with no problem. Normally boarding like Tom has said doesn’t start till around Noon. We too like to have a nice peaceful lunch in the MDR, I don’t care for the crowds in buffet. Good to see you back again this year Tom. Tom do you think the medical forms have changed this year?

Hmm, for some reason, the quote function isn't working right now. I've seen that happen occasionally, but have never known why. Anybody know the answer?

Thanks for the kind words Eaglecw, but you are either being very generous, or your memory is getting as bad as mine! :p But I do appreciate the thought.

As far as I know, the health forms will be the same. My wife just took her mother on a SF-Mexico-SF cruise and I just emailed her to ask her if they've changed. If they haven't, I'll upload a copy of the one from last year here so you can get a bit ahead of the game.

Looking forward to the Seattle cruise season again this year. Hopefully, the weather will be good again this year. If today was any indication, it's going to be a warm year. Set a new record high for the date today when it hit a high of 89, 12 degrees higher than the previous record of 77. One interesting thing was that 8 years ago on today's date, some parts of Seattle had snow on the ground!!:eek::eek:

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers