Allure Report - 16 Months in the Making

Day 4 - St Thomas

Today we were arriving in St Thomas, but not until 10am. We figured the Windjammer would be a madhouse since no one was off the ship at breakfast time, so we decided to try Solarium Bistro. It was also a buffet but a "healthier" one. This ended up being my favorite breakfast place. It's not quite as big as Windjammer but it had a good selection...same kind of items such as muffins , breads, cereals, nice fruit (including figs, kiwi and mango), yogurt parfait (one with granola and one with special k...which is a good option for someone like DH who has a tree nut allergy), eggs (including the eggs over easy), turkey bacon (which DH said was actually ok unlike what I heard on here), and things like waffles, pancakes, French toast. It wasn't that busy either so we found a seat no problem. Not sure if I was imaging, the coffee seemed better than Windjammer.

St Thomas ended up being my favorite stop. The place is just so beautiful.

So it is ok for children to go to the Solarium Bistro and eat anytime.

Thank yo so much for your review - we are getting ready to go to St.Thomas and I have been fretting on what to do while there... We have a 7 yr old boy and 3 yr old girl - you have sealed the deal for us! Thank you!!!!

We loved Coki beach. It's so beautiful and the waves were perfect for our kids. We did buy a life jacket for our younger one (who is 6 years) since she doesn't swim yet....just a comfort thing for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

First off I'm loving your detailed review. I too am like you and like to read and research and plan. I have a question if I am reading correct you can book you show times to work around your dining even if you are anytime dining and not traditional correct. Or do you pick at time slot for the anytime dining as well. Thanks hope this makes sense. :)

Thanks. So glad you are enjoying.

For my time dining (ie. anytime dining), then you can either make your reservations for each night or just show up and wait for a table (similar to a restaurant). If you choose to book, then it doesn't have to be the same time each night.

For example, one night we had a 5pm show (Ice Games) followed by 6:15pm dinner. On another night we had 6pm dinner and an 8:45pm Headliner show. That's what we liked about my time dining.

Ok, thanks so you can make reservation with anytime dining as well. Great thanks for you time in doing this review and all the photos. I've cruised all day with you and have enjoyed it. Good reading. :)

My pleasure. Good to have you cruise with us. :)

I see you are going April of next year, almost the same week. The weather was perfect....not too hot and not cold.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone.. I'm the DH of LuCruise and just want to say how awesome of a job she did planning our vacation.

I'm very much a typical 'Lets just show up and will be fine as long as there is beer' kind of guy. However, I know this doesn't work for everyone -- especially my OCD planning wife.

She spent tons of time planning this, doing analysis, spreadsheets, etc. While I make fun of her, I do appreciate it.

Enjoy your cruises.

Also to the other DH's on this thread: Please don't make me look bad and start posting detailed cruise reviews with spreadsheets, analysis, caring, etc. Thanks.. We gotta stick together ! :)

I loved reading this post. I, too, am the OCD planner for the family! And although I am certain my DH would never post his feelings on this forum, I do hope he appreciates my efforts as much as you appreciate your lovely wife's! Thanks for sharing!

Annette~

• 1 month later...
The Cats Out of the Bag

After a year of keeping a secret it was time to tell our kids. So excited. :p

We decided to tell them New Year’s Eve (well, when I say “we” I mean “I” since DH wanted to tell them as we’re driving to the airport). Figured it would give them something to look forward to in the New Year. So I had bought them each a 2016 calendar (which I always do, but typically give it to them earlier) and had printed and pasted pictures of the cruise ship and activities on our cruise dates as shown below.

IMG_0171%20Medium_zpsmjkrj7cm.jpg

And a close up of one of them

IMG_0172%20Medium_zpsdmlrtlhs.jpg

In the evening of the 31st, I handed them the calendars and my son started flipping through the months to look the picture on each month and when he got to April he said “hey, this is used”. Lol…I told him to look closer at the pictures…and yep, from their reaction they were pretty excited!

Our daughter was cute as each night, she would cross the day off the calendar…another day closer to our trip.

Cute Idea.

Thank you so much for this review. It was outstanding.

Looking for to the Allure in 2018.

Dawn

Thanks so much for the nice words. It's fun writing it (helps keep the cruise alive after it's over..lol). Enjoy the Allure in 2018. It's a wait but totally worth it.

• 6 months later...

Thank you so much for your post. I'm reading it almost a year after you wrote it and I find it so informative and detailed. I will be sailing on Oasis Jan 2018 with husband and my 2 year old son then and I'm so excited. This is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Your review is the first full review that I came across and I love it. 😊 Thank you again.

Thank you so much for your post. I'm reading it almost a year after you wrote it and I find it so informative and detailed. I will be sailing on Oasis Jan 2018 with husband and my 2 year old son then and I'm so excited. This is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Your review is the first full review that I came across and I love it. 😊 Thank you again.

Thanks for reading and for the compliments. So nice to hear it's helped you.

One year ago today we were on the ship. How I miss it. Oasis class is sooo amazing. You'll love it. It's such a family friendly ship so great for kids too. We loved it so much we've booked Symphony (for 2 years from now). Our kids will be so excited when they find out.

Enjoy your cruise!

It was my pleasure to read all your posts and look at all the pictures. We leave on May 14th . We are 6 elderly women ranging from 69 (me) to 91. All others are in their seventies. My first cruise without my hubby. Thank you and have fun on your next excursion.

Rhena Jean

It was my pleasure to read all your posts and look at all the pictures. We leave on May 14th . We are 6 elderly women ranging from 69 (me) to 91. All others are in their seventies. My first cruise without my hubby. Thank you and have fun on your next excursion.

Rhena Jean

Thank you so much. What a kind note. Have an amazing trip. So fun to be going with a group. The ship is amazing. Thanks for the wishes. We have Symphony booked in 2 years...which is an even longer wait than this one (16 month wait). Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 years later...