Allure Report - 16 Months in the Making

No, I didn't post it as wasn't sure how. I have tried taking a picture of the first page of Day 1. Is it readable? If so, I can continue with the rest if you would like. Let me know.

IMG_20160525_100111_zpslekeeohk.jpg

LuCruise; Thanks, Could you scan them and then attach them here.

Here are the instructions if you need them

Scan your documents and save them to your computer (remember where you save them)

Click Quick reply to this message

Click Go Advanced

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Manage Attachments

Click browse

Find your documents and double click on them

Click up load

Click close this window (down at the bottom of the window)

You then should see your documents attached.

Click Submit Reply

Thanks

LuCruise; Thanks, Could you scan them and then attach them here.

Here are the instructions if you need them

Scan your documents and save them to your computer (remember where you save them)

Click Quick reply to this message

Click Go Advanced

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Manage Attachments

Click browse

Find your documents and double click on them

Click up load

Click close this window (down at the bottom of the window)

You then should see your documents attached.

Click Submit Reply

Thanks

Not sure how to do the first step (i.e. the actual scanning). I can ask DH later...or can take the photos similar to the above screen print. I see there is the other thread too on the compass which is fairly recent too. Only difference is that the March one was probably prime Spring break time so some of the day shows were offered an additional time compared to when we went.

Planning is half the fun. ;)

I agree! My DW and I got married on board Adventure a year ago April and I did all the planning right down to our group tee shirt. I presented her with a few options but for the most part she just wanted it to be an unknown. I had a great time planning and making certain that she wanted for nothing the entire week.

I agree! My DW and I got married on board Adventure a year ago April and I did all the planning right down to our group tee shirt. I presented her with a few options but for the most part she just wanted it to be an unknown. I had a great time planning and making certain that she wanted for nothing the entire week.

Wow...neat to get married on a Royal ship. :)

Yes, I love the anticipation, the research and the planning. You and your wife sound like me and my husband (but roles reversed as I am the planner and DH just shows up)

Day 0 - Fort Lauderdale

We got up early on a Saturday morning to head to the airport (it’s amazing how easy it is to wake our kids up when they are motivated, even at 4:30am in the morning). Flight was smooth and uneventful.

We stayed at Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel on South Federal Highway (formally Comfort Suites). It’s a good alternative to Embassy Suites and Hyatt on 17th street as it’s in the same area but more reasonably priced. After we got our luggage we called for the complementary shuttle. We were waiting maybe 20 minutes, but the driver said that she was there earlier but didn't see us as we were in a different area.

Tip: If your hotel has a shuttle, be sure to specify your terminal. Apparently our airline usually arrives at terminal x but that day it came in at terminal y, so the shuttle was looking for us at the wrong place.

The hotel was good and the staff was nice. Pool is nothing fancy, but nice to have. A staff member even came out and gave my kids a ball to play with when in there which was appreciated. There is a CVS next door and a few fast food restaurants a block away.

Here’s a picture of the room if anyone is interested. I liked the modern look. (Sofa pulls out to a bed).

IMG_0227%20Medium_zpsy6gxamut.jpg

After we settled in and swam in the pool, we walked out the back for a short walk to Harbor Shops. Cute area and we did our essential pre-cruise shopping at Total Wine shop and Publix

IMG_20160409_165947%20Medium_zpsw9ntkdrn.jpg

We had dinner at Duffy's Sports Grill (which didn't seem like anything specially but it was quite good food) and finished the night with frozen yogurt in the area. Then we headed back to our hotel. Tomorrow was an exciting day!

Hotel looks nice and I just checked prices which are very reasonable!

Hotel looks nice and I just checked prices which are very reasonable!

Yes, hotel is decent. It's not as fancy as Embassy or Hyatt, but its in the same area (walking distance to Harbor Shops and near the port), is clean, comfortable, friendly staff, includes airport transportation and breakfast and has a pool. Elevators are a bit slow but you're generally not in a rush when on vacation. As in my post, just be sure to mention your terminal on airport pick up so they know where to pick you up, and go early for breakfast as it fills up. They offer a shuttle service to the port for a small fee, but for us, it was cheaper to take a cab as we are a family of four. I would have no issues booking this hotel again.

LuCruise, where are the Harbor Shops located. We are spending a couple days before and after our cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. Trying to find some different things to do. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 on 17th Street. :cool:

LuCruise, where are the Harbor Shops located. We are spending a couple days before and after our cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. Trying to find some different things to do. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 on 17th Street. :cool:

The Harbor Shops is walking distance to Hyatt Place (the other Hyatt). I did google maps on your hotel and it looks like it's across the water (but a short drive). It's a small outdoor area with stores. There's a huge wine store for picking up wine to bring on the ship (you are allowed 2 regular size bottles), and a Publix and some restaurants. I don't know Fort Lauderdale myself but perhaps post on the Florida board on here so get recommendations for your hotel. It does look lovely being near the water.

Hi great review on this ship is there anyway to see what is inclusive and whatever is not what the price would be to attend?? Thank you

When you have a cruise booked, then you can go to My Cruises and see the costs of different items (e.g. drink packages, each specialty restaurant, internet, character breakfast, FlowRider private lesson, cupcake decorating class, excursions, photo package etc). Keep in mind that this is the based on the currency on which you booked the cruise (e.g. our prices were in CAD). But I'm not sure how to find out before a booking.

There was a good link with the drink package costs and summary but I can't seem to find it (I only see one without prices listed). Maybe someone else has it?

I'm sure if you have a question about the cost for a specific activity you can post it and someone will know.

... There was a good link with the drink package costs and summary but I can't seem to find it (I only see one without prices listed). Maybe someone else has it?....

Here you go:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Add 18% to the listed prices for gratuity.

Edited by clarea

That's the link I was seeing but there are no prices.

Oh wow, they removed the prices! Guess they didn't like people doing real math on their fake 20% off sale!

I'll try to post the previous version with the prices.

Edited by clarea

Oh wow, they removed the prices! Guess they didn't like people doing real math on their fake 20% off sale!

I'll try to post the previous version with the prices.

Ha ha :D

Thanks.

LuCruise, Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation! I have a question. You mentioned in the beginning about the stairs confusion to get to your room. I am not sure I understand the layout as I have only sailed Disney where all the decks you can walk from front to aft on the same deck. Can you explain the Allure setup more? Thank you so much!