Looking at my free amenities

skiwee

I booked a Haven suite when it came with the 4 deals. Looking at my amenity list it shows adult beverage for 2, 250 min internet package, CHOICE SHOREX ( MAX FOUR PORTS), specialty dining for 2, 4 meals each, $25 onboard credit.

What is this CHOICE SHOREX ( MAX FOUR PORTS). I remember something about us getting a free excursion or money toward it but there is no amount listed or what this is for. Also I see nothing about if drink package has the gratuity paid or if we have to pay it. Anyone know? Thanks!

CHOICE SHOREX is a $50 OBC per port that applies only to shore excursions. There aren't many excursions where that would make much of a dent, but if you were going to book excursions anyway, it's a nice discount. The credit is strictly per port, you can't save it up and use it all on one port. (Unless you're sailing to Bermuda where you get $150 since it's just one port for three days.)

Haven and full suite bookings do not pay the service charge for the UBP or SDP.

Edited by ryarger

You can prebook the excursion on the phone (not online) or onboard. Once you complete the excursion, shoreex applies the credit. I.e., you get charged the full price for the excursion and credit is applied once it is complete. The $50 credit per port is per cabin.

If Bermuda is your port.... The SHOREX is a little different because the ship stays there.

You receive a total of $150 but must be used in $50 increments per day for the 3 days.

The limitation of the excursion credit use makes no sense to me because you are in port for 3 days and you can very logically do a morning excursion, come back to the ship and do an evening sunset cruise excursion... another example of NCL's definition of Freestyle is to do excursions on their schedule to use credits you received

It only lists my name for this amenity so I assume its a room one and not per person.

If you have multiple people in a stateroom and are using different credit cards per person, when you check-in... you can break up the excursion credit equally to each credit card.

This is very confusing. We are in the Garden Villa with six of us.

So only one person gets three separate 50 amounts to use on three separate excursions. We cant put the 150 towards a glass bottom boat tour for all six of us?

The division of the perks is really a problem.....it makes no sense.

I'm going with my husband so don't have an issue on it being for the room. Just wondered how it was split. It must be $25 per person per day then? Either way I think we are only doing one big excursion but now wondering if we should do 3, one each day.

Edited by skiwee

This is very confusing. We are in the Garden Villa with six of us.

So only one person gets three separate 50 amounts to use on three separate excursions. We cant put the 150 towards a glass bottom boat tour for all six of us?

The division of the perks is really a problem.....it makes no sense.

Correct.. you cannot use the whole $150 on one excursion

If when you check-in, you each have a separate credit card for shipboard expenses.... you each will have $8.33 to apply to your individual cost of the the glass bottom boat tour. At least NCL allows the division of the perks ... 6 just makes the equal share less but it amounts to the same equal perk per person total for the stateroom

MULTIPLE calls to the Shore Excursion Dept (866.625.1167) and speaking to multiple agents.... all say the same thing ($150 total / $50 per day / No carry over day to day a balance / Cannot use full $150 credit on one excursion / credit can be distributed at check-in). believe me, I would love to use the $150 for a golf round or something similar but not going to happen under the current T&Cs

Edited by esm54687

I'm going with my husband so don't have an issue on it being for the room. Just wondered how it was split. It must be $25 per person per day then? Either way I think we are only doing one big excursion but now wondering if we should do 3, one each day.

It is split ONLY if there are additional credit cards for the stateroom.... the amount is not per person... if you and a girlfriend were travelling together and kept it all on your credit card... and you each decided to take a different excursion on the same day... the $50 would be applied to the stateroom account and not broken out $25 \ $25.

Always a good idea to read the Terms and Conditions of the promos you get when you book. Click on the promo and at the bottom of the promo page you will see the link for the T/C's. They explain everything.

From the T&Cs page:

Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

$50 shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Limit 4 ports. Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

Itineraries visiting less than 4 ports for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.

In the event a port of call is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports.

Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

#4 is killing people when GSC is missed on a regular basis..... immediately devalues the promo

Edited by esm54687

I really do not like these promos. When I booked my suite I got UBP, UDP, Gratuities for suites and OBC.

I do not like ShoreEx or Wifi. Too restrictive. Sometimes I like to stay on board, especially when I have been to a port a bunch of times or I just want to walk around and shop. I am single so if I cruise with a friend or family member keeping track of Wifi minutes is a pain. I like unlimited. And you cannot upgrade.

Ugh.

Edited by DMH15

I like all of the promos. We got all the ones you received plus the wifi and excursions. If we decide not to use that all 3 days it's only $50. Actually I know we are not doing anything but sitting on a beach one day.