Pre-order bottle of wine or buy additional bottles onboard?

We are considering a cruise on LOS this summer. After taking 2 bottles of wine onboard at embarkation, can you then buy additional bottles of wine at any bar? ...Can you pre-order bottles of wine to be delivered to your cabin after embarkation?

We are considering a cruise on LOS this summer. After taking 2 bottles of wine onboard at embarkation, can you then buy additional bottles of wine at any bar? ...Can you pre-order bottles of wine to be delivered to your cabin after embarkation?

Yes and Yes.

I surely do wish RC would come up with some new 'wine packages' like they used to have! We used to get somewhat of a discount on multiple bottles from a specific wine list. I loved that! We'd get a bottle from our package at dinner and take the rest back to the cabin. (And let me now just join in the whine...ahhhh those were the good old days of cruising.:p)

And the latest news here is that there are loyalty discounts on the drink packages...wouldn't it be fantastic if they gave us commensurate discounts on wine by the bottle? Or packages of 3-5-7-10 bottles?

Maybe we should try to unite all the cruising winos (well...okay...the FUNCTIONAL winos...:o) and write letters to the CEO to bring back the wine packages.

With. C&A Loyalty. Discounts.:D

So who's with me?

Judy

I surely do wish RC would come up with some new 'wine packages' like they used to have! We used to get somewhat of a discount on multiple bottles from a specific wine list. I loved that! We'd get a bottle from our package at dinner and take the rest back to the cabin. (And let me now just join in the whine...ahhhh those were the good old days of cruising.:p)...

Most of the ships we have been on in the last year are offering their own wine packages now.

Judy, try going to Vintages on your next cruise. On most of our cruises in the past year or so, Vintages was offering wine packages. And sometimes, Vintages will offer a wine "sale" for the last couple of days of the cruise. We actually got a good bottle of wine for $30. Imagine that!

I can tell you from experience, make friends with the Vintages staff if you like wine. They can offer discounts on multiple bottles and offer advise and samples

Enjoy

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

...thank you, Margee. We will keep that in mind.