I need cove balcony reviews!

93COBRA

I just booked on the Breeze in a cove balcony but just realized it's under the galley. Is this going to be a problem? Please let me know what cabin number you stayed in and how you liked it. Thanks

Might be a noise problem, maybe not. If you were to share your room number, there's a slight possibility that someone who has stayed in that EXACT room might come on here and let you know how that room is for noise. Nearby rooms will not be a good indicator, as it can go from silent to very noisy with just a couple rooms distance.

If you can change to a cove not under the galley, go ahead and do that. If not, bring earplugs, just in case. I had 2294, below the dining room, and it was as perfect as can be. I've been under the dining room 3 times, and it's always perfect. No noise at all the whole night and most of the day. Only a very slight bit of noise, if you listen very closely, during the times when it's being used.

We were in 2276 and 2280 on the Breeze. There aren't any lifeboats above those cabins but they are connecting in case you don't like that. Although, I must say that with both doors closed, we couldn't even hear our kids. These two are just under the very forward part of the dining room. Quiet and a quick trip to the lobby bar.

I ALWAYS check out http://www.cruisedeckplans.com to see if there are noise warnings about a cabin I am considering. I believe that there are warnings about all coves under the galley so you will need to be specific about your cabin number. Personally, I love, love, love the coves but I would move forward of the gallery because we are light sleepers. Hope that helps.

I just booked on the Breeze in a cove balcony but just realized it's under the galley. Is this going to be a problem? Please let me know what cabin number you stayed in and how you liked it. Thanks

If you have a PVP, just give him / her a call and express your concerns about the cabin you've chosen. Your PVP should be able to help you and change your reservation to a different cabin. We had 2268 on the Breeze. It's just below the Excursions Desk area, and had no noise issues from above. We did have some noisy neighbors, but there's no way to predict that.

By any means avoid 2396. We were in the room this past Dec 2015.It was like a never ending(constant) banging, scrapping,dragging.

Oh no! I'm in 2392. Now I'm worried. There are also no other coves to choose. They are all booked. Not sure what to do now.

We booked under the galley on the Magic last year. There were some bumps in the night but nothing that woke anybody up. Cove Balcony is amazing. Always the first cabins we look for now. I wish we could do the Cove on the Breeze in Sept but there are 5 of us... so that was out. We were in 2415... so just the opposite of the ship and same location. I wouldn't worry about at all.

Edited by BrotherCraig

Under the galley, change it ASAP.

If you read Mitsugirly's review, on the front page right now, she also had a cove under the galley.

She was NOT happy with the cabin. Woke her up early every morning.

Banging, dragging, scraping noises.......

Not sure which one she was in, but if you go into her review, she does say.

She was in 2441

Good luck.......

Edited by KPfromCT

Just off the Magic on Sunday for her final sailing out of Galveston and my brother and sister in law stayed in a Cove Balcony (which he absolutely loves). They were in cabin 2341 (mid-ship) and he said they had no problems with noise, unlike their last time on the Magic when they were below the galley and could hear all kinds of noise.

I was in cabin 2441 this past August on Breeze and the cabin location was right under the galley, which resulted in the metallic clanging and banging noises of pots being dropped or dragged across the floor it sounded like.

It was super noisy and virtually impossible to get a good nights sleep.

In addition, during our cruise, there was an awful smell of raw sewage that came and went ( but mainly stayed) localized directly in our balcony area.

We picked the cabin location at the time of our last minute booking as it was the last balcony left... we could have gone with an interior room, but picked 2441.

The all night noise was present all week and we tried to use ear plugs at night to drown some of the loud annoying, metallic clanging pot noises. The sewage smell was nauseating and prevented us from going out on the balcony or having the balcony door open at all.

Based on our experience in 2441, we would never book another Cove balcony in the future, as we did not experience any issues like the noise or odor in when we stayed on higher balcony floors (Lido) on previous Breeze cruises.

I love the Breeze, it is a great ship and lots of fun. I would sail her again in a heartbeat as long as I was on a higher floor.

Edited by CocoCandy

I would never get a cove balcony because I don't want to be that low on the ship and I don't want metal all around me giving me an enclosed feeling and not getting all those breezes because of it.

What does this have to do with the OP question?

Ruthlessbob you sometimes amaze me by your questioning me lol....I answered the OP question....told the OP about being more enclosed, metal all around me on the balcony and low on the ship, perhaps you woke up on the wrong side of the bed....it happens. ;)

Ruthlessbob you sometimes amaze me by your questioning me lol....I answered the OP question....told the OP about being more enclosed, metal all around me on the balcony and low on the ship, perhaps you woke up on the wrong side of the bed....it happens. ;)

She knows about a cove. She wants to know if her cabin is going to be noisy from the gally above:eek::eek:

We had 2400, very close to where you are. Loud noise all night. Sounded like someone was bowling with metal bowling balls on a metal floor. My husband and I are both very sound sleepers and it did wake us up at night but after the first few nights we were able to mostly ignore it. I did vow to never book under the galley again, though I LOVED the cove and being that close to the water!