Boston Hotel with shopping

Puffs

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is within walking distance to some shops and dining. Hopefully shops that are boutique type not mall shopping. One night pre cruise with limited budget of about $200 in Oct if that is possible. Thank you!

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is within walking distance to some shops and dining. Hopefully shops that are boutique type not mall shopping. One night pre cruise with limited budget of about $200 in Oct if that is possible. Thank you!

What are your exact dates? How many people? Are you flying in?

Bottom line - $200 is probably way too low a budget, particularly in the fall, which is high season because of all the college activities, possible conventions, and leaf peeping. What exactly are you shopping for?

The only thing I can suggest is the John Jeffries B&B hotel which meets your criteria being located in Beacon Hill, but chances are they are already booked for your date.

Fancy boutiques would be Boylston / Newbury sts, which have plenty of nearby hotels, but they won't be in your price range. One that comes to mind is the Copley hotel, but I'm fairly sure that's $3-400.

A wilder possibility is to go out to someplace in Cambridge like Davis Square - it's much quieter and less touristy, and you might stand a chance of finding something cheaper. But that $200 budget will be hard to work with in Boston, unfortunately.

Maybe also consider an Airbnb too?

Thanks for all the responses. Yes we are 2 people flying in on Oct. 22nd and cruising on Oct. 23rd. I think I will just have to accept what ever is available at this time. I realize that this is a busy weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
Lois,

Looks like high prices that weekend as well. What's your budget?

Hi Carol:)...I was going to start a new thread but since you are always

so kind:D......I am planning to cruise on 10/16.....I could fly up the

day of the cruise but would prefer to get in the day before. I found a Hampton

Inn for 250.00.......

I have been to Boston twice before but not recently.....I do remember

LOVING IT though:D

If I am going to spend that much at a Hampton? If you have a

recommendation for something else? I value your opinion.:)

Hi Carol:)...I was going to start a new thread but since you are always

so kind:D......I am planning to cruise on 10/16.....I could fly up the

day of the cruise but would prefer to get in the day before. I found a Hampton

Inn for 250.00.......

I have been to Boston twice before but not recently.....I do remember

LOVING IT though:D

If I am going to spend that much at a Hampton? If you have a

recommendation for something else? I value your opinion.:)

Hotel gets good reviews, but my first gut reaction to its location was not good. Some reviews mentioned a sketchy location and it's not close to the T. I'd say no to this hotel.

Last minute travel has the Hyatt Boston Harbor for $262 incl tax cancellable up to 3 days before. This hotel is at the airport on the waterfront. You would have access to the airport shuttles to take you to the Silver Line or Blue Line as well as access to the water taxis. Rowes Wharf water taxi offers service to many places on the harbor including Black Falcon Terminal. Call for details.

Hotel gets good reviews, but my first gut reaction to its location was not good. Some reviews mentioned a sketchy location and it's not close to the T. I'd say no to this hotel.

Last minute travel has the Hyatt Boston Harbor for $262 incl tax cancellable up to 3 days before. This hotel is at the airport on the waterfront. You would have access to the airport shuttles to take you to the Silver Line or Blue Line as well as access to the water taxis. Rowes Wharf water taxi offers service to many places on the harbor including Black Falcon Terminal. Call for details.

Thanks.....I see some of the poor reviews........:eek:

As for the Hyatt? They have a Water Taxi to go downtown?....

Thanks Carol, I will call tomorrow.......As always, I appreciate your

help:)

Thanks.....I see some of the poor reviews........:eek:

As for the Hyatt? They have a Water Taxi to go downtown?....

The water taxi pier is at the Hyatt and is serviced by the free Route 66 shuttle bus from the airport terminals. I know of two companies that service the airport - Rowes Wharf Water Transport to Rowes Wharf and Boston Harbor Cruises to Long Wharf just east of Faneuil Hall. You'd have to call to find out how it works.

Hi Carol, thank you again:)...booked through LMT....called them and got

an additional 10.00 off....paid 252.00 total. And booked my airfare too.

Jet Blue has a non stop from here to Boston:D

Hi Carol, thank you again:)...booked through LMT....called them and got

an additional 10.00 off....paid 252.00 total. And booked my airfare too.

Jet Blue has a non stop from here to Boston:D

Sounds like a good deal to me. No cost to get to the hotel from the airport terminal. Hotel to the pier can cost $0-25. Multiple options to go into town. Safe transportation options after dark, if necessary.