Cruise Fully Booked is there waiting list

hockeymom15

I am booked on the Sunshine Journey cruise for Aug 25th - Sept 3rd, 2016. It is myself and mother in one room and my daughter and her boyfriend in another . Now the boyfriends parents would like to come but when I called yesterday for them they told me it was fully booked . The rooms we have booked only hold 2 people each.

Is there a list or something they could go on ? I know people cancel all the time due to different issues . Just wondering if they could go on a list and get called if people do cancel and rooms come available. Is the cruise really booked or do they sometimes unlock rooms closer to cruise ?

I am platinum and have never been on a cruise that is fully booked 4 months before so I am not sure how this works

Rooms often come available when final payment date rolls around (people who placed a deposit but can't or decide not to pay the balance)

I don't believe there are any waiting lists per-se. If you have a PVP, they can check it daily, just as you can, for any rooms opening.

Did you try different cabin types for vacancies also ?

Edited by lizardhowson

Rooms often come available when final payment date rolls around (people who placed a deposit but can't or decide not to pay the balance)

I don't believe there are any waiting lists per-se. If you have a PVP, they can check it daily, just as you can, for any rooms opening.

Did you try different cabin types for vacancies also ?

Yes When I called I asked about any cabin . They told me it was completely booked ? 4 months before I find odd but who knows ?

At present, the cruise you mentioned does not show up at Carnival's web site, which means it is fully booked. However, I am certain that cabins will become available. Here's why:

As mentioned above, final payment date often frees up cabins. There are also cancellations for other reasons. Travel agencies often book blocks of cabins and release the ones they are unable to sell back to the cruise line before final payment date.

Just one caveat to this. What you need will be a cabin that only holds 2 persons. If it is one that can hold 3 or 4, Carnival may not sell it to you. However, they might if they think they might not get those extra berths sold.

You are certainly not out of luck, and I am pretty confident that a cabin will show up and you can book it. The price of it, of course will be another story. It could be lower or higher than what you paid for your first two, and could even be a different category in a different part / deck of the ship.

Travel agencies often book blocks of cabins and release the ones they are unable to sell back to the cruise line before final payment date.

I had no idea travel agents could do this. Do you know if they tend to get cabins in the better locations and if they lose any money selling back cabins they could not sell?

I am booked on the Sunshine Journey cruise for Aug 25th - Sept 3rd, 2016. It is myself and mother in one room and my daughter and her boyfriend in another . Now the boyfriends parents would like to come but when I called yesterday for them they told me it was fully booked . The rooms we have booked only hold 2 people each.

Is there a list or something they could go on ? I know people cancel all the time due to different issues . Just wondering if they could go on a list and get called if people do cancel and rooms come available. Is the cruise really booked or do they sometimes unlock rooms closer to cruise ?

I am platinum and have never been on a cruise that is fully booked 4 months before so I am not sure how this works

Are you working with a PVP? If so, they will keep an eye out for any openings and advise you.

We had friends who wanted to cruise with us only 10 days out. Their TA told them the cruise was fully booked. Called my PVP and she confirmed it was but that she would be on the lookout for an opening. Next day, she found them a cabin and booked them IS and before sailing, they got upgraded to a 4J.

You can also keep checking yourself.

With it being 4 months out, I am sure cabins will open up. Good luck!

"I had no idea travel agents could do this. Do you know if they tend to get cabins in the better locations and if they lose any money selling back cabins they could not sell?"

Travel agents have been doing this for years, and will book cabins in many categories. I do not know what the financial arrangement is, or if they can book the "best" cabins. However, this is common practice among the big cruise agencies.

Edited by loubetti

Well, that's the risk of waiting until the last minute to book a cruise.

5 months out is hardly last minute for a regular cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you would be willing to share a cabin (or your daughter and her boyfriend are), you may also want to ask they can check for rooms for 4 that are not at capacity and make a switch.

There is a possibility that when few cabins were left, that cabins for 4 were filled by only 2 people.

We are on this cruise as well, and found it has been booked solid for almost a month now! Even our PVP was surprised!

Basically what others mentioned is good advice, keep checking daily, especially start checking after the final payment date (June 11th I believe for this cruise). Our PVP said sometimes they hold cabins for people who paid most of the fare, but not all of it, up to 2 weeks past the final payment date. So check on a daily basis for the couple of weeks after the final payment date too.

I can imagine the price will not be cheap though. We got in at about $1250 per person (with tips) in a balcony, right before it sold out that price was over $1500 per person.

5 months out is hardly last minute for a regular cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Depends on the cruise and the ship. For a "Journeys" cruise, a theme cruise, or a new ship like the Vista, 5 months out is pretty close to last minute. If it's just a regular Caribbean cruise, then no, 5 months is not last minute.

We are on this cruise as well, and found it has been booked solid for almost a month now! Even our PVP was surprised!

Basically what others mentioned is good advice, keep checking daily, especially start checking after the final payment date (June 11th I believe for this cruise). Our PVP said sometimes they hold cabins for people who paid most of the fare, but not all of it, up to 2 weeks past the final payment date. So check on a daily basis for the couple of weeks after the final payment date too.

I can imagine the price will not be cheap though. We got in at about $1250 per person (with tips) in a balcony, right before it sold out that price was over $1500 per person.

We booked this cruise last August at $1229, not including other fees. This was for a balcony on the Lido deck. I was amazed at how the price kept going up and finally sold out. I agree, more rooms will probably become available closer to final payment. I'm just hoping most of the kids will be back in school. :rolleyes:

I booked this cruise last July and I got one price refund due to the cost going down. Then the price dramatically shot up and now is sold out. I am surprised that it sold out so far ahead of time. I imagined that there was a special group cruise but maybe you guys are right about Journey cruises selling out quickly. I'm so excited about this cruise. I'm packed already.

Have them call Carnival and ask for new bookings. They will take a deposit that is completely refundable and when a cabin becomes available they will be notified and have 24 hrs to respond,

We did this and got a call within hours when my mom wanted to join me last minute on a cruise a few years back.

I'm just hoping most of the kids will be back in school. :rolleyes:

Our kids go back the week after this cruise. I don't know if it is the same everywhere, but we also have group members from Central Jersey and it's the same for their kids. :eek: