Wedding Dress

Trying to help out a friend...she asks if she should carry her wedding dress on with her or give it to the porters? If she carries it on, can she bring it right to her room?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Our daughter had one of her bridesmaids carry her dress, and keep it safe until the stateroom opened. I would not give it to the porters.

No to right to room unless you arrive after 1:00 pm. I would take on board and go to guest relations desk and ask if they can hold it for you til rooms are ready. Since this is a special case they might. Is the ship doing your wedding or is it a destination wedding?? They are more likely to do it for you if you are getting married on ship. It will need to be in a box or a hang up carrier that can be x- rayed like other baggage so you want it protected from a possible dirty machine. Good luck. I would never give to a porter since it is so special.

For our daughters wedding we carried it on.. The risk is just too great something might happen... We went straight to the room (explained we wanted to drop off the wedding gown and they let us) You may or maynot have the same luck but definitely worth a try

And congrats on your upcoming nuptials

I wouldn't even leave it in a room while rooms are still being cleaned. They leave those doors open too often while cleaning.

I'd bring it on myself, I as the bride would carry it, I wouldn't leave it with anyone else at all.