Just heard Uptown grill will be leaving the Breakaway

bjinouno

Just off the BA and in talking with the staff at Uptown it will change over to Margaritaville the end of June. They will block that area off during a sailing and do the changeover and they said there will be a cost for the food. E

That stinks. I am on a July sailing. I love uptown grill. I will not pay extra for margaritaville.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nope, me either :rolleyes:.

I'm not a big burger/salad person while I'm on a cruise, but I will be with people who are. If someone wants a quick burger, where else can they go? I guess O'Sheenans, but I mean more of a "quickserve" environment. Do they still have the BBQs by the pool area? Is it only on "at sea" days?

Just off the BA and in talking with the staff at Uptown it will change over to Margaritaville the end of June. They will block that area off during a sailing and do the changeover and they said there will be a cost for the food. E

So which cruise will have neither option is the question?

I'm not a big burger/salad person while I'm on a cruise, but I will be with people who are. If someone wants a quick burger, where else can they go? I guess O'Sheenans, but I mean more of a "quickserve" environment. Do they still have the BBQs by the pool area? Is it only on "at sea" days?

Sorry to go off topic, but I love your screen name. Jerky boys???

We're on the June 19-26 sailing and I noticed The Breakaway doesn't sail again until July 1st for a nine day cruise. Maybe they'll change things during the week they're not sailing? Are they really not sailing for a whole week?

Edited by LazyDays64

Are you saying somebody chartered the ship for the whole week? :confused:

Yes to your question according to this thread.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139553&page=2&highlight=breakaway

We are on the 9 day cruise leaving July 1st.

As much as I hate to see the Uptown Grill go away, I just hope the construction is done before we board.

We sailed inaugural in June, and it was there. Sorry you missed it, it is/was a good place.

Safe sailing

Sorry you didn't sail the inaugural in June (at least not the first sailing), that was at the end of April from Southampton and that was the sailing we were on. I did find a menu from it near the end of our cruise, it didn't actually have nice enough weather to be open until the second to last day of our sailing. Prior days it wasn't open until weather got nicer. We had a lot missing as the sailing was very rainy. They didn't put out the hotdog cart either until the second to last day.

Guess we didn't miss too much of anything, the menu we have a photo of had sausages, etc, didn't see hamburgers on it (at least not the day we took a picture of). Not overly into try Margaritaville if an extra cost, guess it will depend on what they have. But since already paying for some specialty dinners we may not wish to add more.

Edited by mom2tcdx2

• 1 month later...

Nope, not yet - she just did a 5 days charter to Halifax, NS & return to NYC, doing Caribbean & Bermuda now before resuming regular summer Bermuda 7 days ... haven't heard/read about even faster broadband speed.

CNN's article was out on Friday, but ... http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/travel/cruise-ships-with-the-best-wi-fi/index.html

And uptown grill is free . And suppose to have the best burgers . I just hope I get a chance to try it first before they switch it out :eek:

If they switch the restaurant out it should at the least be a free one that they put back in :confused:

The Burgers in osheeans were better IMHO...and didnt take 40 minutes to get...

It dosent surprise me that they are replacing the Uptown (free) with what sounds like a (pay) restaurant.

Add that to the shrinking list of free alternatives...