L shaped balconies on Magic or Breeze

SIENA6334

If you mean the L shaped rooms with the large balcony, check out the youtube video of the Carnival Magic Cabin 7455. My cousin has this one in Dec. of 2017, and we have the reg. balcony next to it. Hoping to open up the divider which will give us 1 lounger, 5 chairs and 2 little tables.

I would really like to get some feedback on these balconies. Does anyone know which is better between the upper and empress deck or just opinions. I find it hard to find good pics of these rooms.

Whenever we can we get the "L-shaped" balcony rooms. We simply like the longer balcony, and the proximity to the lido deck.

A couple of things of note are the crew stairway that the room wraps around, and this particular shaped balcony does not have a sofa. In three cruises in these type rooms we have never been disturbed by noise from the crew stairs, and the sofa has never been more than a "catch all" for our stuff so we don't miss not having one.

We prefer the Empress Deck (or Veranda Deck) because these cabins are sandwiched between decks of cabins. On the Upper Deck you are above the Aft Lounge, and on the Vista Deck you are below the Lido Deck pool and spa area.

If you mean the L shaped rooms with the large balcony, check out the youtube video of the Carnival Magic Cabin 7455. My cousin has this one in Dec. of 2017, and we have the reg. balcony next to it. Hoping to open up the divider which will give us 1 lounger, 5 chairs and 2 little tables.

Hi! I replied to your thread about opening these balconies. I tried to copy to here but it's not working. I hope the info I provided in that thread helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have one booked for December on Breeze - upper level (6499). Only the onces on upper level have two windows and I think we will enjoy getting much more light and view in the room more than being higher up.

I can't wait to stay in this cabin - can't wait to wake up in a bed facing the ocean :)

Edited by DanishJourney

I'm booked in a L shaped cabin on the Breeze later this year , i was able to find a few more photos by searching for all the L shape cabins vs just searching for mine .

I know they only have a few so i would like to think the reason there is so little info on them is because they are a hidden gem that everyone wants to keep secret :)

Whenever we can we get the "L-shaped" balcony rooms. We simply like the longer balcony, and the proximity to the lido deck.

A couple of things of note are the crew stairway that the room wraps around, and this particular shaped balcony does not have a sofa. In three cruises in these type rooms we have never been disturbed by noise from the crew stairs, and the sofa has never been more than a "catch all" for our stuff so we don't miss not having one.

We prefer the Empress Deck (or Veranda Deck) because these cabins are sandwiched between decks of cabins. On the Upper Deck you are above the Aft Lounge, and on the Vista Deck you are below the Lido Deck pool and spa area.

I didn't book this because it didn't have a couch, didn't think about it being a catch all just know that sometimes we use it to sit and eat on but with the larger balcony might not have been an issue.

I'm booked in a L shaped cabin on the Breeze later this year , i was able to find a few more photos by searching for all the L shape cabins vs just searching for mine .

I know they only have a few so i would like to think the reason there is so little info on them is because they are a hidden gem that everyone wants to keep secret :)

I have been able to find all off them on cruise liner rooms com.

Upper level 6468, 6460, 6499 (Breeze) 6493 (Magic)

Empress level 7448, 7455 (Dream)

Verandah level 8463 (Breeze) and 8469 (Dream)

On Empress level on Breeze and Magic the port side L shaped number is 7454 and not 7448 as on the Dream. Don't know why that one has a different room number when all the rest have the same number on all three ships.

I too believe they are a hidden gem, also since the price is the same as a normally balcony room. I initially found out about these rooms when I was about to book the cruise and saw the "larger balcony" description at the same rate. Unfortunately they are no longer in the same category on Vista, so they will be more expensive there.

Edited by DanishJourney

I have been able to find all off them on cruise liner rooms com.

Upper level 6468, 6460, 6499 (Breeze) 6493 (Magic)

Empress level 7448, 7455 (Dream)

Verandah level 8463 (Breeze) and 8469 (Dream)

On Empress level on Breeze and Magic the port side L shaped number is 7454 and not 7448 as on the Dream. Don't know why that one has a different room number when all the rest have the same number on all three ships.

I too believe they are a hidden gem, also since the price is the same as a normally balcony room. I initially found out about these rooms when I was about to book the cruise and saw the "larger balcony" description at the same rate. Unfortunately they are no longer in the same category on Vista, so they will be more expensive there.

We also have booked them on the Conquest (only had a chair and table) and the Sunshine (had smaller couch and table) on Deck 7 both times. Love both rooms, didn't miss couch since we had a lounger and 2 other chairs on balcony to relax on. We booked one on the Magic for this fall on Deck 6 to enjoy the 2 picture window view, not worried about being above the lounge, since we are usually in the comedy club anyway in the evening. I believe the Magic also just has a chair and table, but it's a trade off for the extra long balcony. Also noticed on the Vista the price difference, crazy that they are now charging extra for this type of cabin, just hope they don't change the pricing on the other ships. It is a great room and we really like the location near lido also!

We also have booked them on the Conquest (only had a chair and table) and the Sunshine (had smaller couch and table) on Deck 7 both times. Love both rooms, didn't miss couch since we had a lounger and 2 other chairs on balcony to relax on. We booked one on the Magic for this fall on Deck 6 to enjoy the 2 picture window view, not worried about being above the lounge, since we are usually in the comedy club anyway in the evening. I believe the Magic also just has a chair and table, but it's a trade off for the extra long balcony. Also noticed on the Vista the price difference, crazy that they are now charging extra for this type of cabin, just hope they don't change the pricing on the other ships. It is a great room and we really like the location near lido also!

Please come back and share your opinion about being on deck 6. As I wrote previous I picked deck 6 over 7 and 8 due to the two windows. I'm not worried about noise from below as I'm the kind of person who can sleep anywhere. Also people talk about the privacy on deck 6 being just over the lanai, but since it really narrow down at the end I pretty convinced that it won't be a problem. But all of this is only what I think, so would be great to hear how you experience it :)

Edited by DanishJourney

I'll be on the Dream 8462 in Late August, Didn't realize deck 6 had two windows, but oh well.

I have heard from some that a very few of these rooms do have a couch as well. I'm thinking if Deck 6 has room for 2 windows they may have them, anyone know?

Please come back and share your opinion about being on deck 6. As I wrote previous I picked deck 6 over 7 and 8 due to the two windows. I'm not worried about noise from below as I'm the kind of person who can sleep anywhere. Also people talk about the privacy on deck 6 being just over the lanai, but since it really narrow down at the end I pretty convinced that it won't be a problem. But all of this is only what I think, so would be great to hear how you experience it :)

Well we won't be going until this November, so not sure if it will help you or not. But we were on the Breeze in December and made a point to walk the lanai around the back of the ship and observe the privacy issue underneath that exact cabin location. Since the ships are the same layout you are correct about the smaller width underneath that balcony area, so we felt really good about the location. We booked 6460 (the first L-shaped balcony) the next one 6462 is the one that you have to go through another doorway to get to your cabin. A more private entrance if you desire that. Like I said we really checked out the cabin location inside and outside while on the Breeze to make sure it would be okay with us. Looking forward to that balcony though.:D

Well we won't be going until this November, so not sure if it will help you or not. But we were on the Breeze in December and made a point to walk the lanai around the back of the ship and observe the privacy issue underneath that exact cabin location. Since the ships are the same layout you are correct about the smaller width underneath that balcony area, so we felt really good about the location. We booked 6460 (the first L-shaped balcony) the next one 6462 is the one that you have to go through another doorway to get to your cabin. A more private entrance if you desire that. Like I said we really checked out the cabin location inside and outside while on the Breeze to make sure it would be okay with us. Looking forward to that balcony though.:D

It will help ;) We are going in December. Will be in 6499, so that's the one sharing the private corridor with the wrap around cabin.

Can't wait for this cruise og that balcony :D

I'll be on the Dream 8462 in Late August, Didn't realize deck 6 had two windows, but oh well.

I have heard from some that a very few of these rooms do have a couch as well. I'm thinking if Deck 6 has room for 2 windows they may have them, anyone know?

I've done a lot of research on these rooms and as far as I understand none of them has a couch which is a deal breaker for many.

You can always look up the specific cabin here:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3163

The only different that I know of is the two windows on deck 6 and then I've read somewhere that not all L-shaped cabins have the bed facing the ocean which I personally think is a great feature. But I haven't been able to find any pictures to back it up.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/catgallery.php?ship=Carnival Dream&cat=Balcony Based on the pictures posted here there is not a couch. Sorry. That's why we do not book the L shaped rooms. We do use our couch.

Can verify that the Sunshine does have the couch in the L-shaped rooms, we have stayed in one on Deck 7. But that is the only ship that I have seen a couch in.

We haven't done them on Breeze or Magic, but have on Victory, Sunshine and Conquest. They are our favorite rooms and concur that the Victory and Sunshine have a loveseat (its not the full couch of a "standard" carnival balcony) but it is perfect for two. Conquest did not, and that was disappointing, but not a deal breaker because we were in the Caribbean and outside was where we wanted to be. However, I am confident on our NY cruise in October, the couch on the Sunshine will be used for movie watching, because it will be too cold to be hanging out on the balcony.

So for me, before choosing an L shaped, I would look at which ship and where I was cruising. Leaving out of a cold water in anything but summer, or even a winter cruise in say the Bahamas would cause me to factor in the presence or absence of a couch. We cruise to relax, and have private downtime. And while we often walk the Lido, or sit in the bars for a drink, we love being able to escape to our room. watch a movie, and watch the waves go by.

For the Magic, we chose a Cove - not only for the lower cost but to try something new. I think we will like these as much as the L shaped but for different reasons.

Can verify that the Sunshine does have the couch in the L-shaped rooms, we have stayed in one on Deck 7. But that is the only ship that I have seen a couch in.

Oops sorry, I've only done my research on the Dream class which of course is important to mention :)

Oops sorry, I've only done my research on the Dream class which of course is important to mention :)

Oh that's fine, I just know some really do use the couch and it's important for them. We personally don't use it that much, mainly just use it to sit beach bags, towels and such on. Actually on our last cruise we just used the chair and floor instead. The only thing we do really like to have is the inside table for room service orders which most all do have regardless of the ship. I will try to remember to come back and post some pics from our balcony in November to show the view from Deck 6. :D

• 3 weeks later...

You can check here to find out if a divider can be opened between any two cabins. Open the link and go to the 'knowledge' section.

https://www.goccl.com/en/Resource%20Center.aspx