Drinks aboard Celebrity Reflection

ommthree

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions about drinks. We're sailing from Rome on the Celebrity Reflection in May and travelling in a Celebrity Suite. Forgive the snobbish tone of my questions; I can't help myself.

I'm an Englishman and drink a lot of tea, while my wife (inexcusably) drinks a lot of herbal and fruit teas. Can we get tea served in the suite? If so, do they serve a good range of a good brand (not Lipton or something) or can we get hot water (actually hot) and bring our own teabags? Any extra charges to be aware of?

Second thing is booze. I like real ale and proper single malt scotches (especially Islay malts). is there a decent range thereof, and will they serve it to our suite? ny extra charges to be aware of? I can't be doing with ghastly bourbons and blended scotches. We do have the premium beverage package.

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is quite a large selection of teas at Cafe al Bacio, including herbal teas. Lovely pastries too. The teas and coffees and pastries are included in the drink packages.

As far as drinks, it depends on the package you get. The premium package had the higher quality alcohols, up to $13 US dollars per drink. Anything above $13 is extra.

If you go to http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab

and click on the underlined Premium Package in the Premium Package description a PDF pop up will give you a list of the brands of alcohols included in the package.

Edited by pete_coach

Thanks to you both!

We do have the premium drinks package. Looks like there are a couple of whiskes I'd enjoy there. No beers that I'd drink though unfortunately.

Thanks to you both!

We do have the premium drinks package. Looks like there are a couple of whiskes I'd enjoy there. No beers that I'd drink though unfortunately.

The premium pkg does not include the mini-fridge contents (unless special rule for upper level suites).

Be sure to confirm the mini-fridge rules when meeting your room butler.

As far as 'hot' tea water - Cafe Al Bacio (like a Starbucks) will be hottest when in ordering in person. Room service delivery will degrade the water temp.

Thanks greydog, that was my fear. I usually go through a cup an hour so I wish I could just have a kettle really

l am currently on the eclipse which is on its way to Southampton, traveling with a couple who life in York. We each brought our own bags of Taylor's Yorkshire tea. They are traveling in an aqua cabin and were provided by their cabin steward with an electric kettle to make their tea in their cabin. Must likely if you ask your butler a kettle will be provided for your use as well. If you prefer a certain brand of tea you would probably be best served by bringing a sufficient quantity with you when you board the ship.

John

I'm a tea drinker!

We did our first X cruise on silhouette last year.

We took our own tea bags ( to be safe!) and a travel kettle.

We tried several ways to have tea:

Room service ( found the water was tepid and we didn't automatically get milk!)

boiling our own in the room..the water seemed to 'taste funny' ( we used bottled water )

self service tea in the self-service restaurant. We needed to put two bags in a cup, but tasted ok.

Morning cuppa from the library ( self service machine). At 6.30am I was still half asleep so it tasted ok lol!

Sorry, nothing was quite as good as a brew-up at home. In the end we often drank decaf coffee instead.

Oh dear.... starting to worry now. What with no tea and no proper beer, perhaps I'd be better off at home. You'd think there'd be enough Brits that go on these sailings that they would provide for us!

They can't bring what they don't have. Looks like you won't be a good fit for celebrity. I'd cancel

Yes.... you're probably right.

Either that or I'll go along and make an enormous fuss and do a stinking review. Not sure which way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on the Reflection for a Caribbean cruise several weeks ago. I asked our butler for a tea kettle but was told that they didn't have them on the Reflection. If you have access to Michael's Club (for suite guests) you can get hot water and tea bags there all day. Both Michael's Club and Cafe al Bacio have Tea Forte bags. They had quite a nice selection of tea types including black teas, a black decaf tea, chai tea, green tea and various herbal teas. The dining rooms and the Cafe serve "Fields and Select" tea which is very weak. I always bring my own tea bags just in case I can't get good tea on the ship.

Oh dear.... starting to worry now. What with no tea and no proper beer, perhaps I'd be better off at home. You'd think there'd be enough Brits that go on these sailings that they would provide for us!

You will find many great beer options on the Reflection. Do you like Fuller' Vintage Ale as an example?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

I have a couple of questions about drinks. We're sailing from Rome on the Celebrity Reflection in May and travelling in a Celebrity Suite. Forgive the snobbish tone of my questions; I can't help myself.

I'm an Englishman and drink a lot of tea, while my wife (inexcusably) drinks a lot of herbal and fruit teas. Can we get tea served in the suite? If so, do they serve a good range of a good brand (not Lipton or something) or can we get hot water (actually hot) and bring our own teabags? Any extra charges to be aware of?

Second thing is booze. I like real ale and proper single malt scotches (especially Islay malts). is there a decent range thereof, and will they serve it to our suite? ny extra charges to be aware of? I can't be doing with ghastly bourbons and blended scotches. We do have the premium beverage package.

Thanks a lot!

Best you'll do in the islays is the laphroaig 10. They're very much a Highland/Speyside boat. That being said, I believe The Macallan 18 is included in the premium package.

Edited by psusra112