What do the 5,000+ and 10,000+ designations mean?

If you mean the number by a member's screen name, that is the number of posts they have written on these boards, and it means, well, nothing more than the number of posts they have written on these boards! :D

Here is a current thread about this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2334167 <--click here

The designations sound impressive. We have 500 days and think that is a lot. As we say in duplicate bridge, Please Explain.

Nothing so exciting. It means we have plenty of time on our hands to give free advice and have either more than 5,000 or 10,000 posts on this internet chat board:):D Your 500+ days at sea are far more impressive:)

If you mean the number by a member's screen name, that is the number of posts they have written on these boards, and it means, well, nothing more than the number of posts they have written on these boards! :D

Here is a current thread about this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2334167 <--click here

Well, it's the number of posts that still exist.

Deleted threads or posts are not part of the number.

Nothing so exciting. It means we have plenty of time on our hands to give free advice and have either more than 5,000 or 10,000 posts on this internet chat board:):D Your 500+ days at sea are far more impressive:)

What a great response!

Some CC members post a lot and have given EXCELLENT cruise information (I won't name names because I might leave someone out, but they know who they are!) Some CC members like to reach higher count designations and their frequent posts might not contain such gems of cruising as others. :)

Any way you look at it, your 500+ days at sea are very, very impressive and we would like to hear about your cruises!

What a great response!

Some CC members post a lot and have given EXCELLENT cruise information (I won't name names because I might leave someone out, but they know who they are!) Some CC members like to reach higher count designations and their frequent posts might not contain such gems of cruising as others. :)

Any way you look at it, your 500+ days at sea are very, very impressive and we would like to hear about your cruises!

Don't want to bore you. Would have to say our recent Antarctic was very special. We were overwhelmed by the raw beauty. HAL had an excellent team of very knowledgable people on board, which added to the enjoyment. I saw a lady with tears in her eyes when we were on the bow. Her comment to me was, "I am so overwhelmed with everything around us." Australia, N/Z, the Norwegian Fijords and the Far East were also on the list. Thanks for asking.

Don't want to bore you. Would have to say our recent Antarctic was very special. We were overwhelmed by the raw beauty. HAL had an excellent team of very knowledgable people on board, which added to the enjoyment. I saw a lady with tears in her eyes when we were on the bow. Her comment to me was, "I am so overwhelmed with everything around us." Australia, N/Z, the Norwegian Fijords and the Far East were also on the list. Thanks for asking.

Not bored at all. Do you stay with the same line most of the time? Were there destinations that underwhelmed you? How often do you cruise now? How long were some of your longest cruises?

Please share more of your experiences. My wife and I are fairly new to the wonderful world of cruising and value the knowledge of veteran cruisers. Do you have a preferred cruise line? Do you have a particular itinerary or place that you never tire of visiting over and over again?

Edited by JimAOk1945

Please share more of your experiences. My wife and I are fairly new to the wonderful world of cruising and value the knowledge of veteran cruisers. Do you have a preferred cruise line? Do you have a particular itinerary or place that you never tire of visiting over and over again?

We have learned to stick with one cruise line in order to accumulate the perks offered. With Holland America we are their 5 star status, which gives us laundry, 1/2 price wine packages, some Internet, Pinnacle Grill, a day at the Spa, etc. on Princess, we get less, because we haven't reached their top level, but still nice. Also, take advantage of the shareholder's cruise credit on all ships owned by Carnival. That really pays off. I believe Royal Caribbean has a similar deal. Another perk to take advantage of is calling the cruise line to see what their special airline fare is. Very often it is a lot less than we can get online. We also try to book most excursions beforehand thru roll call on CC. Besides saving $$$, we often make new friends before boarding. Happy sailing.