Hotel walking distance to restaurants

Emptynesternow

I agree LC

but in this case I believe OP means the Rocky Point area of Tampa

the entire RP area is less than a mile across on the long axis ....

again I'll mention that Google Earth is your friend as I'm answering with what I see on Earth ...

I see several places on RP .... but none are what I'd call inexpensive .... I see Chart House, Rusty Pelican and Bahama Breeze .... all chains that are a bit more $ (and listed in order with CH the most $ at the top)

I agree LC... but in this case I believe OP means the Rocky Point area of Tampa... again I'll mention that Google Earth is your friend as I'm answering with what I see on Earth...

I wondered if it was Tampa but then, it wasn't spelled correctly. Anyway. :)

I so agree with you about Google Earth! It is one of the very best, under-rated resources around! We use it for months before every vacation; we check out our intended hotel(s), restaurants, beaches, shopping, where the pier is in each port of call and how far it is to our intended destination.... just tops. Street view has absolutely saved us a few times - I always relax a little when DH says, "I saw that on Google Earth! We're going the right way.". :D:D:D

My daughter and I are not renting a car for one night...I've seen good reviews on hotels at Rocky Pointe...are any of them in safe walking distance to restaurants? Thanks!:)

It depends on what hotel you are staying at on Rocky Point. There are 2 sides to RP both devided by a pretty busy 6 lane hwy. If your hotel is on one side you can technically walk to the other side to dine at a particular restaurant but personally, I wouldn't want to deal with crossing that busy hwy. Most hotels on RP will have restaurant within walking distance so you won't have to worry about this.

The Holiday Inn, Hampton and Chase Suites are located directly next door to the Bahama Breeze restaurant. These 3 hotels have good cruise pkgs.

The Bay Harbor Hotel has it's own restaurant on site but is also next to the Chart House, Rusty Pelican and a few others.

The Westin has it's own restaurant but is within walking distance of Bahama Breeze. Sailport is close to the Chart House, Rusty Pelican and Bay Harbor Hotel Beach Bar & Restaurant.

I'm pretty sure that the Doubletree has it's own restaurant.

Rocky Point is a nice area....if you stay here, you will not be disappointed. 👍

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr