Pre-cruise booking of specialty restaurant - will Mariner discount apply?

dcsam

In trying to avoid the first night, main dining room crowds/rush, I'm thinking of pre-booking dinner at the Italian restaurant. We've never eaten there. First of all, will the 3 star, Mariner discount apply to dining reservations made before the cruise? Second, what's your favorite item in the Italian restaurant? Thanks in advance

You will be charged the full price at booking time and receive the 25% as a credit on board.

I haven't been to a Canaletto since they started the current "family style" menu, and can't say anything about it.

Edited by jtl513

In trying to avoid the first night, main dining room crowds/rush, I'm thinking of pre-booking dinner at the Italian restaurant. We've never eaten there. First of all, will the 3 star, Mariner discount apply to dining reservations made before the cruise? Second, what's your favorite item in the Italian restaurant? Thanks in advance

They discount for the Pinacle appeared when I looked at the bill on board. I had paid full price earlier.

Please take with you on the cruise your invoice for the payment of this specialty dining.

It helps in getting the discount credited back to you on board, as sometimes the ships don't see too clearly what is owed to Mariners in this respect!

Have enjoyed any fish and all the desserts!

Your discount will show up on your shipboard account as a "Loyalty" discount.

So make certain that you take a copy of your e-mail confirmation.

And check your shipboard account either day 2 or 3.

We have had problem on 2 of our last 3 cruises getting all the credits we were due.

We enjoyed the Canaletto the first night of our cruise a few weeks ago. It was quiet and the service was wonderful. Our reservation was for 6 pm and we had a window seat, so our view was gorgeous. We loved the braised ribs and gnocchi, and the chicken cacciatore was really good.

Excellent way to start your cruise, enjoy!

We've made it our little tradition to go to Canalletto the first night of our cruise. We book on line at full price and we've always gotten our loyalty discount credited back to us on board. We always check our bill to make sure.

We really enjoy Canalletto and especially the lasagna which was back on the menu if you asked for it. This was true on our 28 day Volendam cruise this past February and our 14 day Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in March. We usually are on the smaller ships and found out that the larger ships had an expanded menu. We tried the ravioli in a pesto sauce which was new to us and delicious. The polpetini (meatballs) appetizer was also excellent. On long cruises we often go to Canalletto several times.

We've normally just made our reservations on board the ship, but found it increasingly hard to get an early dining time. So I pre-booked us for our upcoming K-dam cruise in a couple weeks so that detail is behind us. I'll let you know how it works.

... First of all, will the 3 star, Mariner discount apply to dining reservations made before the cruise? Second, what's your favorite item in the Italian restaurant? ...

In response to your questions above:

1. Yes, but be sure to take your e-mail confirmation with you to insure that you receive the proper discount.

2. My favorites are: Zuppa Di Pesce and Rigatoni.

Enjoy your cruise and smooth sailing!

Edited by avian777