qsine on the summit, party of 2, worth it?

mk761

We've always dined in Qsine as a couple. The first time was on Halloween night on the Millie. Great fun! As others have said, be selective and ask them to tailor the portions for two. Lava crab is our favorite, but we also like the painter's filet, spring rolls, and Chinese X martini. We did make the mistake ordering the Persian kebob and it was enough food for six. I'm not sure they knew how to make that one smaller!

My only complaint is that we always leave too full, even while pacing ourselves. Enjoy Qsine!

Same here. We love all the restaurants on Celebrity but we "didn't get it" with Qsine.

With so many people raving about going in a group, we will probably try it again but this time with a group from Cruise Critic.

Here is a very similar thread.

Btw I'm glad we were not the only ones who "didn't get it".

Qsine is actually the only specialty restaurant I've tried on Celebrity. I've been there twice - once with a group of 12 (from our roll call) and just this spring with 7 (people I was traveling with). Both times were a hoot. Food is fun and creative, and very easy to do with a group Appetizer dinners are my favorite way of eating, anyway :)

I usually travel by myself, and have actually thought of going by myself. If I could get them to bring one of each item, I really might do it some time.

As someone else mentioned, most tables are for 2, so it's definitely done quite a bit.

We spent our 25th anniversary at Qsine, and LOVED it! I'm gluten free, and the Maitre D was GREAT. His son is also gf, so he understood my needs and told me what was and wasn't safe for me to eat, even taking into account preparation. The best of the best for me were Qsine greens (salad, who knew it could be so good), Painter's filet, the lamb from M's Favorites. I had one kebab I liked and one I was less impressed with - maybe the Persian? It didn't have the bold flavor of the other dishes I had tried. I think that is what I most appreciated was that the chefs for Qsine weren't afraid of each dish making a statement.

We liked it much better than Normandy, where they forgot 2 courses and treated us like we were an imposition. And, I'm still waiting for the coffee I ordered for dessert. The food there was good, but I was not impressed with my waiter at all.

My adult daughter and I were on the Summit the first week in April. We loved Qsine and went twice during the week. The first night we ordered six items to share not knowing that dessert was included. The 2nd time we only ordered five, but two repeats - escargot and bistro shrimp. We highly recommend the experience. Even if you were a party of one, it would be great!

If you are fortunate enough to have Surendhar as your server, your evening will be perfect.

Edited by PinkMEB

We have tried Qsine twice, both times with Roll Calls groups. We loved the variety of taste experiences, and the camaraderie! We ended up with far too many "favorites" to go just as a couple!

It is more fun with more than two because with a group you can order the whole menu.

We did QSine on Reflection this year. We quite enjoyed it eating 6 of our 7 choices. As we ate, the waiter returned to see how we were progressing and if we would make it thru all. We dropped one so we could have dessert.