Crown still in San Francisco

rtlk

When I pulled up the bridge cam earlier today Crown was still at the San Fran berth. Marine tracker now shows it outside the Golden Gate. Typically on the Coastal cruises today should be a sea day after Crown was scheduled to depart last night at 11PM, then Santa Barbara on Wednesday. Don't understand why she left this AM instead? Problems?:confused:

Edited by rtlk

We have some family on this cruise and they said that they were overnighting in San Francisco with a scheduled departure of 7am this morning due to unusually high winds.

It was very windy here yesterday ... this morning, all is calm, though!

That makes sense. Northern California had extreme winds yesterday. We had gusts over 40 mph here in Chico.

Did a bike ride in Chico Sunday, started to get a bit breezy, but nothing like the winds we had in Nor Cal yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the Crown now. Very rocky on Sunday night on the way in to San Francisco. Big bump in the middle of the night that did awaken the majority of the passengers. Captain Lawes thought that it best to stay overnight in San Francisco because of the sea conditions. We left about 7:30 this am. Hopefully it will not be too rough to tender in Santa Barbara.

Any questions I would be happy to answer them.

On the Crown now. Very rocky on Sunday night on the way in to San Francisco. Big bump in the middle of the night that did awaken the majority of the passengers. Captain Lawes thought that it best to stay overnight in San Francisco because of the sea conditions. We left about 7:30 this am. Hopefully it will not be too rough to tender in Santa Barbara.

Any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks for the update & sailing the Crown last week on the same itinerary we got lucky & rarely felt any motion. If I understood Capt. Lawes correctly he was scheduled to depart the ship in SF.

Arrived on Star into San Fran yesterday afternoon,... 2 hours late.... heavy swells all night long... Captain said 20-25 foot swells, with a 50 knot wind. The whole ship was shuddering and shaking all night long. We are overnighting, as per our itinerary, but the Captain did tell us all that the Crown would overnight as well, due to the bad weather.

It is sunny and warm now in San Fran. We sail out tonight.

Having a fabulous time onboard. We are heading back to Vancouver.

The captain knows what he's doing. We were on the Caribbean Princess during Hurricane Sandy. We were safer on the ship (sat in Boston Harbor instead of sailing to Bermuda) than we would have been at home in NY.

Anyone know where Captain Lawes is going when he leaves the Crowne?

As I recall from last week he said that he was going home yesterday from SF. He was also on the Crown last October so maybe he'll return to the Crown.

Please put the date in your subject line - that way, if (when!) someone digs this post up in a year or more, passengers soon sailing on the ship don't panic. (The "thread started" date isn't visible until you go into the thread, only the last post date.)