Beverage and Internet pricing WRONG online! Beware

Often times when using a discount in the real world they want you to tip off the undiscounted price so I'm surprised they don't figure the service charge at 18% of original cost and add that to the discounted beverage package cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked the premium package last night for $388.22 at $47 per day plus grats. I have the old pricing sheet from our last cruise. It was actually $10 per day off last cruises pricing saving a total of $80 with gratuities. So about a savings of 19%. I have not seen lower pricing so feel we did okay. We can always cancel up to 3 days before we sail if I change my mind.

$322 of course would have have better but I think that's the price without the grats added to it. So an IT mistake. And yes they should honor the lower price for those who booked it before the mistake was fixed. It did not show up on our cruise that way that day or I would have taken advantage of it too.

Edited by cruiselvr04

I'm on the June 26, 2016 Allure sailing as well. Just checked my order history and still have the Premium package bought and paid for at the $37.60/day price. I will be highly upset if they cancel that just to try to charge me more for the same thing.

We booked the premium package last night for $388.22 at $47 per day plus grats. I have the old pricing sheet from our last cruise. It was actually $10 per day off last cruises pricing saving a total of $80 with gratuities. So about a savings of 19%. I have not seen lower pricing so feel we did okay. We can always cancel up to 3 days before we sail if I change my mind.

$322 of course would have have better but I think that's the price without the grats added to it. So an IT mistake. And yes they should honor the lower price for those who booked it before the mistake was fixed. It did not show up on our cruise that way that day or I would have taken advantage of it too.

Nope, actually $310.00 was what the supervisor said was originally correct including grats.

Don't know how it went up to $322.00 then 388.00, but all of those numbers include grats.

I'm on the June 26, 2016 Allure sailing as well. Just checked my order history and still have the Premium package bought and paid for at the $37.60/day price. I will be highly upset if they cancel that just to try to charge me more for the same thing.

I am on 6/26 Allure also. I purchased the Premium package on Friday for $310 total. However, I have not been able to purchase the 2 device Surf package bc of an error in the cart $16.99 x 7 days = $173.53 (I don't think so). Multiple calls later, I gave up & purchased the 3 device, which calculated properly-ish $161.56.

I am on 6/26 Allure also. I purchased the Premium package on Friday for $310 total. However, I have not been able to purchase the 2 device Surf package bc of an error in the cart $16.99 x 7 days = $173.53 (I don't think so). Multiple calls later, I gave up & purchased the 3 device, which calculated properly-ish $161.56.

That's what happened to me. I had the Select package in my card for DH and when I went to add the Premium it said price change and the total came out to about $685.00. That's when I called.

The right hand still has no idea what the left hand is doing over at RC.:rolleyes:

Hmm, is there tax on the internet packages? I bought the 2 device package on Friday ($16.99 per day) and it came to $145.53. I am on a 7 night cruise. Playing around with the site, I noticed the 1 device only comes to $63.63, which is too low. Similar issue with the 3 device. Comes out to $161.56.

Hmm, is there tax on the internet packages? I bought the 2 device package on Friday ($16.99 per day) and it came to $145.53. I am on a 7 night cruise. Playing around with the site, I noticed the 1 device only comes to $63.63, which is too low. Similar issue with the 3 device. Comes out to $161.56.

There should be no tax, unless you are sailing from one of the European ports that charges VAT tax.

I had written to RCCL about the math not making sense between their brochure on the dining plan and the 20% offer and this is the response I received

"Beverage package rates can change by sailing due to demand and that may be what is triggering any discrepancy"

Then I called a number I found for a help desk and they said that the select, premium and ultimate increased by $5 per day of the cruise

Not sure if any of this helps figure out anything but wanted to share what was explained to me today

Edited by jonj