Escape Spa question

Alaska Lily

After reading a recent review of a week on the Escape, I'm thinking I may need a quiet place to hide for a bit. We are getting on the ship at 2:00 pm so apparently Vibe passes won't be available. I would appreciate opinions on the Thermal Suite Pass and it's value. While I know I'd enjoy a spa treatment or two I'm not sure if this "pass" is worth the extra expense.

We're very appreciative of all the opinions/advice everyone offers on this site. I don't find the information ncl provides on the website very detailed. And...of course I can count on CC members to give me the real info! :)

We had a Spa Suite on the Getaway & I totally loved it. I love to sit & watch the ocean float by, but am not a fan of the noise & fighting for a chair on the main deck, so sitting in there was nice. I enjoyed the salt room, sauna & all the other areas to just hang out. That & the upper sun deck of the Haven save me when I needed to decompress and I am currently having the debate with myself to get a Spa pass for our cruise in a 11 days on the Escape, but we are doing Haven again so I am hoping that will keep me happy. Hubby wanted to do a Haven suite in the Haven area so I gave up my Spa Suite for him to get to be where he wanted so good reason to sacrifice, but hoping to get a Spa Suite again the future..

The thermal suite on the Escape is GREAT! If you are looking for that quite getaway, the thermal suite is the place. They did a good job in putting in a lot of loungers and heated rock chairs (more than any other NCL megaship). We always book thermal suite passes, and the spa on the Escape is not to be missed. We enjoyed the Escape in October and will be sailing on her again in a few weeks,,,, with thermal suite passes in hand.

The thermal suite on the Escape is GREAT! If you are looking for that quite getaway, the thermal suite is the place. They did a good job in putting in a lot of loungers and heated rock chairs (more than any other NCL megaship). We always book thermal suite passes, and the spa on the Escape is not to be missed. We enjoyed the Escape in October and will be sailing on her again in a few weeks,,,, with thermal suite passes in hand.

Can you get a cocktail in the spa?

I would think that alcohol in the spa, especially the steam and sauna, would be a bit counter intuitive. I would think, as some have posted here, that the sauna and such would be a nice way to sweat out the indulgence from the night before!

Well, since wel sail in two days in the Haven Spa Suite... I will test that hypothesis (a few times) and will let everyone know. ;)

Edited by K_19

Wow that is terrible any spa on land when you book a massage you get to use the facilities

You're only paying $195 for a hot stone massage, $199 for a bamboo massage or $259 for a seaweed massage. A regular Swedish massage only costs $165. Can't expect free run of the thermal suites for that. :D

We were on the Spirit last week and got a full body stone massage and facial.

Edited by BirdTravels