Why do ships stop in Cozumel?

Sat1

So many lines stop here, why? Is the fuel and, or supplies, cheaper? Or "just" another port stop?

Cozumel is the largest cruise ship port in the Western Caribbean. They have dock space for 7 ships. Come to think of it, that might be the most accommodating cruise ship port in the entire Caribbean.

Another huge Coz fan here! We have been numerous times and have only made a dent in the things we want to do and see there. Great beaches, good shopping, excellent diving/snorkeling, lots of options for great, authentic Mexican cuisine and very friendly locals. What's not to love?

YES: just another port stop .....

I don't understand your question ......

When I was a "boss" I had a "standing order": you can come to me to complain about ANYTHING, so long as you have one reasonable solution in hand . . . .

!

Gee, didn't mean to stir y'all up!. Did I say I didn't like it?

My first trip, I visited El Mercado in San Miguel no visible signs of tourist there, last year, my daughter, and I visited the main square in San Miguel, this last trip, my daughter and I visited Panchito's.

Thanks for the input regarding no fuel or supplies, wasn't aware of this. By the way, I'm 87,use a walker, and was a solo cruiser on my first visit. :-)

Belize is wonderful if you get out of Belize City.

Actually the excursion I was on, after skirting Belize City, went to a/the aloe vera factory, then to the country's sole brewery. We had the tasting room to ourselves, about ten of us, and we had unlimited tasting of all their varieties. Their "tastes" were full Pilsner glasses. Me, I had just a couple inches of the different beers. They also served chips & salsa. Their chips and salsa was different than that I found in my various Mexican ports; still tasty, but different.

I'm not a huge Cozumel fan either. That being said, I am going on a cruise that goes there in October. I never really feel very safe there and I don't like the shops, etc right by the port. For that reason, I usually do an excursion like fishing or something that gets me out in the water. The bottom fishing was fun and I think I might try deep sea fishing next time.

Thanks for coming back and saying that. I was wondering where these people were getting the idea you were complaining about Cozumel. :confused: I certainly didn't read it that way.

I loved Cozumel when we were there last year. Best part was being able to take a ferry over to mainland Mexico. We have another Western Caribbean cruise scheduled for next year that only has one repeat stop and it's Cozumel. I'm actually very happy about that. I can't wait to go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've done the Mayan ruins while in Cozumel...take the water taxi to the the mainland....Also the bottom fishing is a fun thing to do....I'm doing the deep sea in Jan, 2016....Lots of shopping if you like that too.....

Bob E

Cozumel is wonderful so wonderful that often passengers will just decide to stay and not come back to the ship. The Captain gets to announce the winners of the "please contact customer service" contest just before we leave each time. The lowest number we have had is 4 the highest is 8 winners. The trouble is most have to wait until we return to home port to claim their prize.;)

Actually the snorkeling and diving is tremendous . The locals are very friendly and the people watching by late afternoon is the best.

Al

My first trip, I visited El Mercado in San Miguel no visible signs of tourist there, last year, my daughter, and I visited the main square in San Miguel, this last trip, my daughter and I visited Panchito's.

Thanks for the input regarding no fuel or supplies, wasn't aware of this. By the way, I'm 87,use a walker, and was a solo cruiser on my first visit. :-)

I'm glad you are still able to enjoy cruising. Happy sailing in the future.