Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

Hello, Great review & thanks for sharing this info, getting excited for our May 28 sailing. Can you tell me if there are house phones ( I am guessing each room has a phone) , but can you call from a Ship/"house" phone to your room phone and possibly leave a messages.

I believe so, yes. We never did it on Anthem but have done it on previous Royal ships.

Disco dancing with music through headphones. There are two different songs playing, and each person can choose the track they listen to. Funny to see people dancing (and singing) to different songs.

It sounds silly, I know. We met a few friends on the ship who had never been before, and they rolled their eyes at the idea of a silent party. We met up with them there later and they were having an absolute BLAST! In my opinion this is one of the can't-miss events on the ship.

CapitalKyle - I'm sorry to inform you but you are my new absolute best friend :D Thank you so much for doing this. We sail for Bermuda on the Anthem on 6/25. I now new have stuff to obsess over!

Haha yesssss! :D Love new friends. Cruising: bringing people together, right?!

Kyle, you're the man! Two more quick questions:

1. Did you use a WOWBand on ship? If so, how was the experience?

2. Do you know if drinks at the Bionic Bar are included in the drink packages if under $12?

Thank you so much! Two quick answers:

1. Yes - we weren't sure about them at first but they really are just as good as the cards. By the end of the sailing we didn't use the cards at all. The only area I can see wanting to use my card is if you're lounging by the pool and relying on a server to bring your drinks. We saw them carrying people's WOW bands with them, but that makes me nervous. What if they have two of the same color? How do they make sure the right people get the right band back? The bands do also have your muster station on them but what if that's the same, too?

2. Yes, drink at Bionic Bar are included in the drink packages if they are under the max $. I'd be in a lot of trouble right now if they weren't! :eek:

Guys - I still have a bunch of pictures from Anthem that I did not post during the trip due to time. I made it a point to snap pictures of all of the artwork around the ship that I found compelling or beautiful, and I'd like to post all of those as well. I may be able to get around to it by Monday but if not, keep yourselves subscribed to notifications for this thread if you want to see them! :D

When you got off the ship in Bermuda did you need your passport? I can't imagine going to the beach and swimming worrying about our passports. Also - was there anything else besides the mug you bought that was on sale the last day?

Hope you had a great time....sure seems like you did.

Thanks again for the review, pics and most of all the compasses. We are about a month away from the same trip and now we can somewhat know what to expect.

Thanks!

...this cruise also pushed me over the threshold to Platinum, so I'm eagerly watching my C&A page on the website waiting for it to update :rolleyes: :p

Congrats on Platinum level! I was wondering if you saw any of the dream works characters strolling around on the ship? Just curious if they are only seen in the dining room.

This blog was amazing from the pictures to all the details and suggestions. I am counting the days to our turn on June 25! You answered questions for me I didn't even know I had!

Rhonda

CapitalKyle - I'm sorry to inform you but you are my new absolute best friend :D Thank you so much for doing this. We sail for Bermuda on the Anthem on 6/25. I now new have stuff to obsess over!

Hi Holly,

We are sailing on June 25th also! I loved this blog!!

So much to look forward to now!

Rhonda

When you got off the ship in Bermuda did you need your passport? I can't imagine going to the beach and swimming worrying about our passports. Also - was there anything else besides the mug you bought that was on sale the last day?

Hi! We did not bring our passports off the ship with us. They say you need to bring your SeaPass and a form of photo ID. I chose to bring my passport card, so that I'd have some form of passport with me, but had I not had the passport card I probably would have brought my drivers license.

They had a t-shirt sale but it was going on most of the cruise.

Congrats on Platinum level! I was wondering if you saw any of the dream works characters strolling around on the ship? Just curious if they are only seen in the dining room.

This blog was amazing from the pictures to all the details and suggestions. I am counting the days to our turn on June 25! You answered questions for me I didn't even know I had!

Rhonda

Thank you so much! Yes, I actually did see the characters around. They were hanging out near the Music Hall and Royal Theater, Deck 4, near the forward elevators. I remember thinking they were there for a long time! I walked by a few hours apart and they were still there.

Love, Love your review, thanks for sharing with us, we sail on 6/25 of this year and can't wait.

Hope you had a great time....sure seems like you did.

Thanks again for the review, pics and most of all the compasses. We are about a month away from the same trip and now we can somewhat know what to expect.

Thanks!

Thank you both :)

Thank you so much! Yes, I actually did see the characters around. They were hanging out near the Music Hall and Royal Theater, Deck 4, near the forward elevators. I remember thinking they were there for a long time! I walked by a few hours apart and they were still there.

Do they not have any of the parades?

Guest maddycat
The characters come out at different times and are ready for pictures😀

The times are listed in the cruise compass.

Thank you!

We were in the process of tying up to the pier at approximately 8:20am, and they have been letting people off the ship for a little bit now. So I'd say 30 minutes to clear the ship, on the conservative side. This being the first time for Anthem here I'm not sure if that has any effect on how long customs took.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can someone verify this time. Was the ship arrival time of 8:20, EST or was it 9:20 Bermuda time? I was just confused as compass states ship arrival time is 9 and gangway open at 9:30? Thanks for any help

Well guys, the internet was TERRIBLE on the train and so after fighting with my work laptop to check emails I had no time to do the compasses. But they're coming now!

First, Coastal Kitchen menu from last night. AMAZING meal, the best we had on the ship. We were also able to invite three non-suite guests to join us without a problem, which I was under the impression wasn't possible going into the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Kyle - Were Spa Junior Suites allowed to use the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast and lunch as well? Also, would you recommend going to Coastal Kitchen for dinner in lieu of the complimentary restaurants? I have all the specialty restaurants reserved as well, but I wasn't sure what would be best for the remaining nights. Seems most are not too impressed with the four dinning rooms.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by GatorWop

Can someone verify this time. Was the ship arrival time of 8:20, EST or was it 9:20 Bermuda time? I was just confused as compass states ship arrival time is 9 and gangway open at 9:30? Thanks for any help

Hi, ship's time moves forward by an hour while en-route to Bermuda, so my comment about the ship being pier-side by 8:20am Bermuda-time would have equated to 7:20am Eastern time. Our compass did say arrival at 9am (Bermuda time) but I guess we were just a bit early.

Edited by CapitalKyle