Best Way to Get to Miami Airport from POM?

CruzerDeb

Uber. Less than $10 and super fast.

Wow, how did you get less than $10??

I love Uber and take it from the Brickell area (so close to the port) to the airport all the time and it always runs me around $16 to $18.

Wow, how did you get less than $10??

I love Uber and take it from the Brickell area (so close to the port) to the airport all the time and it always runs me around $16 to $18.

Select the "Pool" option. You will probably have the car to yourself like I did. $9.15 from POM to MIA.

Edited by firemanbobswife

What would be the best/cheapest way to get from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami? Anyone try Uber?

Best is in a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :D Check with Larry's Limo, Holland Limo and Go Airport.

Cheapest is in a shared shuttle for about $15 per person. Check with QLS, SAS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. The shuttle companies list the hotels they will pick up at, saving you a trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

Taxi from FLL area to POM is about $75-80 on the meter; not bad for 3-4 passengers. Same fare for van/SUV taxis as standard cabs.

Uber, according to reports on this board should be between $40-50, unless surge pricing is in effect.

The ride from the FLL area to POM should take 45-60+ minutes depending upon traffic. The same options apply for your post cruise trip from POM back to FLL.

We've used a taxi several times in Miami from POM to MIA, but last year in Port Canaveral we used Uber and it is the way I intend to get to the port/airport in the foreseeable future!

Best is in a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :D Check with Larry's Limo, Holland Limo and Go Airport.

Cheapest is in a shared shuttle for about $15 per person. Check with QLS, SAS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. The shuttle companies list the hotels they will pick up at, saving you a trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

Taxi from FLL area to POM is about $75-80 on the meter; not bad for 3-4 passengers. Same fare for van/SUV taxis as standard cabs.

Uber, according to reports on this board should be between $40-50, unless surge pricing is in effect.

The ride from the FLL area to POM should take 45-60+ minutes depending upon traffic. The same options apply for your post cruise trip from POM back to FLL.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I definetly will look into the shuttle once I book my flight. Southwest' flight schedules won't go up to mid January until around July! They are basically the only airline offering non-stop flights from Buffalo into Ft Lauderdale. They do not fly into Miami. To catch any other non-stop airline into Miami, Inwould have to drive 2 1/2 hours to Toronto airport.

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I definetly will look into the shuttle once I book my flight. Southwest' flight schedules won't go up to mid January until around July! They are basically the only airline offering non-stop flights from Buffalo into Ft Lauderdale. They do not fly into Miami. To catch any other non-stop airline into Miami, Inwould have to drive 2 1/2 hours to Toronto airport.

January flying from Buffalo I would be sure to plan to arrive into FLL at least one day early - check the shuttle web site to see which of them pick up at your hotel.

Be aware of TSA back ups at Miami airport. We are TSA pre-check and the line was horrendous. Regular. Lines even longer. Took us almost an hour to get through. Allow plenty of time!

Be aware of TSA back ups at Miami airport. We are TSA pre-check and the line was horrendous. Regular. Lines even longer. Took us almost an hour to get through. Allow plenty of time!

If you are ever in the American Airlines terminal, just walk down as there will be other lines at MIA. Our longest wait has been 15 minutes and that was only once.

January flying from Buffalo I would be sure to plan to arrive into FLL at least one day early - check the shuttle web site to see which of them pick up at your hotel.

OH, believe me, I KNOW better to fly in ahead! I'm almost nervous about just one day ahead! It took us two days to get down to Florida this year due to cancellations and delays! And it was a mild winter! 😬 I have booked a hotel on South Beach for day before cruise, but thinking to book an additional night.

One other question---if I decide to use Uber over a shuttle service, can Uber drivers enter into the airport and port areas? Not sure if they are permitted to or not. I have never used Uber as it is not available in our area, but uploaded the app for it and registered while heading to Florida this last time in case we needed it (we weren't sure car rental desk would still be open when we finally arrived in Florida due to weather, and needed to get from Ft Myers to hotel in Bonita Springs.)

OH, believe me, I KNOW better to fly in ahead! I'm almost nervous about just one day ahead! It took us two days to get down to Florida this year due to cancellations and delays! And it was a mild winter! [emoji51] I have booked a hotel on South Beach for day before cruise, but thinking to book an additional night.

One other question---if I decide to use Uber over a shuttle service, can Uber drivers enter into the airport and port areas? Not sure if they are permitted to or not. I have never used Uber as it is not available in our area, but uploaded the app for it and registered while heading to Florida this last time in case we needed it (we weren't sure car rental desk would still be open when we finally arrived in Florida due to weather, and needed to get from Ft Myers to hotel in Bonita Springs.)

Yes Uber can enter the airport. In fact when you select that you are there, it asks you which terminal via a drop down/scrolling menu.

How'd you hear that Jan schedule opens July? Past experience? This is actually more helpful for me, as I'm trying to earn miles, but I am curious about flights.

How'd you hear that Jan schedule opens July? Past experience? This is actually more helpful for me, as I'm trying to earn miles, but I am curious about flights.

It was June or July it's now May

ankbjq.jpg

Taken from the Southwest website's Flight Schedule link at the bottom of the page... I've been checking for December dates and the last opening date was June 1st so watch for changes if you're looking for post Holiday travel.

Edited by loretta5ue