UBP not showing on boarding pass & has wrong date on amenity page

CollW1983

Hi all. I got the UBP as a promo and have prepaid my gratuities. My reservation confirmation shows the code CHOBEV and also shows I paid the tax on the package. It is also listed in my amenities on NCL. However, there is no mention of it on my edocs. And when I go to print out my amenity details, it lists the UBP under the date of 6/12/16 which is the day I disembark. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!!

Not to be glib, but why haven't you called NCL or your Travel Agent about this? Not much anyone on CC can do to fix the issue for you.

Because I wasn't sure if there is anything to be fixed. I came here to ask others if this was normal because I wanted to prevent having to sit on hold if others who have the package have theirs listed the same way. I wasn't asking for anyone to fix it for me. Not to be glib, but why even respond to my post at all?

Sorry, it just seemed from reading your original post that something was amiss. Only NCL or your Travel Agent can answer/fix the problem. I agree that at times the wait time for NCL customer service can be long but then that's the same if you call a lot of businesses now days.

Hi all. I got the UBP as a promo and have prepaid my gratuities. My reservation confirmation shows the code CHOBEV and also shows I paid the tax on the package. It is also listed in my amenities on NCL. However, there is no mention of it on my edocs. And when I go to print out my amenity details, it lists the UBP under the date of 6/12/16 which is the day I disembark. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!!

We have the specialty restaurants and UBP as our promo (prepaid gratuities) for an upcoming cruise on the Sun. Ours shows DINEBEV and there is no mention of it on the edocs. On the amenity details it also shows the day we disembark. We called NCL the day we got the docs and they told us it is normal.

Awesome way for NCL to confuse the passengers but I'm sure it makes perfect sense to NCL. I just checked our documents and I did not see any reference to the UBP or SDP but then again maybe that is because we have a forward Penthouse. With that comes all four perks as if they are really "free". I suspect that the issued key card will have the required information on it.

CollW1983, wish you well and that your cruise exceeds your expectations.

We had four promos on our last cruise. They didn't show on the edocs but were on our room key cards after we processed in at the port. We do book through a TA and they did show on the initial invoice from them. I took a copy of that with me just in case.

Awesome way for NCL to confuse the passengers but I'm sure it makes perfect sense to NCL. I just checked our documents and I did not see any reference to the UBP or SDP but then again maybe that is because we have a forward Penthouse. With that comes all four perks as if they are really "free". I suspect that the issued key card will have the required information on it.

CollW1983, wish you well and that your cruise exceeds your expectations.

Thank you!

Gee, my amenity invoice has a "delivery day" column which shows "day 1 in cabin" for the UBP. No dates on mine...

its odd how NCL does things sometimes. There doesn't seem to be 1 uniform way that they do things.

This is normal. It won't show on your edocs. UBP shows on your invoice and amenities page. For whatever reason they list the disembarkation date instead of embarkation date. Make sure to take your invoice and amenities page with you just in case there is a problem but it should be fine.

This is normal. It won't show on your edocs. UBP shows on your invoice and amenities page. For whatever reason they list the disembarkation date instead of embarkation date. Make sure to take your invoice and amenities page with you just in case there is a problem but it should be fine.

Thank you!

Thank you!

I actually had the same problem today , then came here and lo and behold there was the answer in CC!! Yes, they do put your ammeneties as the day you disembark , dont ask me why but I bet when they get so many people calling confused they change it! I ended up calling my TA and she contacted NCL and they sent her an email that SHOWS the embarkation date as the start date.

Its not that i DONT trust NCL but I know I want everything in writing when I get on board!

:p

I actually had the same problem today , then came here and lo and behold there was the answer in CC!! Yes, they do put your ammeneties as the day you disembark , dont ask me why but I bet when they get so many people calling confused they change it! I ended up calling my TA and she contacted NCL and they sent her an email that SHOWS the embarkation date as the start date.

Its not that i DONT trust NCL but I know I want everything in writing when I get on board!

:p

I'm the same way. I'll be printing out every single paper I possibly can "just in case". I'll only be able to relax once on I'm onboard and have a pina colada in my hand! Only 5 more weeks. I can't wait!!!

I'm the same way. I'll be printing out every single paper I possibly can "just in case". I'll only be able to relax once on I'm onboard and have a pina colada in my hand! Only 5 more weeks. I can't wait!!!

yep :) have a great cruise! We dont sail till August and it cant come fast enough! Thinking my first drink is gonna be a "Miami Vice" that was my go to drink last year on the Dawn.

My beverage package showed the debarkation date all along. Last week I booked a party/cake package for a date during our sailing. Since then the beverage package is showing the same date as the party package (middle of cruise) :confused:

I will leave it to see if it changes again if not I will call a couple of weeks before we go.