aLl Inclusive Beverage Package

GMECruiser

Like some others, this is my first Princess cruise after 7 on Celebrity. Always get the Premium Package and from what I can see (correct me if wrong), the Celebrity Premium is slightly cheaper than Princess package. Celebrity has a limit of $13- per drink and that covers pretty well everything including more Exotic Cocktails. I have yet to take a look at the "evaluator" but note the limit with Princess is $10- which makes me ask about Cocktails. Are these all within the $10- maximum? Cheers

Celebrity drink prices are much higher than Princess (though drinks like Martinis from the Martini Bar on Celebrity are larger)

We were also primarily Celebrity cruisers and found very few drinks on Princess that aren't covered under the package.

Like some others, this is my first Princess cruise after 7 on Celebrity. Always get the Premium Package and from what I can see (correct me if wrong), the Celebrity Premium is slightly cheaper than Princess package. Celebrity has a limit of $13- per drink and that covers pretty well everything including more Exotic Cocktails. I have yet to take a look at the "evaluator" but note the limit with Princess is $10- which makes me ask about Cocktails. Are these all within the $10- maximum? Cheers

OK, I'll correct you as you're incorrect:

The Premium package on Celebrity is $65 +18% gratuity, for a total of $76.70...

Princess AIBP is $49 + 15% gratuity, for $56.35 a day - a HUGE difference - $20 bucks a day!

Even Celebrity's Classic package is more than Princess AIBP at $55+18% gratuity, for $64.90 a day.

Celebrity's drinks are also more expensive individually than Princess, hence the higher limits, and even then there's much more exclusions than on Princess....

As noted, Princess package covers everything onboard except 5 - yes 5 - drinks onboard, as listed above. Pretty darn good for a package that's $20 cheaper a day....

Main difference between the two, at least to me, is in purchasing options. On Celebrity, you can purchase the package at any point up until last two nights of sailing, so if it's a port intensive first few days, you can wait to purchase and save s bit. Package is prorated. Also, for Elite Plus and above, there's a 10% discount on packages...Nothing similar on Princess....even with the 10%, doesn't bring it down to Princess price.

On Princess, can only be purchased day one/two for entire sailing, no prorating.... Big difference there.

Either way, it's a moot point as each line has their own policies and packages, so comparing does little good....

We're quite happy with Princess product and also enjoy Celebrity product...each have pluses and minuses...

Happy sails..

Edited by reedprincess

i have only cruised on Celebrity and have always bought the premium package.

I am considering Panama Canal Cruise on princess and trying to compare with Celebrity.

Does princess have a coffee cafe like celebrity and are these drinks included in the package?

Are can sodas included in the princess package?

Thanks

I am considering Panama Canal Cruise on princess and trying to compare with Celebrity.

Does princess have a coffee cafe like celebrity and are these drinks included in the package?

Thanks

Yes -- all specialty coffees and canned sodas are included --- even milk shakes from the ice cream stand

Thanks

I'll say it again, loud and clear - Princes package includes ALL drinks $10 and under - soda, bottled water, non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails, wines by the glass, shots, cocktails, specialty coffees and teas, etc.. ALL.

Cans of soda are covered if you want them, although usually it's gun soda. They have Coke, Diet Coke/Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Barq's, and sometimes Orange.

Yes, Princess has International Cafe on most ships which has extensive coffee and tea menu and various foods including breakfast and lunch/dinner items and desserts. It's open 24/7, unlike Celebrity. Yes, all the coffees and teas are covered with the AIBP. On ships without an IC, there's an alternative, La Patisserie, or similar, however not 24/7... There's very, very few ships with no IC, Island and Dawn I think.....

Hope that helps.

Small note about X packages...you only have the option to pay the difference if you have their Premium package. For those with the Classic or Select, if they want something over their cap (which is remarkably low for the price of Xs drinks), they have to pay the full amount plus gratuity.....

While extort is obviously hyperbole, the various levels of package at Celebrity can be a bit much and quite limiting for those with Classic or Select....

True..though MOST get the Classic packages these days included with their fare and upgrading for $11.80 a day to Premium is a no brainer...

On a recent TA on the Royal we had a party of 4 and we all like the same wine. We on different occasions have gone to vines and ordered 4 glasses, using the AIBP. The folks at Vines were kind enough to tell that 4 glasses equaled one bottle? and provided us with a bottle that we took to the dining room. I am not sure if all ships will do the same thing but it certainly worked on that cruise. Guess we will find out in a little over a month when the 4 of us travel again:)

Note that the selections by the glass at Vines are *way* better than many of the dining room selections. This may influence your decision especially with the bubbles and whites.

We will use Vines mostly when purchasing wine due to the selection, and take it in with us to dinner

We would go to Vines for pre dinner drinks, about 15 minutes before ready for dinner (anytime) go over to the dining room and get a pager, when it starting beeping, got a glass to go and carried it into the dining room....DH even would get up and go back to Vines for 2 more glasses during dinner so we could enjoy the excellent wines from Vines with dinner..

Nobody batted an eye and after a few days, Vines just gave us 2 glasses when we headed to dinner so DH did not have to go back....

Everyone is very accommodating!

Sounds like a good plan

Thanks

Don't forget, while on the Panama Canal cruise, you will need your bottle water to take on shore. Every time we passed a bar we would each get a large bottle water. We would stock up and keep in our cabin and then take ashore with us.

The wine in Vines is above anywhere else on the ship. Would always have a glass or two before dinner and they would pour us another to take to the dinning room. Once they know you have the package, they are very accommodating.

I'll say it again, loud and clear - Princes package includes ALL drinks $10 and under - soda, bottled water, non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails, wines by the glass, shots, cocktails, specialty coffees and teas, etc.. ALL.

Cans of soda are covered if you want them, although usually it's gun soda. They have Coke, Diet Coke/Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Barq's, and sometimes Orange.

Yes, Princess has International Cafe on most ships which has extensive coffee and tea menu and various foods including breakfast and lunch/dinner items and desserts. It's open 24/7, unlike Celebrity. Yes, all the coffees and teas are covered with the AIBP. On ships without an IC, there's an alternative, La Patisserie, or similar, however not 24/7... There's very, very few ships with no IC, Island and Dawn I think.....

Hope that helps.

I have actually seen cans of Seagram's Ginger Ale. I was with my son who was in Shooter's on Star Princess. I was surprised as that is the only place I had see it. If my son wasn't a smoker I guess I never would have known. Seagram's is a Coke product.

Edited by Thrak