Viking direct vs travel agent

planterx2

We have been on several Viking river cruises which were all booked directly through Viking. We are now getting ready to book our first Viking ocean cruise. Can anyone explain the positives and negatives of booking directly through Viking vs booking through a travel agent?

I booked our first Viking River Cruise thru Viking direct, remainder have been through a TA. Main advantage to the TA is the 15% or so they save me vs Viking direct!! And on a 15 day ocean cruise that is quite a bit of change.

We have always had excellent service from the TA and Viking direct so no big difference there. I can just find other ways to use the $2K+ the TA saved us over the Viking direct cost on the upcoming ocean cruise. :):):)

One of the best reasons to use a Travel Agent, "Saving Money and Getting Assurance".

A really good TA will have a good relationship with most Cruise lines and will be able to offer you some sort of price reduction. This is something most will simply be unable to do on their own!

Secondly, and even more important, is that in the event of some sort of foul-up - they will have good contacts in cutting through red tape and finding a solution.....

Find a TA and have a safe trip......:)