Reimbursement for Noro cruise

MVPinBoynton

We were on the March 10, 2016 Riviera sailing that had around 100 people struck with Noro. I just got a letter from O giving us a 25% discount on a future Caribbean cruise for the 2016/2017 Caribbean sailings. I thought that was most generous and I appreciate the offer.

Sounds like we received the same certificate. It's described as Oceania Club Member Caribbean Offer.

Mine says:

"Valid for a 25% discount on the cruise-only fare of a future RIVIERA Caribbean voyage in the upcoming 2016-2017 season."

We've already booked another Riviera Caribbean cruise and I'm expecting to apply the discount before final payment. The certificate says nothing about new bookings. I'm sure my travel agent will know how to handle this.

As you said, a generous offer.

Hi!

Did you both write letters about the cruise having o many noro cases or did you just receive the certificate in the mail? We were also on that cruise . Luckily, we did not get sick.

Rhea

Hi!

Did you both write letters about the cruise having o many noro cases or did you just receive the certificate in the mail? We were also on that cruise . Luckily, we did not get sick

Rhea

Didn't complain, since I didn't have anything to complain about. We had an enjoyable cruise. :)

My husband and I weren't ill on our December 2015 cruise and we didn't write to Oceania to complain about all the sticky stuff all over the ship.

This was a pleasant, and very valuable, surprise.

Could you clarify for me if it was a letter or an email. Snail mail from

US to Australia - could take weeks to get to us ...if we get one.:)

Thanks in advance

Rhonda

Thanks in advance

Rhonda

It was a letter, so it could take a while to get to Australia. You might be able to call O to find out if one is coming.

We, too, were on Riviera's March 20 cruise, and did not get the sickness. We have 15 Oceania cruises to our credit. Will be interesting to see if this letter offering 25% arrives this week. We are 125 miles from Miami. Will be watching the mailbox...as I can't imagine only some folks would get this offer.

We were on the December 2nd Riviera, which was also affected by Norovirus, and we also got the offer in the mail today. I wish it was for a different Oceania ship! I might be willing to give Oceania a chance again, but not on the Riviera. This was our second Riviera sailing that was ruined by Oceania's poor handling of Norovirus. The other was in November 2012, when it was largely ignored by Oceania but my husband got sick enough to pass out in our room. BTW, his medical bill was over $600! It took us three years to try Oceania again (our 4th Oceania sailing).

After the disastrous December sailing, and before the multiple subsequent sick sailings, Oceania insisted that it wasn't their fault. Now, five months later, they are saying "we want to apologize for the inconveniences encountered due to sanitation measures... With our crew focused on our sanitation protocol, we struggled to provide a cruise experience that delivered the signature Oceania Cruises experience." That is an understatement!

I am guessing that Oceania is experiencing a severe drop in bookings and is trying to get back those who have decided to never sail them again. I have access to interline sailings, and I have never seen so many listed for Oceania! In the past, there might have been 2-3 over many months. Now there are 75-80.

Too little, too late!

We were on the December 2nd Riviera, which was also affected by Norovirus, and we also got the offer in the mail today. I wish it was for a different Oceania ship! I might be willing to give Oceania a chance again, but not on the Riviera. This was our second Riviera sailing that was ruined by Oceania's poor handling of Norovirus. The other was in November 2012, when it was largely ignored by Oceania but my husband got sick enough to pass out in our room. BTW, his medical bill was over $600! It took us three years to try Oceania again (our 4th Oceania sailing).

After the disastrous December sailing, and before the multiple subsequent sick sailings, Oceania insisted that it wasn't their fault. Now, five months later, they are saying "we want to apologize for the inconveniences encountered due to sanitation measures... With our crew focused on our sanitation protocol, we struggled to provide a cruise experience that delivered the signature Oceania Cruises experience." That is an understatement!

I am guessing that Oceania is experiencing a severe drop in bookings and is trying to get back those who have decided to never sail them again. I have access to interline sailings, and I have never seen so many listed for Oceania! In the past, there might have been 2-3 over many months. Now there are 75-80.

Too little, too late!

This Good news for all the Passengers on the Riviera Nov/Dec cruises that have been ignored for so long lets hope Oceania give this to all!!!!

WOW, WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT.

I sent my travel agent an email last night to ask her to apply this discount to our December 2016 Riviera booking. SURPRISE! The discount is off the current price, rather than the price we booked at, which is considerably lower.

So instead of saving us $700, the cruise would actually cost $400 MORE if we use our certificate.

Mike,

Are you referring to the Mayan Mystique cruise from March 3 - 13, 2016 when you say the March 10 cruise. We were also on that cruise, but did not receive any offers from Oceania. Thanks.

Mike,

Are you referring to the Mayan Mystique cruise from March 3 - 13, 2016 when you say the March 10 cruise. We were also on that cruise, but did not receive any offers from Oceania. Thanks.

In post #7 I corrected my cruise date to March 20, 2016. This was the last Noro cruise on the Riviera that I am aware of. I put in the March 10 by mistake, since I have a cruise coming up on May 10. Too many cruises. :D

Thanks in advance

Rhonda

You will everyone on that batch of cruises with Noro with the exception of 2/12 (they received something) can get the one time discount on Riviera in the Caribbean only..

Jancruz1

Too little, too late!

I guess that all the postings on cruise critic may have had something to do with telling Oceania how unhappy most of us were. I do not think it is too little/too late, just O waking up from a deep sleep and doing the right thing for whatever reason. I think we needed to continue to apply the preasure no mater what the few O cheerleaders said. We as a group sometimes do make a difference.

You will everyone on that batch of cruises with Noro with the exception of 2/12 (they received something) can get the one time discount on Riviera in the Caribbean only..

Jancruz1

Hmm, are they including those of us on the 11/18 crossing?

Hmm, are they including those of us on the 11/18 crossing?

They should, and give a little extra to the 2/12 cruise also. The only one that came back early. Besides coming back 2 days early, the last 2 days on board were pretty awful. We are back on Oceania either way but a little extra would be a nice gesture.