Thank you if you felt you had to bring booze onboard in water bottles

well, that thought is in direct contradiction to carnival's statement but as always, anyone can believe anything they want even when they have no proof to back up their beliefs. ;)

Most corporate press releases are marketing spin, double speak, and complete excrement. Apply this to all corporations.

You may feel free to believe corporate press releases; I'll follow the money instead.

Most corporate press releases are marketing spin, double speak, and complete excrement. Apply this to all corporations.

You may feel free to believe corporate press releases; I'll follow the money instead.

as i stated, anyone is free to believe what they wish. while you seem to gravitate to the conspiracy theory side of things, i tend to believe what a person says until they have proven themselves to be a liar or unreliable. if you have the proof to show that carnival lied in their press release i'd love to read it. otherwise, i take their press release for face value.....which to me sounds like common sense as well......and the conspiracy theorists can spin it any way they choose.

as i stated, anyone is free to believe what they wish. while you seem to gravitate to the conspiracy theory side of things, i tend to believe what a person says until they have proven themselves to be a liar or unreliable. if you have the proof to show that carnival lied in their press release i'd love to read it. otherwise, i take their press release for face value.....which to me sounds like common sense as well......and the conspiracy theorists can spin it any way they choose.

No conspiracy theories from me; I've worked in marketing so I know it is a lot of verbal excrement.

Well this policy did come out shortly after a review on here where the poster basically rubbed it in the faces of Port Security how she had booze in her water bottle and was able to walk right on.

I'm not saying this was the reason behind it, but Carnival does read these boards and it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Or it could have already been in the works and just a coincidence. Either way, alcohol was in fact being brought on in this manner and the only way to put a stop to it was by instituting the ban.

No conspiracy theories from me; I've worked in marketing so I know it is a lot of verbal excrement.

and is it not possible that just because the company you had to work for created a lot of verbal excrement......like that saying......that not every other company does that :confused: i don't subscribe to the theory that if one person or company does something then they all must do it. not to mention that carnival's reasons stated in the press release are very plausible. one just has to look at the threads right here on cc about how they were going to do exactly what carnival just stopped. am i happy that i can't bring my bottled soda anymore, no, but there is an alternative and it works just as well.......canned soda and an empty bottle.

and is it not possible that just because the company you had to work for created a lot of verbal excrement......like that saying......that not every other company does that :confused: i don't subscribe to the theory that if one person or company does something then they all must do it. not to mention that carnival's reasons stated in the press release are very plausible. one just has to look at the threads right here on cc about how they were going to do exactly what carnival just stopped. am i happy that i can't bring my bottled soda anymore, no, but there is an alternative and it works just as well.......canned soda and an empty bottle.

I think if people are going to smuggle they are just going to find new ways to do it.

I think if people are going to smuggle they are just going to find new ways to do it.

very true. but hopefully there are some that don't want to go to the effort and decide to finally start playing by the rules. hopefully. :)

As I said up-thread, if CCL was really doing this to make money they would be charging $70+ per case of water a la NCL (and though NCL charges that much for water onboard I don't think that they have banned brining water onboard).

You are wasting your breath. When a person dismisses the offenders as a viable causation in favor of blaming the authority for possibly reacting to the offense, all you have is a person with blinders on. They are just aping Paul Bradford and Adam Savage by in effect saying, "I reject your reality and substitute my own." As to the water, I don't care. However, it is childish to say that the smugglers have no part in it. You are dealing with children. Don't argue on their level. You look silly doing so. Any reasonable person with a brain stem can add 1 and 1 in this case. Those that refuse to see it are beyond reach.

You are wasting your breath. When a person dismisses the offenders as a viable causation in favor of blaming the authority for possibly reacting to the offense, all you have is a person with blinders on. They are just aping Paul Bradford and Adam Savage by in effect saying, "I reject your reality and substitute my own." As to the water, I don't care. However, it is childish to say that the smugglers have no part in it. You are dealing with children. Don't argue on their level. You look silly doing so. Any reasonable person with a brain stem can add 1 and 1 in this case. Those that refuse to see it are beyond reach.

tell us what you really think.

Last time I cruised was about 5 years ago I think and this ban was in the works then. The first thing I came to check on was the water situation when the girls wanted to take a cruise this summer. Sad to see it finally went into effect.

I know for most this is not a big deal. Most people drink a variety of things soda, coffee, tea, booze LOL but some of us drink strictly water. One thing you seem to develop when you drink strictly water is a taste for water as in you can taste the difference in brands of water. No not all bottled water is the same. Each company has it's own formula, while they start out basically the same with purified water what they add is different. Thus the resulting flavor is different from one brand to the other. To some it all tastes basically the same, to others there's a drastic night and day difference. It's like saying all red/white wine tastes the same or all beer tastes the same.

I have one brand I drink and I take it everywhere with me including cruising. I just put it in a rolling bag and then drink it during the week. At the end of the week I have the bag to pack stuff in that I bring home. No lugging water on board and it gives me an extra bag. But now that isn't an option, at this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've had Carnivals tap water and it's awful. From what I'm reading their bottled water tastes awful too. Sigh

Think I'll buy some brita single bottles with filters and see what water from them tastes like. Then maybe I can buy their bottled water and keep it in the fridge and poor it in a brita bottle to get the funky taste out and make it drinkable.

As far as the cost goes I'd gladly pay to have them order my water directly from Amazon or whatever service they choose and have it delivered to the port by the case and pay them a surcharge of $20 or whatever and have a case waiting for me in my room when I arrive. That way they know it hasn't been tampered with, I have something to drink all week and they make a nice profit.

Edited by poobears

I had no problem on a recent cruise not carnival - as long as you had it tagged with a luggage tag - it was delivered to you in your cabin along with your luggage - we saw cases and cases of water - - I have a terrible time with different tastes in water - yucky !

Question re: Carnival why the change - no bringing your own water what caused the change does anyone here know where on the Carnival web site is says this - thank you !

P.S. People bringing their own booze is nothing new - charge them the cork fee !

I had no problem on a recent cruise not carnival - as long as you had it tagged with a luggage tag - it was delivered to you in your cabin along with your luggage - we saw cases and cases of water - - I have a terrible time with different tastes in water - yucky !

Question re: Carnival why the change - no bringing your own water what caused the change does anyone here know where on the Carnival web site is says this - thank you !

P.S. People bringing their own booze is nothing new - charge them the cork fee !

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

We bought water through Carnival. It was a few dollars more, but we still have a few leftovers in the our frig. I can tell you I don't miss lugging a bunch of water through the terminal. Also, it made the security line a lot more efficient.

Edited by CruiseHealing

Bringing soda, pop, aka coke on board in bottles instead of cans. Would rather have a bottle which I could re-seal.

You ARE aware that bottles of soda are not allowed, only cans? Same rule as with the water. I suppose you could bring canned water on board (if you could find it LOL)

Seltzer in cans - open let go flat - LoL , !

I did not have to carry the water it was with my luggage with luggage tags - WA LA ! Brought to my cabin -

i see you did this with a non carnival cruise. this wont work anymore on a carnival cruise

• 3 weeks later...
Last time I cruised was about 5 years ago I think and this ban was in the works then. The first thing I came to check on was the water situation when the girls wanted to take a cruise this summer. Sad to see it finally went into effect.

I know for most this is not a big deal. Most people drink a variety of things soda, coffee, tea, booze LOL but some of us drink strictly water. One thing you seem to develop when you drink strictly water is a taste for water as in you can taste the difference in brands of water. No not all bottled water is the same. Each company has it's own formula, while they start out basically the same with purified water what they add is different. Thus the resulting flavor is different from one brand to the other. To some it all tastes basically the same, to others there's a drastic night and day difference. It's like saying all red/white wine tastes the same or all beer tastes the same.

I have one brand I drink and I take it everywhere with me including cruising. I just put it in a rolling bag and then drink it during the week. At the end of the week I have the bag to pack stuff in that I bring home. No lugging water on board and it gives me an extra bag. But now that isn't an option, at this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've had Carnivals tap water and it's awful. From what I'm reading their bottled water tastes awful too. Sigh

Think I'll buy some brita single bottles with filters and see what water from them tastes like. Then maybe I can buy their bottled water and keep it in the fridge and poor it in a brita bottle to get the funky taste out and make it drinkable.

As far as the cost goes I'd gladly pay to have them order my water directly from Amazon or whatever service they choose and have it delivered to the port by the case and pay them a surcharge of $20 or whatever and have a case waiting for me in my room when I arrive. That way they know it hasn't been tampered with, I have something to drink all week and they make a nice profit.

That would be awesome if they allowed us to order and have it shipped to them. I have found that the only water that tastes good to me is Zephyrhills, anything else I have to force down. I prefer to eat my calories so juice and soda are out of the question for me.

Well that's not us we use rum runners. Works every time.

The classic "Entitled Attitude". "I should be able to do what I want to do. If there are rules in place that I don't agree with, I shouldn't have to follow them. This cruise is about me, no one else"....Gotta love the mindset, lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten