Luminae on all Solstice class ships?

twopats

We just returned from sailing on the Silhouette and were extremely pleased with the restaurant serving suite guests only...Luminae. I booked the Solstice on this cruise but now I am wondering if it has Luminae as I learned the Silhouette just had it added two years ago. This one perk made us suite advocates as each dinner, lunch or breakfast was like dining at a gourmet restaurant and when compared to Murano or the Tuscany Grill, it was every bit as good, if not better.

Trish

Luminae has been rolled out on ALL* Celebrity ships, both M- and S-class. Can't imagine that it [or something better] won't be on the new EDGE class too. :)

* except, as the fine print always adds, Xpedition

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Luminae has been rolled out on ALL* Celebrity ships, both M- and S-class. Can't imagine that it [or something better] won't be on the new EDGE class too. :)

* except, as the fine print always adds, Xpedition

And Luminae is less than two years old on all the ships, a fairly new concept fleet wide.

• 2 weeks later...
And Luminae is less than two years old on all the ships, a fairly new concept fleet wide.

Hey Don - Have you dined in Luminae? We booked our very first suite for October 25 on the Equinox TA. Wondering how you found it?

Hey Don - Have you dined in Luminae? We booked our very first suite for October 25 on the Equinox TA. Wondering how you found it?

Luminae was actually rolled out just s year ago. The service is outstanding, and the ambiance beautiful. But the meals need to be tweaked a bit. Most were very good, but some just missed the mark.

We were on Reflection the first week Luminae opened, and just returned from a B2B on Equinox for 24 days, so we have do have a good grasp of their menus.

Emile,

We were on the Eclipse in February and enjoyed the Luminae then. Frankly, it was better than excellent, just superb. We wound up having the same waiter for most meals and he couldn't do enough for us. The rest of the staff was just as good. If we didn't see something on the menu that excited us (rarely) out came the MDR menu and we mixed and matched something good.

Your old friend who almost went with you on the Millenium in 2013 before switched dates.

Jerry

Edited by eldercruser

Hi Emil"

Sorry, did not do it, I haven't done a suite in years, found I'm rarely in the room so start with an inside and work my way up.

Emile,

We were on the Eclipse in February and enjoyed the Luminae then. Frankly, it was better than excellent, just superb. We wound up having the same waiter for most meals and he couldn't do enough for us. The rest of the staff was just as good. If we didn't see something on the menu that excited us (rarely) out came the MDR menu and we mixed and matched something good.

Your old friend who almost went with you on the Millennium in 2013 before switched dates.

Jerry

Oh yes, I remember you Jerry. You were with a group of people who didn't want to go to SE Asia during TET. Sorry we never had a chance to meet.

Incidentally, we are doing Asia again on the Millennium April 8, 2017, Hong Kong to Yokohama. Quite a few people from the 2013 TET cruise on this one as well.

Thanks for the feedback on Luminae. Sounds yummy. We are looking forward.

Hi Emil"

Sorry, did not do it, I haven't done a suite in years, found I'm rarely in the room so start with an inside and work my way up.

Well, Don, we never did a suite before in 40 years of cruising. Seems like a time to start. It was a fluke that a Sky suite became available on the upcoming Equinox cruise and we were able to grab it. Be well.

as others have said, Luminae is the dining room for suite stayers. most of their food is "made to order" so at times it takes a tad longer to get your food. there was never any line to wait to be seated.

tip- if you're eating at luminae, you can ask to have food from other places like BLU/MDR Grand Epiphany/Buffet.