Time lapse video arrival in St. Thomas-FOS

This is a time lapse video of the sunrise and arrival in St. Thomas aboard Freedom of the Seas the week of April 17th.

We captured our (amateur) video on a GoPro with a suction cup mount on one of the windows in our room. We were in a Family Panoramic Oceanview-1804. There are no words for the incredible views we enjoyed from this stateroom.

Enjoy! :D

According to my husband..."we took the video at 1 frame per minute. When the video is played it is playing back at 5 frames per second."

Thanks, I need to experiment I guess.

The room was amazing...the views were breathtaking at every turn. We preferred to watch all the comings and goings from our room rather than any other location on board! We had plenty of storage space and having two bathrooms was wonderful. It was just three of us in the room and our son slept on the sofa sleeper rather than the bunks.

However, if you don't like motion this room may prove challenging for you. You feel everything in this room. Also, the sounds of the structure flexing and bending in the waves will bother a light sleeper (such as myself) at night. We had one afternoon/evening of a strong straight on head wind and there was some high pitched howling through the windows...but thankfully that didn't last.

I would book this room again despite the above. We spoke to an officer one day on the promenade and he said he was jealous of the views from our room, they rival that of the bridge without any work! :p