Question about Cozumel

RealLilSwole

My husband and I are taking the 4 days cruise out of Tampa to Cozumel. Do any of you reserve one of the resorts on resortforaday.com, or do you just wing it? And If so, which resort do you choose? This is our anniversary cruise and we have no children traveling with us if this helps.

Thanks in advance!!

Christina

My husband and I are taking the 4 days cruise out of Tampa to Cozumel. Do any of you reserve one of the resorts on resortforaday.com, or do you just wing it? And If so, which resort do you choose? This is our anniversary cruise and we have no children traveling with us if this helps.

Thanks in advance!!

Christina

I LOVE Mr Sanchos. we go there every time we go to Cozumel. The all-inclusive is awesome, drinks are great and the food is tasty. Especially love the coconut shrimp! Also, If you like Jet Skiing, this is the only place to do it, as every other place you will have a "guide" but from here they just let you go where you want, and their jet skis are FAST :)

I reserve everything in advance from one of the shore excursion websites and get a little discount.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

If your looking for something a bit more relaxed, Nachi Cocum is nice... All you can drink and a nice lunch for $55. And they limit the number of people per day, so it's not as crowded. You can reserve through their website...

I prefer Nachi Cocum, which is best pre-reserved on their website. Nachi and Sanchez are on the same strip of beach, it's only a 5 to 7 minute walk between them.

I prefer Nachi over Sanchez because it's been quieter and usually has less kids and jet skis than Sanchez. If you prefer more energy and activity, then by all means go with Sanchez.

You mentioned resortforaday, but I think the beach at Sanchez and Nachi are much nicer than what those resorts offer.......they may have better amenities or a larger pool, but not beach. (Except for Playa Mia, which does have a decent beach and is also good for families)

Edited by evandbob

I also recommend Nachi Cocum. I was just there last week and it was gorgeous. They only allow up to 100 people per day. When I was there, two ships were in port and there was only 30 people total. I love it there and go every time I hit Cozumel!

I can only vouch for Mr. Sanchos, but I agree with RecoveryDude. Nice stretch of beach, food and service are very good and their jet skis are a lot of fun if that is your thing. We were first time jet skiers and they took great care of us. No one else rented when we did so plenty of space to move!

Thanks in advance!!

Christina

Anniversary & no kids. Based on that, I think Nachi Cocum would be right for you, since it's quieter, less crowded, & more geared for couples. However, if you are an active couple who enjoys a lively atmosphere & don't mind having more people around, go with either Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach. My favorite is Paradise Beach. I also liked Chankanaab Park, where you can snorkel & enjoy sea lion shows(included) and swim with the dolphins(extra $$$). The resort for a day option doesn't seem like it would be as good as one of these beach clubs.

This is our anniversary cruise and we have no children traveling with us if this helps.

Thanks in advance!!

Christina

I would choose Nachi, but someone younger than I (not hard to achieve) might prefer the romance package at Sanchos. I would book whatever you choose before your cruise departs.