NCL Escape boat drill

The first 7 pm departure is this Saturday. Let see what they say.

I think the other answers were based on other NCL ships that have departed at 7pm. We will wait to see whether they do it the same way for the Escape, or whether they decide to hold muster in the dining rooms in the middle of dinner being served.

Why the change to 7pm does anyone know

Here's what they sent

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Escape's 7-day Eastern Caribbean sailings departing from Miami from May 7, 2016 through July 16, 2016 and from September 3, 2016 through December 31, 2016. Guest booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We have made a change to the ship's itinerary and she will now depart from Miami at 7:00 p.m. instead of the previously communicated time of 4:00 p.m. We invite you to board the ship at your regularly scheduled time and begin enjoying all the exciting amenities Norwegian Escape has to offer.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you on board Norwegian Escape.

Just boarde the NCL Escape, the Life Boat Drill is at 4:30pm. We depart the port at 7pm tonight.
Could you tell if they were enforcing the boarding time on the docs? I have 4:30 to 5:00 PM:eek:. I plan on arriving around 12:30.:confused:

Could you tell if they were enforcing the boarding time on the docs? I have 4:30 to 5:00 PM:eek:. I plan on arriving around 12:30.:confused:

They do not you can arrive whenever you want and will board in the order of arrival

Departure is at 7 pm so NCL can get passengers from Europe (mostly Germany) who can leave Europe and arrive the same day of cruise. European flights arrive in the middle of the afternoon in MIA. Be advised--you will pay a Florida/Miami sales tax on all drinks (even with the beverage package) while you are docked and also until you are a few miles off shore. Maybe around 6% on what the full price of the drink would be.