Oasis: flavored water and Vintages question

Hi -- Three (just edited) questions about the Oasis:

1. When we cruised on her 4 years ago, there was flavored no-calorie water available at various locations (Park Cafe, Solarium, Windjammer, etc). I haven't seen this mentioned recently -- is this still true?

2. I'm a little unclear about the tapas at Vintages. I had a lovely time one evening on my own (rest of the family went to bed) at Vintages, with the bartender giving me many tastes of different wines until I found one I loved. I'm cruising with my (74 year old) mom, and I think she would enjoy that one evening. But I didn't order any tapas -- what is the deal with the tapas, what kind of additional charges to they incur, etc. I don't know I have seen that anywhere -- I've seen a list of tapas, but not their prices.

3. An additional question: where can I see the menu at Vitality Cafe? I assume some things there are included, and some are extra fee. Is that correct?

Another

Thanks in advance!

Ricki

Edited by ricklepickle

We saw flavored water at Park Cafe on our Oasis cruise last September.

The food items at Vitality Cafe are free, but the smoothies and protein drinks are extra cost. I've not see a menu.

1. When we cruised on her 4 years ago, there was flavored no-calorie water available at various locations (Park Cafe, Solarium, Windjammer, etc). I haven't seen this mentioned recently -- is this still true?

2. I'm a little unclear about the tapas at Vintages. I had a lovely time one evening on my own (rest of the family went to bed) at Vintages, with the bartender giving me many tastes of different wines until I found one I loved. I'm cruising with my (74 year old) mom, and I think she would enjoy that one evening. But I didn't order any tapas -- what is the deal with the tapas, what kind of additional charges to they incur, etc. I don't know I have seen that anywhere -- I've seen a list of tapas, but not their prices.

3. An additional question: where can I see the menu at Vitality Cafe? I assume some things there are included, and some are extra fee. Is that correct?

Another

Thanks in advance!

Ricki

Yes, I wondering the same thing about tapas in Vintages, pay or complimentary?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

Pay, but quite good. You can make a meal out of it. It seemed to be reasonable prices. Look into getting one of the combinations, which will give you a wide variety of dishes.

Anyone know?

And the price is dependent on what you are getting. IIRC, the price range is $2-$4 per plate, depending on the dish plus various combinations that cost up to $13 for 8 dishes.

(I never take pictures of the menus, but http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-menu/ if this is the menu you have seen- look at the tab on the edge of each page- that's the price of that page)

And I'm 100% with the previous poster that one can make a great meal out of them.

One of our favorite dinners was sitting out in Central Park (inside the vintages area) having some tapas and wine. Very nice.

1. When we cruised on her 4 years ago, there was flavored no-calorie water available at various locations (Park Cafe, Solarium, Windjammer, etc). I haven't seen this mentioned recently -- is this still true? flavered, yes. no calorie? not necessarily. I am partial to the strawberry kiwi myself.

2. I'm a little unclear about the tapas at Vintages. I had a lovely time one evening on my own (rest of the family went to bed) at Vintages, with the bartender giving me many tastes of different wines until I found one I loved. I'm cruising with my (74 year old) mom, and I think she would enjoy that one evening. But I didn't order any tapas -- what is the deal with the tapas, what kind of additional charges to they incur, etc. I don't know I have seen that anywhere -- I've seen a list of tapas, but not their prices. never sailed on O, but on the ships I have that have tapas, they either are al a carte from a menu, or they set up a mini buffet during 'happy hour' every so often, without prompting, the bartender would disappear into the back and reappear wth a plate full of cheese, fruit, olives etc and whatnot to share while we tasted. on occasion I also got a glass full of cocktail mix. if I walk in there KNOWING I intend to taste test a lot, I ask up front for some palate cleansers.

Another

Thanks in advance!

Ricki

I am not familiar with Vitality Cafe. I thought that was just items on the MDR menu that were lighter/healthier? indicated on the menu with some sort of icon. but again, I have not yet sailed O so I may be totally off the mark.

We saw flavored water at Park Cafe on our Oasis cruise last September.

The food items at Vitality Cafe are free, but the smoothies and protein drinks are extra cost. I've not see a menu.

Are the smoothies covered with the Ultimate drink package?

I am not familiar with Vitality Cafe. I thought that was just items on the MDR menu that were lighter/healthier? indicated on the menu with some sort of icon. but again, I have not yet sailed O so I may be totally off the mark.

There used to be Vitality items on the MDR menus, but I don't think they do that anymore.

On Oasis class ships, the Vitality Cafe is a food/beverage venue right outside the Fitness Center.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Searching for an answer to my question and so far nothing, so I'll ask as part of this thread, as a generic "vintages" question. Fiance and I don't drink, but love Tapas, did it a lot in Chicago. Would we be okay to go sit and order tapas while enjoying our soda package? Is it blasmphemy to the vintages fans out there? It's just such a great way to get rid of some on board credit with what looks like great food.

Searching for an answer to my question and so far nothing, so I'll ask as part of this thread, as a generic "vintages" question. Fiance and I don't drink, but love Tapas, did it a lot in Chicago. Would we be okay to go sit and order tapas while enjoying our soda package? Is it blasmphemy to the vintages fans out there? It's just such a great way to get rid of some on board credit with what looks like great food.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to go in and enjoy food without drinking wine [emoji4] go in and enjoy it's your vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 10 months later...
And the price is dependent on what you are getting. IIRC, the price range is $2-$4 per plate, depending on the dish plus various combinations that cost up to $13 for 8 dishes.

(I never take pictures of the menus, but http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-menu/ if this is the menu you have seen- look at the tab on the edge of each page- that's the price of that page)

And I'm 100% with the previous poster that one can make a great meal out of them.

One of our favorite dinners was sitting out in Central Park (inside the vintages area) having some tapas and wine. Very nice.

if this is still current you can get a good idea of what Vintages offers for a tapas menu!