Best Junion Suite Cabins on Grandeur of the Seas

I am looking at the 12 day cruise on Grandeur of the Seas for April 2018 out of Baltimore. RC has some very attractive JS rates compared to a standard balcony, approximately $200pp more than a balcony for 12 days.

I am, however concerned about noise from the pool / solarium level on deck 9 above. Some reviewers have complained about this. For April, we would want the mid ship section, but I am wondering if someone could specify exact cabin numbers or deck area where noise was not a problem. Port or Starboard doesn't make a difference to us. I would also think any of the other Vision class ships would apply to this question: Splendor, Enchantment, Vision, Rhapsody and Legend.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can lend.

I would choose starboard, at least 5 staterooms aft of the centrum. Starboard to avoid the rolling cards going to/from Park Cafe. Aft of the centrum to minimize noise from the centrum.

I am no longer going to book a Jr. Suite on a Vision class ship. I have always had disturbing noise.....either rolling carts or foot steps that sound like elephants walking over me. Maybe others have had better luck with them and can share what cabins. The noise varies.....but no afternoon naps for sure from my experience.

The aft Jr. Suites on Decks 7 and 8 have extended balconies. The corner afts on 7 ( don't know about 8) have huge wrap around balconies and walk in closets. There is no noise from the lounge below.

I'm very glad to hear this. We're in the corner aft on 7, I think above the diamond lounge, next June (2017). I tried to do research before choosing a room, but there is surprisingly little out there. It will be our first corner aft and first time on grandeur, so I was kind of booking blind when I reserved it. I had initially booked on 8 but changed to 7 because I am a late sleeper and was concerned about noise from deck 9.

I'm very glad to hear this. We're in the corner aft on 7, I think above the diamond lounge, next June (2017). I tried to do research before choosing a room, but there is surprisingly little out there. It will be our first corner aft and first time on grandeur, so I was kind of booking blind when I reserved it. I had initially booked on 8 but changed to 7 because I am a late sleeper and was concerned about noise from deck 9.

That was a good choice, we were in an aft JS on 7 in March and noise was never an issue. Just be prepared for the long walk to everything.

We had this cabin in Dec. for our 50th Anniversary. We loved it, especially the walk-in closet. The balcony was great too. We didn't have any problems with noise, vibration or soot (on the balcony). We were over the Diamond Lounge. No complaints at all. Sure it was a long walk back to the cabin, but needed the exercise anyway....lol. Nice and quiet, because no foot traffic except for those that had cabins back there. You will love it. Enjoy your cruise!

Gwen [emoji3]

Regarding the aft cabins, there can be an odor of funnel exhaust at times. You can also smell this from time to time in the South Pacific Lounge below.

Friends in a corner aft on deck 7 reported ash on their balcony, but the cabin steward kept the area clean.

That said, aft cabins on Grandeur are our favorite. :)

We booked 8552 Starboard for April 2018 12 day cruise based on suggestions / comments on Cruise Critic and RCCL / Celebrity Facebook forum. Thanks everyone for your input. Next up is Anthem in 4 weeks for 9 days. Looking forward to it.

Walt In Pittsburgh

I am no longer going to book a Jr. Suite on a Vision class ship. I have always had disturbing noise.....either rolling carts or foot steps that sound like elephants walking over me. Maybe others have had better luck with them and can share what cabins. The noise varies.....but no afternoon naps for sure from my experience.
Huge wrap around balcony, very quiet and peaceful. And if you put on a few pounds during your cruise, the extra steps to get to your Aft JS can't hurt....K.O.:)

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who answered my question about the corner aft. I thought it was a little pricey per night for a JS and we were contemplating maybe cancelling, but after all the glowing reviews, I am feeling good about it again. We also got a $190 price drop during this current sale, which helped. ;)

Walt, sorry for sort-of-hijacking your thread. I'm glad you found a JS you'll be happy with. I hope you enjoy Anthem, too - she's a beautiful ship!