NCL to improve internet speeds. About time!

mianmike

What exactly makes you think this is somehow limited to Americans? Cruise lines need to do this to keep many of Generation X (and at least pretty much all of Generation Y) customers, no matter their nationality.

The reasons (requirements) you listed only apply to small group of people (majority of jobs don't utilize internet for personal emails etc, even in the workplace), a lot more people (and especially their Gen Y kids) have their personal expectations of having internet access just like at home for social media, streaming,

What exactly makes you think I thought this is somehow limited to Americans? My experience is as an American surrounded by Americans. I don't have the first idea how it works in other countries. I focused my comment on what I directly know. I didn't include other countries because I don't know about other countries. That's not the same as an assumption that the issue is confined to one country.

And I'm not talking about jobs that use internet for personal emails or people streaming Netflix at home, if you read my post. I'm talking about the fact that many Americans (extrapolate to other countries as you see fit) are electronically connected to their workplaces while at home or anywhere else, and there is an always increasing expectation that they will check in on email or manage some items even while on vacation.

Also, I'm now an attorney in a two-person partnership. I know many who are similarly situated or even solo, and that also includes financial advisers, insurance agents, accountants and other professional services. These folks simply can't take a vacation that has no internet or contact. Period.

I wasn't talking about millennials checking email or social media nor any personal use. It was about internet access being a professional necessity for many Americans - or whatever other nationality may apply.

NCL will still have several choices for passengers to choose from.

The older .75 per minute rate

The newer faster 1.00 per minute rate

Even faster Haven 1.25 per minute rate

Service fee for using chair while using the internet $5.95

Weekly package for office chair $24.95

Haven and platinum latitude guests will receive free mouse pad usage

Gratuities NOT included

Edited by david_sobe

• 4 weeks later...

The internet packages have disappeared from MyNCL for our August sailing on GEM. They were there a month or so ago, now it shows 0 under Internet Packages. Maybe they'll make it free internet??? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app