PreBooking an Alcove on the reflection

volinder

Hi everyone,

We are onboard the Celebrity reflection this summer. Having visited the forums we are doing some preplanning to make the most of our vacation. We phoned Celebrity to prebook the Alcove and they told us you can only book it once onboard and that Prebooking isnt' available. Is this true?? Or is it possible the CSR just made a mistake.

V

It may have changed, but a few years ago when we sailed on Reflection we were able to prebook. It couldn't be done online, we had to call specialty dining and it was booked through them (The alcoves are serviced by staff from the Lawn Club Grill). There was a set date we had to wait til. However, as with many things, every rep seemed to be saying something different. i.e. a friend was told a different date that we were told when booking would open up, and i think at one point neither of us was given a date, just told to keep checking. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency, but that's nothing new for Celebrity.

It all depends on the sailing and expected demand.

We were not allowed to pre-book for our holiday sailing, but no problem for our February ones.

Look under speciality dining in you cruise planner.

All my past Alcove reservations I was able to do ahead of time by CALLING specialty dining.

We were able to pre book on the Reflection this past New Year's cruise. I called specialty dining, too.

I booked our alcoves for the week online. We are also traveling this summer, in August. Under the "my reservation" section, you can book it under the dining section. I was able to book it online without much difficulty. The only issue I found was that I couldn't book multiple days together. I needed to add, check out and pay for each individual day. I figured we would book the whole cruise, pay for it in advance and we don't end up enjoying the alcoves, will cancel and receive a refund.

I booked our alcoves for the week online. We are also traveling this summer, in August. Under the "my reservation" section, you can book it under the dining section. I was able to book it online without much difficulty. The only issue I found was that I couldn't book multiple days together. I needed to add, check out and pay for each individual day. I figured we would book the whole cruise, pay for it in advance and we don't end up enjoying the alcoves, will cancel and receive a refund.

Well according to the website it costs $198/adult (I'm assuming you only pick one person out of the reservation) for 2 hrs?

Here is the quote direct from the website-

"The Alcoves - At Sea

Duration: 2 Hours

A cool, cabana-style private retreat on The Lawn Club for two to four guests. By day, filtered sunlight and breathtaking ocean views. By night, ambient lighting for drama and star status. A la carte foods and beverages arrive in picnic baskets. Alcoves are even equipped with Wi-Fi. Rental fee applies."

That seems super steep for 2 hours. Am I missing something

• 8 months later...
Hi everyone,

We are onboard the Celebrity reflection this summer. Having visited the forums we are doing some preplanning to make the most of our vacation. We phoned Celebrity to prebook the Alcove and they told us you can only book it once onboard and that Prebooking isnt' available. Is this true?? Or is it possible the CSR just made a mistake.

V

Already booked online for our February 2018 cruise. It's on-line under dinning.

I just booked an alcove for our June 9th sailing. I'm looking forward to the experience but have a question....are some locations better than others? Does Celebrity just assign you one or do you get to choose? Thanks for any input on these alcoves.

We recently booked a Reflection alcove for a 2018 sailing. They originally appeared online only for port days. We wanted an alcove for the entire sailing so I called to inquire with specialty dining. The answers that I received were, as usual, inconsistent. The first representative gave me the best answer, that she did not know the reason, but suggested I just keep checking. I waited a week and spoke to someone else and she stated that they were already booked for all sea days (I found this hard to believe 14 months out) and that they do not wait list. I continued watching the website and a little while later and the sea days finally appeared. Lesson learned, with Celebrity, if you do not like your first answer, just keep trying. As to Alcove location, we had one on the Silhouette a few years ago. We did not notice any of them being in a better location. The location is assigned. You will see a placard with your name on "your alcove" in the morning. I believe if you get there before they are all in use you can ask the attendant to trade locations if there is one you would prefer more.

We are sailing on a B2B leaving 1/28/17. We booked an alcove for the 2 weeks. We really enjoy having our own space to come and go as we please. We booked several months ago using the on line purchase under dining. All of the alcoves are the same, but we usually see the lawn club attendants once we board to pick our alcove for the week, usually in the middle of the row. Hope you enjoy!

I just booked an alcove for our June 9th sailing. I'm looking forward to the experience but have a question....are some locations better than others? Does Celebrity just assign you one or do you get to choose? Thanks for any input on these alcoves.

If you want a specific one, head up to the lawn and talk to the attendants the day before. They're happy to adjust assignments if they can (ie, no one else has asked before you for that alcove).

We were also able to book ours online but I was checking every couple of days to see them open up because it wasn't on any specific schedule.

We loved the experience and would definitely do it again. I'm a little sad Equinox doesn't have them although my husband is excited by the Hot Glass show alternative :)