Carnival Beverage

Because they think Australians will drink so much that they'll lose too much money? :eek:

Interestingly Princess charge $59 for their drinks package. P&O have just raised the price of theirs from $79 to $89!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Thank you all for your responses, So could I go to the "Discrimation Board" about this(only Joking)

Unfortunately I'm not sure there any law that stops a company discriminating between Aus and USA (in fact I know there's not) otherwise a lot of companies would be in trouble, sucks really don't it.

We took this cruise because it was offered at a good price, we have had one previous cruise with Princess and loved it, they set the bench mark, if you could recommend another line which would it be.

David.

We took this cruise because it was offered at a good price, we have had one previous cruise with Princess and loved it, they set the bench mark, if you could recommend another line which would it be.

David.

If you liked Princess ( we sure do) try Celebrity, the two are, in my opinion anyway, pretty similar.

If you liked Princess ( we sure do) try Celebrity, the two are, in my opinion anyway, pretty similar.

I agree. Celebrity and Princess are very similar, and both provide an excellent cruising experience. Some things Celebrity does better, and some Princess does better, but IMHO it is very hard to pick between the two.

Princess has a slight edge for us as they have ships cruising from Australian ports during our winter season.

I agree. Celebrity and Princess are very similar, and both provide an excellent cruising experience. Some things Celebrity does better, and some Princess does better, but IMHO it is very hard to pick between the two.

Princess has a slight edge for us as they have ships cruising from Australian ports during our winter season.

I also like that Princess is in Aus$, I often say though that there's a much difference between two ships from either of them than one if each.

A few things from Celebrity I'd love to see Princess adopt...

Ship made Ice Cream

Aqua Spa Cafe

The Sanwich bar

Probably the top three.

Hi Russell21, I have not been on our cruise yet, we leave Wednesday 11th, 12 days around the South Pacific. I shall give comments on return. We can not comment dislikes yet, my question is the absense of a 'beverage package' the 15% on sales, and $12 a day gratuities, I am just a curious person. I have contacted Carnival awaiting reply. I would rather pay one upfront fee.

David.

There shouldn't be any daily gratuities on an Australian-based Carnival cruise, neither should there be 15% added to items you buy. Where did you get that info from? That sounds more like Carnival US cruises.

Hi Russell21, I have not been on our cruise yet, we leave Wednesday 11th, 12 days around the South Pacific. I shall give comments on return. We can not comment dislikes yet, my question is the absense of a 'beverage package' the 15% on sales, and $12 a day gratuities, I am just a curious person. I have contacted Carnival awaiting reply. I would rather pay one upfront fee.

David.

There are no gratuities, that amount is simply incorporated into the fare, because Australia is not a tipping culture. The staff get the same amount they would get in the US with gratuities added (I talked to my waiter a lot about the differences cruising Oz vs US, this was on Legend which cruises in both countries).

Edited by Tigerlily75