Formal nights on Reflection

tottoncruiser

Hi

I just read that there are no formal nights on reflection?

Does anyone know if this is correct or a new thing?

We are booked to go in June and don't need to pack formal wear if there are no formal nights?

Many Thanks

Darren

We are booked to go in June and don't need to pack formal wear if there are no formal nights?

In it's place, they've adopted a "Casual Chic" dress code [a bit dressier than "smart casual"; less dressy than "formal"] several nights per cruise...

You will find an explanation of the change at the "Frequently Asked Questions" section of the Celebrity website via the following link...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq478

Some still choose to dress formally but you need not pack formal wear unless you choose to do so...

To ad to the above post sand to make it clear. There no more "Formal Nights" on any Celebrity ships anymore.

Having said that, on our recent cruises,we have seen everything from men in tuxedos and women in long gowns to little black cocktail dresses and sport jackets to golf shirts and slacks (we even saw a guy in shorts but no one said anything to him).

So, it has become a dress nice but, how you like, night.

We have just come back from the Eclipse and on the "chic nights" everyone was dressed smart from tux, suits, shirt and trousers, long dresses short dresses, there were not as many tuxes as there used to be. It was a pleasure on one night to see people turned away from the main MDR for wearing shorts.

What ever you wear enjoy.

Hi

Many Thanks

Darren

Yes, tottoncruiser, formal nights were eliminated fairly recently by Celebrity. You don't need to pack formal wear anymore! Not everyone is aware of the change yet, so some cruisers still have their formal wear with them. Designer jeans meet the new elegant chic dress code. :)

Having booked last August we only discovered recently about "Evening Chic" and are a bit disappointed. We are booked on Reflection in July with our family to celebrate our Ruby Wedding and were looking forward to the formal nights as part of the cruise experience.

So my question is, on Evening Chic nights how many people dress formally? We're happy to dress formally but don't want to be the only ones, similarly we don't want to be the only ones in smart shirt and trousers if everyone else is formal.

Any advice appreciated!

Having booked last August we only discovered recently about "Evening Chic" and are a bit disappointed. We are booked on Reflection in July with our family to celebrate our Ruby Wedding and were looking forward to the formal nights as part of the cruise experience.

So my question is, on Evening Chic nights how many people dress formally? We're happy to dress formally but don't want to be the only ones, similarly we don't want to be the only ones in smart shirt and trousers if everyone else is formal.

Any advice appreciated!

Every Cruise is different, and nobody can give you the exact answer, but if you wear formal attire you certainly won't be the only one, and if you wear jeans you won't be the only ones. You will see some of everything on the evening shift nights.

Dress as you wish, no one WILL CARE. Many celebrate wedding, birthdays, what ever and dress they way they wish and are happy. Dress will be all over the place from Formal, as stated above, to Elegant MODERN Chic. and almost everyone will look, note almost, will look dressed to what they think the requested dress for the evening means. NOTE, women seem to be better dressed than the men.

Edited by north29

We dressed in formal wear for the two Chic nights. We did not feel out of place and enjoyed "dressing up". We flew Southwest and had room for nice clothes. Our photos were fantastic and enjoyed the experience. Do what makes you happy. I had full tux one night and Dinner jacket the other. To us it is what makes a cruise special. We had no issues or concerns about everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks all for your advice. We will certainly be smart, i.e. not jeans.

When in July are you sailing ? We are on the 8th July and my husband generally wears his kilt outfit, not sure what to do this year

We are on the 18th out of Rome. I normally wear Trews with the Charlie jacket but not sure now either. My son would wear his kilt but he's not sure either.

I think the whole "Evening Chic" thing has just made it more confusing. If people don't want to Formal then surely they can book a cruise that doesn't do Formal of which there are many.

We thought we'd do lounge suit as a minimum but looking at the replies we might just take the formal gear.

I have been on 3 cruises since formal night went away. In January, there were still some tuxedos and gowns. Most people still looked very nice. Dressy was a good description. Last week, I saw one tuxedo and lots of jeans and shorts. There was little difference between smart casual night attire and chic attire. It all looked the same. No need to really dress up. Our society has become more casual. There are very few occassions when I need to fancy clothing. While it makes packing for a cruise easier, I miss dressing up. I know that I can dress up if I want to. Like most people I like to fit in. I wear smart casual on all nights.

We are on the 18th out of Rome. I normally wear Trews with the Charlie jacket but not sure now either. My son would wear his kilt but he's not sure either.

I think the whole "Evening Chic" thing has just made it more confusing. If people don't want to Formal then surely they can book a cruise that doesn't do Formal of which there are many.

We thought we'd do lounge suit as a minimum but Looking at the replies we might just take the formal gear.

We had a couple of kilts on Connie last week, they looked great and not out of place at all.

We had a couple of kilts on Connie last week, they looked great and not out of place at all.

I think DH has more or less made up his mind to take his kilt as there are not a lot of opportunities to wear it nowadays , pity we were not on the same sailing as we could have supported one another

Correct, does not mean you should stop, giving in to no formal night is it good or bad. If you want formal night you get that feedback in person as well email

If you want to dress up go for it. Our next big cruise is a 12 night Amsterdam to Rome. With days in London before and after the cruise. And days in Amsterdam before. We will be gone 20 days. Luggage weight is not a issue as we have 2 bags at 70 lbs each. Do we really want to bring clothes that we are only going to use 3 nights.