Puppies in the Piazza??

ACoupleAtSea

I see the Grand listed and we are booked. I cannot wait for this!! What a fabulous idea. We saw the Iditarod puppies on an excursion once ... got to hold and play with them. It was a highlight on one of our cruises. Who doesn't love puppies???

I see the Grand listed and we are booked. I cannot wait for this!! What a fabulous idea. We saw the Iditarod puppies on an excursion once ... got to hold and play with them. It was a highlight on one of our cruises. Who doesn't love puppies???

I heard about this. We are booked on the Grand for next year, and I am looking forward to this.

We saw the puppies in Juneau a couple of years ago.

Patti

I just read an article today stating it is starting this summer. I would love to see that, not just in Alaska but anywhere! How cute!

Just curious if the article was specific as per dates. "This summer" meaning June or July or "this summer" meaning this year's Alaska cruises whenever they begin. We are sailing on May and hope they are there!

Just curious if the article was specific as per dates. "This summer" meaning June or July or "this summer" meaning this year's Alaska cruises whenever they begin. We are sailing on May and hope they are there!

I double checked that article, it only states "summer". Princess website doesn't say either. Fingers crossed for you.

Libby Riddles (1985 Iditarod winner) has given presentations on board in the past and has brought her dogs to the pier in Juneau, I think it was, but never had the dogs on the ship that I know of. We found it interesting to see what a real sled dog looks like (smaller than you would think). The puppy thing sounds fun for an aww moment but the adult dogs might be more interesting. I recommend the dog sled excursion.

dz

Libby Riddles (1985 Iditarod winner) has given presentations on board in the past and has brought her dogs to the pier in Juneau, I think it was, but never had the dogs on the ship that I know of. We found it interesting to see what a real sled dog looks like (smaller than you would think). The puppy thing sounds fun for an aww moment but the adult dogs might be more interesting. I recommend the dog sled excursion.

dz

Our last time in Alaska we did the dog sled excursion. There were 6 of us and going to the snow by helicopter was cost prohibitive. We did the "golf cart sled" excursion. We had a blast. And yes, the sled dogs were not at all what I imagined. I expected white fluffy husky type dogs. Instead most of the dogs looked like a mixture of German Shepherd and ? And they wore cute little boots when they ran on snow that were sewn by the drivers. I wish i recalled the name of our driver. Very interesting gal. She had left a law practice in Pennsylvania and ended up training for the Iditerod.

Were booked on the Crown Princess sailing on May 21 round trip from Seattle. Received some notification a while back that the puppies will be on our ship throughout the Alaskan cruise season. I do believe this includes other Princess ships as well. I know most passengers will love this.