How far in advance is the best time to book a Miami hotel

two_n_six

Hi we are sailing out of Miami on 2nd April 2017 and have looked at hotel prices in the Bayside and Mary Brickell areas but they are all considerably higher at that time than they are presently. Is this because April is more expensive or just the fact I'm trying to look at prices too far in advance. If so when would be the best time to book. We are staying for 2 nights so it would be a Friday and Saturday night stay.

Yes, April is still peak season in S Florida. Especially when Easter happens in mid April like it is next year. Rates drop in May for the summer.

Personally I would book something that is refundable whenever you are ready and then keep an eye out for any lower rate that might pop up. The closer you get the higher the rates go.

We booked our March 2017 Florida land stay last month and pickings were sparse and rates were high for our wants.

Hi we are sailing out of Miami on 2nd April 2017 and have looked at hotel prices in the Bayside and Mary Brickell areas but they are all considerably higher at that time than they are presently. Is this because April is more expensive or just the fact I'm trying to look at prices too far in advance. If so when would be the best time to book. We are staying for 2 nights so it would be a Friday and Saturday night stay.

You are definitely cruising during a very busy time. As others have said, either book a refundable/cancellable rate now, or if you find an advance purchase rate you can live with, go ahead. I would find it highly unlikely that room rates will go down for April stays in light of both spring break/easter timeframes.

I was in a similar situation only for March 4. Rates even at the airport, which I don't want as we are driving, have been very high plus I need to pay for parking. Recently I have noticed a few on the downtown/Port hotel rates going down. Not a lot but in the range of $25 to $50 per room. Keep checking daily if you have the chance. I would not book a non-refundable, as you still might find an affordable rate you can live with. Make sure you have major hotel loyalty cards, too.

Yes, April is still peak season in S Florida. Especially when Easter happens in mid April like it is next year. Rates drop in May for the summer.

Personally I would book something that is refundable whenever you are ready and then keep an eye out for any lower rate that might pop up. The closer you get the higher the rates go.

We booked our March 2017 Florida land stay last month and pickings were sparse and rates were high for our wants.

Nice to know that prices drop in May for the summer. We are looking for an August 19th stay. I may hold off for a bit then.

Nice to know that prices drop in May for the summer. We are looking for an August 19th stay. I may hold off for a bit then.

Definitely hold off booking for August. It is our dead period.

You'll be able to book four star hotels for under $100.