20% off Drink Packages

Saw this offer on cruise personalizer, should we jump on it? We had been thinking about adding drink package, but usually wait till boarding. 7 nights, $200 savings for 2.

If you save that much, I would jump on it now. Prices keep changing. If it goes lower, you can always cancel and rebook but if it goes up, you've lost your chance at the lower price. I just got off the phone with C&A and I was told that on board prices have increased for the "summer season".

We purchased our Premium Package last night for our 18 night Transpacific from Hawaii to Sydney and saved just under $500AUD, worked out at $57.52AUD per day incl. grats. So Happy!!!!! :):eek:

Check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. The "deal" is not offered on all sailings.

No it isn't offered on all sailings and I was surprised to find it on a Repositioning cruise to be truthful, but in saying this I did look about a week ago and it wasn't there but was yesterday and is still there now. So maybe only as you get closer or just at certain times, who knows!

It's not 20% off.

It is more like 80% on............

A couple of weeks ago the per day price for our package was "starting from $71AUD per day" - when I bought ours last night we paid $57.52AUD per day!!!! Which is almost exactly 20% off!

I have been watching our cruise planner for the beverage sale and never saw the prices drop ($49 premium, $59 Ultimate, $19 Royal Replenish) so I went ahead and bought at those prices a few days ago. Now, finally, my cruise planner says 20% off beverage packages, but the prices are exactly the same, and there's no free gratuity or anything. I went so far as adding the supposed "sale" package into my cart but no price drops. Does the 20% come off when you actually check out? I'm wondering if I should cancel and rebook the beverages or if it's just RC now billing those prices from a few days ago as the "Sale"? Thanks for any info-

Technically they say 20% off onboard rates so if they are truthful, you should see the premium package for sale for about 58 and change on the ship when actually sail. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Technically they say 20% off onboard rates so if they are truthful, you should see the premium package for sale for about 58 and change on the ship when actually sail. Time will tell.

Aha-you're right. That explains it.

I have been watching our cruise planner for the beverage sale and never saw the prices drop ($49 premium, $59 Ultimate, $19 Royal Replenish) so I went ahead and bought at those prices a few days ago. Now, finally, my cruise planner says 20% off beverage packages, but the prices are exactly the same, and there's no free gratuity or anything. I went so far as adding the supposed "sale" package into my cart but no price drops. Does the 20% come off when you actually check out? I'm wondering if I should cancel and rebook the beverages or if it's just RC now billing those prices from a few days ago as the "Sale"? Thanks for any info-

I was wondering the same thing. It states 20% off, but when you go to checkout, it doesn't discount the price. I'm so confused :(

we bought ours yesterday - on RCI's materials it says the premium package starts at $49 but i recall it looking a bit higher when i saw the option in the cruise planner. but when i heard about the deal, i checked the planner again yesterday and saw that the package was now $44 per day. so it's not quite 20% from the $49 price but i bet it probably was 20% off whatever they had been selling it at.

i went to get the 20% deal as I had written the prices down MONTHS ago in my personal cruise notebook, and noticed they didn't include the 18% gratuities. I added it and it still was a savings of sorts. Now Ijust ahve to figure if the 50-18 dollars saved is worth it. Hmmmmmmm, savings is a savings right ;)

Here is the "regular" price on drink packages:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage-flyer-general-v4.pdf

and here it the price from current 20% off promotion:

From*

$36.00USD Adult per day

Select Beverage Package Special Offer

From*

$47.00USD Adult per day

Premium Beverage Package Special Offer

From*

$53.00USD Adult per day

Ultimate Beverage Package Special Offer

Price above does NOT include gratuities.

Not even close to 20% savings.

Here is the "regular" price on drink packages:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage-flyer-general-v4.pdf

and here it the price from current 20% off promotion:

From*

$36.00USD Adult per day

Select Beverage Package Special Offer

From*

$47.00USD Adult per day

Premium Beverage Package Special Offer

From*

$53.00USD Adult per day

Ultimate Beverage Package Special Offer

Price above does NOT include gratuities.

Not even close to 20% savings.

I think the point that a few others have made though is that the special offer prices vary according to your sailing. I see that what you have posted is $47 for premium - I booked mine yesterday (for a November Liberty sailing) for $44 per day. Neither include gratuity of course, but some people might have lower prices than others, depending on when they go.

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!I went back and looked again at my cruise notebook and I have TWO PRICES for the packages listed. The first is 49/pd for Premium and 59/pd for Ulitmate. There was a price change and I have the most recent price as 57/pd for premium and 69/pd for Ultimate. .....Now when I plug in those prices, the 20% off is not from any of the figures I have???? :eek:....So lost trying to keep up...smh:rolleyes:

When looking at the cruise personalizer, does it state save 20% off or do you have to go into the package and see a reduced price. It's not offered for my sailing as of now but just wondering what to keep an eye on.

I wondered what it looked like as well and it finally showed for our Allure cruise in October. It was not quite 20% of the published PDF rate but it does clearly state 20% of onboard rate as CP30 mentioned. I failed to read the details and missed that part.

The pic looks something like this. It should display that when you first go into the Beverage Package option. You don't have to actually select one.

j63c44.jpg

Edited by jk04

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I asked the C&A rep yesterday on the phone what happens if the price of the Ultimate package when I walk on the Liberty on June 19th is $59 per day instead of the supposed $67 per day that I'm "given" the 20% off of, will they recalculate my 20% off of the $59 and the basic answer was no. I was just told that if the price is lower then the $67 per day when I board, I can always cancel and rebook; however, by then, there won't be a 20% discount. Duh!

When looking at the cruise personalizer, does it state save 20% off or do you have to go into the package and see a reduced price. It's not offered for my sailing as of now but just wondering what to keep an eye on.

Ours wasn't showing any discount for a couple of weeks but I kept checking anyway and when I went in a couple of days ago, there it was on the cruise planner. So keep checking and if it is going to be available you will see it a soon as you go to the Beverage Package section of your Cruise Planner.

Saw this offer on cruise personalizer, should we jump on it? We had been thinking about adding drink package, but usually wait till boarding. 7 nights, $200 savings for 2.

Do it! No deals advertised onboard Allure two weeks ago. Cocktails are $12+18% = $14.16 each