Dawn Thoughts

mjaruse

I have been on two cruises previously (Royal Carribean) and loved them. I am heading to Bermuda from Boston on the Dawn and I'm nervous I'm going to be underwhelmed. I was looking forward to watching movies on deck and found out the Dawn doesn't have an outdoor screen. There doesn't seem to be a ton for entertainment. Thoughts? Anyone love their time on the Dawn to Bermuda? Anyone have Boston to Bermuda dailies? Thanks!

We do!

The number one reason is that we live in Boston, and being able to take the T or an Uber to vacation is amazing. The second you walk on the ship and get a drink in your hand, vacation has started and you haven't had to get on a plane.

We like the size of the ship. We never feel rushed or crowded and we love being greeted by name and a smile when we sit down at Gatsby's (to be fair we go there a lot ;) )We have never had any issues finding a lounge chair by the pool or the surrounding area.

Bermuda is amazing! The water is so many different shades of blue. Three days in port and coming and going off the ship at your leisure cannot be beat. We love the British influence, and the locals are so polite and friendly. And then there are the beautiful beaches!

We also really like that we have two days coming back from Bermuda at sea (as opposed to Breakaway having the two days on the way down). It seems to make the trip feel longer, like there is still some vacation to be had even after we leave gorgeous Bermuda.

If you are looking for lots of bells and whistles this isn't the ship for you. That's not to say that the Dawn doesn't have fabulous entertainment and activities (trivia, music, DJs, games, comedy, Broadway-style shows). But if things like waterslides, rope courses, etc. mean that much to you, the Dawn doesn't fit the bill.

If your idea of a good vacation is relaxing in the sun, reading a good book, enjoying a few cocktails, trying lots of different restaurants, seeing a show or two, and exploring a beautiful island (just to name some of the fun) then you won't be disappointed!

Edited by BeachMartini

Even though the Dawn is a smaller ship, I don't think that you will be underwhelmed. There are enough activities and entertainments to keep you as busy as you want to be.

No, there are no climbing walls and slides, but they had Wii games, dance classes, trivia, occasional movies in the Spinnaker Lounge, and lots of good stuff.

Bermuda from Boston is the best.

Since you live in Boston, can you recommend a tour guide for a day before our cruise in September? There are 3 couples that would like to hire a local to have a day long tour of the historic sights. Could we just take buses or subways to self guide? Thanks for any advice!!!

Thanks! This makes me feel better. Anyone know if they are adding an outdoor movie screen on the dry dock?

That has not been in any of the upgrades that I have seen. It is mostly moving around restaurants so they can add O'Sheenan's and also a complete renovation of all areas, ie carpet, wall coverings, bedding, etc.

We were on Dawn in March and did not feel underwhelmed at all. Thought it was a beautiful ship that had plenty to do on it. For a full ship, we did not think it was crowded beside the pool area which all the college spring breakers spent most of their time.