Vista Class front terrace

elbarney

Dear all, I have a question about the front terraces(sorry if it's not the right word) on vista class ships.

In particular, I can see on decks 5,6 and 7 that there seems to be a terrace that seems perfect for scenic sailings. When I was on the Noordam I tired unsucessfully to find an access to them, but I could only find crew only doors.

Do you know if it's possible to access them?

Are they always open?

Where is the door located?

Thank you very much.

Thanks!

Having spent over 50 days in cabin 6002 (one of the two forward facing cabins on the Vistas)on two different cruises, that space was only open once. That one time was when we were making a transit of the Panama Canal.

I am now on Nieuw Amsterdam and that area is going to be open tomorrow as we sail in Glacier Bay. Perhaps the Vistas open it for some scenic sailing in Alaska.

The door is at the end of the corridors on deck 6.

As others have said, those decks are only open for scenic cruising, and not always then. They were not opened when I did the partial Panama Canal cruise, and they usually are open then.

You would not want to be out there if the ship was moving at a good clip. The headwind would be too much.

To get there, head up the forward elevators/staircase, go over to port side, and walk all the way forward.