"Cruising and Grooving" Live from Allure of the Seas!!! May 15 - 22 - 2016

Embarkation day was very fun. I was very frustrated, that we got a very late start with the Muster drill it was at 4:30, I had prearranged the port Everglades wave hi cam to zoom in on my location on my balcony, but guess what, I didn't even get up to my balcony until we were way past the jetties!! I was VERY, disappointed!!'

But what can you do, I am on a Cruise!!!!

We had to get ready for dinner at 5:30, as our seating for dinner and the main dining room was at 6 PM,

Celisse was trying to find me, as I found out from her scope. But unfortunately I was at dinner, and the MDR is a no phone zone.

By the time I got out and about, she was already heading to Mama Mia.

I will definitely catch you tomorrow at M&M Celisse!! Can't wait to meet you!!!

I finally got a chance to have my first drink on board, I know very late, ( not a big drinker)after dinner. I got the lava flow, as recommended by my friend Matt!!!!!

I decided to go back to my cabin, and just chill out, so I can be ready to just take on the day tomorrow with full energy!!!

Catch you guys tomorrow, for more fun. Thank you so much for following me along here, as well as periscope!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app9394df8f424d7b6d2316008713c54852.jpg49316d768014935fad1a8e51847e41b1.jpga1169175d8b483232f1e3c17fdf31d5f.jpg19f852dfb8d0c1a492576afe67c33649.jpg601df23ee347b31fcfbf84f2662c0e77.jpg

Edited by CruisingKat71

I really enjoyed your scopes today Kat and Celisse! Thank you so much!

Kat, you'll have to show us the signs you made for sail-away, all the effort you put in, we'd still like to see them when you get an opportunity :)

Enjoy the night and here's to another great day tomorrow!

I really enjoyed your scopes today Kat and Celisse! Thank you so much!

Kat, you'll have to show us the signs you made for sail-away, all the effort you put in, we'd still like to see them when you get an opportunity :)

Enjoy the night and here's to another great day tomorrow!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I kind of downplayed exactly how disappointed I was on my last post, I was completely upset!!' that I didn't get to say hi to my friends on the Rocks waiting to capture a picture of us from our balcony.

I had watched so many periscopes from Billy Scoping the Allure so many previous Sundays with no issues, and it was finally MY TURN!! and we had a hiccup with our sail away and didn't get to wave goodbye from the ship, as it sailed away.

But I got over it, and I'm ready for a fun filled cruise the rest of the week!!!

Here are my signs, I did go ahead and tape them to my balcony, maybe somebody will see them in the ports. [emoji6] and I can always use them for future Cruises as well.

d58f4ed65f697a202ec382e9a383158c.jpg4e7fabb2ee0e1e6e0da5798f0155aaaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I didn't even realize that was what happened. I had to go to a meeting for Dialysis with my mom right after Muster, but we stopped in the room for a minute before the meeting and we were already really far out.

We were in the theatre for muster and we heard and felt the ship start moving when we were in there, but I didn't realize we would be that far along. I guess because we didn't have to turn around.

So was there a sail away party at all? I was very confused when I went walking around and didn't see ANYONE.

I'm sorry you missed your sail away. I know you were really looking forward to that. [emoji24]

Edited by pharaoh

WOW, sorry that happened to you! I saw you on the royal blog scope and thought they took away your signage, now I understand... All that prep may still pay off, lots will see it at ports! And you're on vacation Yay!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

I didn't even realize that was what happened. I had to go to a meeting for Dialysis with my mom right after Muster, but we stopped in the room for a minute before the meeting and we were already really far out.

We were in the theatre for muster and we heard and felt the ship start moving when we were in there, but I didn't realize we would be that far along. I guess because we didn't have to turn around.

So was there a sail away party at all? I was very confused when I went walking around and didn't see ANYONE.

I'm sorry you missed your sail away. I know you were really looking forward to that. [emoji24]

I was told by Friends that were on the Jetty Rocks waiting to capture a picture of my Crew, on my Balcony, that it was a "Ghost Ship sail Away" NO ONE on the decks!!! [emoji852]️

No sail away party that was announced or than I was aware of either!!

Look Forward to finally meeting you this Morning!!!! [emoji4]

Edited by CruisingKat71

7e0157a4b161bc95b4ea598e46b27584.jpgHaving a great Day so Far!!! Got up at 7:00am. My first stop was Starbucks!!!!! I learned with all of my research, that on the oasis class ships, you can preload your Starbucks card, or Starbucks gift card, and use them to buy your coffee!!! it's a full-fledged This is only on oasis class ships, this can be done.

After my coffee, I decided to walk around the sports deck and do some Periscoping. I'm still getting used to the ship and I was all the way forward trying to find the flow rider, so obviously I had to walk aft. Once I found it, I had a blast Periscoping the flow rider!!!

I can see why Andrew loves it so much it is so interesting and so fascinating watching the people surf with the flow rider. I would not have the courage to get on there, at least not right now. I have to get myself in better shape.

After my scope from the flow rider, it was almost time for the meet and mingle. I finally got to meet my fellow Periscoper, Celisse!!! We kept missing each other yesterday.

Embarkation day was kind of confusing for me, as I was trying to find my way around the ship.

The next event was the slot pull.

That was fun it was $15 a person and you took three turns spending the slot we ended up winning about half of our money back, it was still fun even though we did not win big!!

It was great to be there to Celebrate Celisse's and Angela's birthdays with them.

It is almost time for the cabin crawl. I will Periscoping the Cabin Crawl. That way I can do a cabin tour, of many different type of cabins. There will be a superior Oceanview cabin in the cabin crawl just like my Cabin so that way you will see The type of cabin that I have.

I will write more reviews on this evening later on have a great day

Edited by CruisingKat71

4edb7343152281997884c0fa7814b4e6.jpgc80cd5c177dcf570ccff530941e80043.jpg1b99350cb0eed02755b5e576edac1fa5.jpgcf80f61f95c0c42f60884889ee92d23e.jpg3f73c219c1cc22a4553ba521931dbba3.jpgThis Evening was Formal night. I am a Nurse by trade, so I am not used to wearing heels very often, I managed to keep my shoes on until after Dinner. We quickly Changed after Dinner. My Husband Dirk, and I, went to see OceanAria. It was a wonderful Show. Sorry I could not scope that show. It is actually not allowed. There is regulations regarding copyright laws.

Tomorrow we will be in Labadee Haiti!! It is just going to be a beach day for myself, and my husband. I did reserve one of the clamshell loungers on the beach,!as I like to have some shade, and not get sunburned.

I will most definitely do a Periscope early in the morning and the ship pulling into Labadie Haiti. I plan on turning in a little early tonight, so that way I can be prepared for tomorrow.

Edited by CruisingKat71

Spent most of the morning catching up on the scopes. :)

Re: Chops or Izumi, I suggest something you both agree on.

Someone asked if people look at you funny when you scope. As new as it is, some probably do?

We alternate between RCI and Norwegian and like them both a lot.

Have a great day at the beach!

Hi Kat. Sounds like you had great day today. Hopefully the evening has been just as much fun. Being on holidays is a bit of work, isn't it.:D

Thanks for offering to say hi to the sports crew. As for saying hi to specific flowrider staff there has been turn over since we were on her with crew going to Harmony. If you wanted to say hello approach one of the crew at the sports desk. You could tell them that Andrew, Lisa and Owen from Canada say hello and that we B2Bed with them in March. You might catch someone that knows us, and you might not.

Thanks for doing this.

Andrew

Hi Kat. Sounds like you had great day today. Hopefully the evening has been just as much fun. Being on holidays is a bit of work, isn't it.:D

Thanks for offering to say hi to the sports crew. As for saying hi to specific flowrider staff there has been turn over since we were on her with crew going to Harmony. If you wanted to say hello approach one of the crew at the sports desk. You could tell them that Andrew, Lisa and Owen from Canada say hello and that we B2Bed with them in March. You might catch someone that knows us, and you might not.

Thanks for doing this.

Andrew

Hey Andrew

Your very welcome. It is actually cool for me to see the Places you showed on your scope, in person!! [emoji846] I was scoping the approach into Labadee, and Lisa was following the Live Scope, I walked in the area of the Golf Course. I did a shout out to your family, and shot the scope up to where your Sky Loft Suite was. Your home Away from Home in March, for Two weeks!!!

Thank You for Following along. and I look forward to your next Scope. I think you said in LA?

Having a great evening, and a fabulous Cruise!!!

Hi Kathy.

Was Labadee great? We have been there only once. It was windy from what I remember. Did you end up going to Chops or Izumi's for dinner? We like them both. Okay, be honest, how is the ship? We have not been on bigger that the Voyager class. Your Periscopes sure make it look inviting!

Have a great rest of your cruise!

Jackie

Hi Kathy.

Was Labadee great? We have been there only once. It was windy from what I remember. Did you end up going to Chops or Izumi's for dinner? We like them both. Okay, be honest, how is the ship? We have not been on bigger that the Voyager class. Your Periscopes sure make it look inviting!

Have a great rest of your cruise!

Jackie

Hey Jackie,

It was Good. Will be doing my daily review here in just a bit. [emoji846] thank You so much.

Hi Kat! Following you here and on periscope! Will be on Allure in September for my 30th birthday!!! Did you bring on any wine with you? Are the prices/menu at Star bucks similar what we have on land?? Great idea to take giftcards! Do you know if there are free softserve ice cream machines on the decks? (Like carnival has?) Keep up the great scopes and thank you for all your bard work while you are on vacation!!! Enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I've been following you on Periscope and I just saw this thread. I plan to live vicariously through you to tide me over until my turn in October.:D:D

I am the same way...We just sailed on Freedom last month and I scoped from there but now that we am back I am totally addicted to following everyone's Periscopes to get me thru until April 2017...lol