Adventure of the Seas Drydock?

Does anyone know when AOS will be going to drydock? and what, if any, changes are being made? Thank you.

I've read several threads and much of it is conjecture, and we all know Royal can change its mind. I think I have heard October, but I haven't checked the booking schedules for this ship to see if that matches. I of course am watching as I'll be on that ship next.

Adventure will be going into dry dock in October. The first sailing will be November 14. I hope it is completed by then as we are on that sailing. There has been no official word from RCL on three changes.

However, some of the rumored changes are adding Chops, moving the CL to where the library, card room is by the VCL. It was said the Cigar lounge will become the library. Also more rooms to be added. A flow rider is to be installed.

Dates seem to match what I saw when I booked the 11/19 cruise, nothing but a couple of widely different rumors on what work will be done though.

Don't understand the incredible secrecy level RCI puts on these things, as long as they don't pull an Empress on me though I don't think I will care what the changes are.

Adventure will be going into dry dock in October. The first sailing will be November 14. I hope it is completed by then as we are on that sailing. There has been no official word from RCL on three changes.

However, some of the rumored changes are adding Chops, moving the CL to where the library, card room is by the VCL. It was said the Cigar lounge will become the library. Also more rooms to be added. A flow rider is to be installed.

That seems to be the most consistent rumored changes. I hope not, but fear if your sailing is delayed, they won't announce it till the week ahead. Good luck! I'll be watching and hope you report back.

I didn't notice that this was the first cruise post dry dock when I booked (visions of Empress dancing in my head). My schedule is fairly flexible so I can adjust, though I will be extremely disappointed.

My intention is to report on changes/updates upon return. I am already bittersweet about the CL move. I chose our suite location because it was close to the CL which was convenient for my husband to get his morning coffee.

However, being by the VCL with windows would be a major improvement and I am sure will the additional walking will be good for offsetting dinners and drinks.

Don't understand the incredible secrecy level RCI puts on these things, as long as they don't pull an Empress on me though I don't think I will care what the changes are.

My guess is so that they can change plans (aka reduce the new features) at any time without any complaints.

That type of thing happened with Majesty (some previously announced new features were backtracked on) and many people were not happy.

I didn't notice that this was the first cruise post dry dock when I booked (visions of Empress dancing in my head). My schedule is fairly flexible so I can adjust, though I will be extremely disappointed.

Empress was a very unique situation (coming from a different brand with "unexpected" problems). I wouldn't worry about Adventure sailing on time, but the possibility of work continuing while you are sailing could be a possibility.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser